Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, Rain Dogs said:

Does anyone know if a Thinkpad t470 will fit in a 3a-3ts?

Not sure about the t470 but the x220 nearly takes up all the space when in a 3a-1 horizontally, a little more space is available when placed in vertically. Personally I'd rather just carry it in a backpack.

Just now, X.bee said:

There's a gif on the site showing new vs worn

Yep. I saw that. I was wondering if anyone had anything to add from their experience. For example effects of wear on durability or water resistance or how long the material should remain durable in certain use conditions

Everything keeps popping in and out of in-stock 

10 minutes ago, goodtimeshaxor said:

Ordered 3a-3ts in black. Anyone have long-term experience with the foil material and have thoughts on its wear pattern / durability?

pretty durable for normal use, the corners of my macbook air wore down the corners where it sat though. looks good with age imo

Deviating from the 3RD-ARM buzz for a sec to voice my unfortunate dissatisfaction with the Claustrum iPhone cases. Love the look of this thing, but the metal which clads the exterior of the case seriously interferes with cellular signals and makes having a comprehensible phone call nearly impossible on my 6s, even effecting Bluetooth connection with my airpods to the point where audio cuts out and/or is not transmitted entirely. Tried the case on other phones to replicate symptoms to ensure it was not just my phone and it was confirmed. Used it for almost 4 months (taking it on and off) until I couldn't take it anymore. 

Will be forwarding the aforementioned feedback directly to Claustrum in hopes of conjuring a remedy for later iterations. I would steer clear till then. 

EDIT: This is a personal testimony based solely on use of the case with the 6/6s models and cannot speak on whether other iPhone models are affected.

Edited by robbatussin

9 hours ago, goodtimeshaxor said:

Yep. I saw that. I was wondering if anyone had anything to add from their experience. For example effects of wear on durability or water resistance or how long the material should remain durable in certain use conditions

I've only had the MZs and the corners (top & bottom) started peeling off within 3 weeks of use. 

Made a small black foil pouch (12cm x 20cm)  for my girlfriend back in April and will say that it acquires the patina depicted on the site quickly and easily. Peeling of the clear top-layer laminate follows soon after and that is when patina transitions into degradation, but remains superficial -- the weave beneath maintains its integrity very well. That said, the OG xpac still reigns supreme in my book; my 3A-9TS has seen travel to 8 countries and still looks and functions like the day I bought it. Really hope it makes a comeback.

4 minutes ago, robbatussin said:

Made a small black foil pouch (12cm x 20cm)  for my girlfriend back in April and will say that it acquires the patina depicted on the site quickly and easily. Peeling of the clear top-layer laminate follows soon after and that is when patina transitions into degradation, but remains superficial -- the weave beneath maintains its integrity very well. That said, the OG xpac still reigns supreme in my book; my 3A-9TS has seen travel to 8 countries and still looks and functions like the day I bought it. Really hope it makes a comeback.

doesn't xpac fray though?

21 minutes ago, 99103 said:

doesn't xpac fray though?

In case there is any confusion, the foils and the OG are all xpac. The foils are much more vulnerable to fraying once the weave is exposed after peeling, but I have yet to see any after daily use since April. Regarding the OG xpac, in my experience, it would take a substantial amount of abrasion and stress to get it to fray. It's an overall more resilient product against the elements as its purpose is more in line with performance sails/sailing, whereas the foils were developed for slightly different applications, ie. radar-reflective panels on life-rafts, etc.