Acronym.

Westbrook

17 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Might be wrong but I don’t remember this line in the description of previous releases(?)

“Aluminium exterior layer will eventually disintegrate to reveal white interior layer.”

Dragged a blade repeatedly over some silver xpac laying around to expedite the process for illustration:

IMG_6825.jpg

I really can't imagine arriving to this point unless you are subjecting your bag to some serious abuse. Personally not my slant, but to each their own. 

Edited by robbatussin

1 hour ago, robbatussin said:

Dragged a blade repeatedly over some silver xpac laying around to expedite the process for illustration:

IMG_6825.jpg

I really can't imagine arriving to this point unless you are subjecting your bag to some serious abuse. Personally not my slant, but to each their own. 

How's the durability of that white interior layer?

1 minute ago, robbatussin said:

Highly abrasive resistant fabric. Technically speaking, it should be the exterior of the bag. 

Good to know.  I don't expect to thrash my foil pieces and am very careful with my belongings.  I currently do carry my 3A-1 daily and it still looks pristine.  I'm confident alternating between the two (+3A-3TS BLK FOIL) regularly will extend the lifespans.

Any differences with the black foil?  I noticed the description didn't include the interior layer bit.

On 11/16/2017 at 8:32 AM, robbatussin said:

Deviating from the 3RD-ARM buzz for a sec to voice my unfortunate dissatisfaction with the Claustrum iPhone cases. Love the look of this thing, but the metal which clads the exterior of the case seriously interferes with cellular signals and makes having a comprehensible phone call nearly impossible on my 6s, even effecting Bluetooth connection with my airpods to the point where audio cuts out and/or is not transmitted entirely. Tried the case on other phones to replicate symptoms to ensure it was not just my phone and it was confirmed. Used it for almost 4 months (taking it on and off) until I couldn't take it anymore. 

Will be forwarding the aforementioned feedback directly to Claustrum in hopes of conjuring a remedy for later iterations. I would steer clear till then. 

sorry to give an outlier data point but i've had some sort of claustrum case since my iphone 5, 6, 7 and now iphone 8. i haven't noticed any irregularities in reception during that time. i also regularly use airpods and their signal doesn't seem to be diminished, although the phone is usually either in my pocket or in a bag on my body so they're never that far away.

definitely an interesting observation though, but in talking with the designer he made a conscious effort to not block the antenna seams on the phone.

which version of iphone do you have? (sim free, or carrier?)

21 minutes ago, chris_n said:

sorry to give an outlier data point but i've had some sort of claustrum case since my iphone 5, 6, 7 and now iphone 8. i haven't noticed any irregularities in reception during that time. i also regularly use airpods and their signal doesn't seem to be diminished, although the phone is usually either in my pocket or in a bag on my body so they're never that far away.

definitely an interesting observation though, but in talking with the designer he made a conscious effort to not block the antenna seams on the phone.

which version of iphone do you have? (sim free, or carrier?)

I've got a carrier unlocked 6s. With the case attached and Airpods connected, audio cuts out as soon as the phone moves away from my chest and/or enters my front pocket. Repeating the routine with the case off fixes the issue. It could also just be an issue specific to the 6s design; the profile of the case mimics the antenna placement on the 6s. Maybe this is disrupting the signal? I really don't know, maybe someone with more knowledge on the topic could provide input. 

4444_1_1.jpg

2 hours ago, robbatussin said:

audio cuts out as soon as the phone moves away from my chest and/or enters my front pocket. Repeating the routine with the case off fixes the issue.

that is super odd and definitely sounds related to the case! odd thing is, i thought it might be related to the 'blackening' type finish that you pictured, but i have a blackening finished version case here and it works absolutely fine on an att iphone 7.

have you tried replicating this on iphone 7-8 or just 6?

Regarding import duties to USA for the foil 3A-3TS release...

caveat: I'm by no means an expert on this kind of stuff and only used the valuable info previously provided by @CARLOOA and @Voyager to corroborate my own Google-ing. PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

• My order was placed on the evening of the 15th. 
  • Didn't receive a shipment conf email from Acronym, but woke up today to an email from UPS informing me that $59.64 in duties are owed + the $11.00 brokerage fee UPS pockets (for fronting the duties on our behalf). A total of $70.64. 
  • Phoned UPS and was told that the tariff code associated with the package is 4202.22.30.40 ; this code corresponds to a 7.4% duty rate. 
  • Upon referring the code to the HTS cheat sheet (chp.42), I'd say that Acronym already provided UPS the most specific code (70% PA -nylon 30% PES -polyester) aka "man-made fibers."
  • With the most specific code already being assigned to the package, there's no chance that the duty percentage can be further lowered. 

tldr: Pay up ; the 7.4% duty rate is as low as it's going to get for these 3A foil bags.

Edited by austinalamualaykum

1 hour ago, austinalamualaykum said:

Regarding import duties to USA for the foil 3A-3TS release...

caveat: I'm by no means an expert on this kind of stuff and only used the valuable info previously provided by @CARLOOA and @Voyager to corroborate my own Google-ing. PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

• My order was placed on the evening of the 15th. 
  • Didn't receive a shipment conf email from Acronym, but woke up today to an email from UPS informing me that $59.64 in duties are owed + the $11.00 brokerage fee UPS pockets (for fronting the duties on our behalf). A total of $70.64. 
  • Phoned UPS and was told that the tariff code associated with the package is 4202.22.30.40 ; this code corresponds to a 7.4% duty rate. 
  • Upon referring the code to the HTS cheat sheet (chp.42), I'd say that Acronym already provided UPS the most specific code (70% PA -nylon 30% PES -polyester) aka "man-made fibers."
  • With the most specific code already being assigned to the package, there's no chance that the duty percentage can be further lowered. 

tldr: Pay up ; the 7.4% duty rate is as low as it's going to get for these 3A foil bags.

I’m so proud of you. :)

18 minutes ago, goodtimeshaxor said:

My 3A-3TS shipment just arrived in Philadelphia and tracking says:

"The package is awaiting clearing agency review. / Your package was released by the clearing agency."

Does this mean my shipment dodged duty? *Crossing fingers*

No, it just means it left the facility 

On 11/17/2017 at 2:07 PM, robbatussin said:

I've got a carrier unlocked 6s. With the case attached and Airpods connected, audio cuts out as soon as the phone moves away from my chest and/or enters my front pocket. Repeating the routine with the case off fixes the issue. It could also just be an issue specific to the 6s design; the profile of the case mimics the antenna placement on the 6s. Maybe this is disrupting the signal? I really don't know, maybe someone with more knowledge on the topic could provide input. 

4444_1_1.jpg

That's funny, your situation with the case reminds me of this product which is a phone pouch that purposefully blocks all communication through cellular and internet networks. Quite a cyberpunk idea.

5 hours ago, GFNS said:

Sad to report that I just discovered a small hole in the right hand pocket of my J62-S.

I do this for my culture.

Is it worn through or came like that you think? I didn’t check mine over that well yet and fell foul of the unstitched pockets in the PB version last time.

6 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Is it worn through or came like that you think? I didn’t check mine over that well yet and fell foul of the unstitched pockets in the PB version last time.

To be honest, I don’t recall it being that way from the onset.  It’s a small, probably less than an inch, gap that seems to have come apart.  I didn’t expect that, despite the PB reports, but alas!  The good thing is that it’s small and repairable at the moment.  I’ll steer clear of it for now until I can take it to my tailor.