Acronym.

Westbrook

10 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Anyone wash PB yet? It’s probably the usual thing where I'm being blind but don’t recall a care tag on my 63.

Haven't had to wash my 63 yet but my 62 probably could use a wash. The care tag instructions are harrowing (care tag on 63 hidden behind one of the holster pockets). Machine wash 40 degrees and apparently these beautiful and fragile garments are supposed to be tumble dried? Not even "Tumble dry low". Just straight "Tumble dry". My guess is that heat doesn't really mess with the fabric and my experience tells me that if you let water droplets air dry on the face fabric, little faint circular marks are left behind. At least that's been my experience after wearing it in rain. I'm assuming tumble drying it prevents those dried water marks.

inb4 just shake dry.

Will report back after I bite the bullet and wash one of these beauties.

Edited by Voyager

Ha! I was going to recommend wearing it in the rain and shaking it off.

I've never actually washed a Gore Tex jacket before, always just wiped em off with a damp rag. But those were all just shells, no liner like the 63. Good to know there are actual care instructions.

What are you doing to your jackets that they need a wash so soon?

4 hours ago, Cornuto said:

Ha! I was going to recommend wearing it in the rain and shaking it off.

I've never actually washed a Gore Tex jacket before, always just wiped em off with a damp rag. But those were all just shells, no liner like the 63. Good to know there are actual care instructions.

What are you doing to your jackets that they need a wash so soon?

you should wash your gore

P26 came in yesterday and I'll share my initial reactions to it.

This thing is more fun than functional. There is very little utility here. The exposed wide shiny zippers and elastic cuff are what this pant is all about and you're either on board or you're not. Not gonna lie, the pocket situation is abysmal. There are no back pockets. Strike one. The front pockets are actually usable until you realize that if there's something in them, the bulk in the pocket makes it difficult to access the phone pocket under the detached pocket flap. Strike two. In addition to the phone pocket woes, the exposed shiny metal zipper makes putting your hand in your pocket a dangerous activity if you're not too careful. The teeth of the zipper can be abrasive. Use caution. Strike three.

Despite the pants striking out as a utilitarian garment, I still love the way they look, fit, and feel. They are unexpectedly baggy and move quite well considering there's no articulation. I will be keeping them because I bought them for the shiny zippers and not for their utility.

3 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Really like em too. Didnt notice any weird looks yet. Not sure if i just put on a load of weight but seem tighter round the waist than other acronym pants.

I tried on a pair in S expecting that they wouldn't fit at all, but actually they weren't terribly loose, so I think these are definitely a bit smaller in the waist than advertised (P16s in S are the only Acronym pants I've tried that actually fit).  They looked much baggier than in the official product photos on me, but were fairly comfortable -- they felt more like joggers with those elastic cuffs and minimal pockets than a "military trouser" to me.

14 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

J55-MP: two holster and two front waist pockets, both detached entry 5mm reverse coil zips with autolocking sliders

both as in holster & front pockets with zips, right? Good to know.

i like dropping my phone/wallet into them on my Sage when commuting, but feel a bit uneasy since they're sans zipper and taking the sweater off becomes something you have to do rather consciously.

Even though I'm of somewhat similar build/height I wear an XL LA5 (which makes it look less 'smart' but still not ridiculously loose), since it's got those tight armholes. I love it for the collar, zip & material combo but wouldn't mind a zippered pocket somewhere.

Edited by hjpx
changed question to assumption, added words

20 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

P24A-S:

This fits slightly oversized. If you have a mesomorphic/endomorpohic body type, you shouldn't have to size down on these. Let me rephrase, unless you're a smollboye, I don't think you should size down on these. This assessment is purely aesthetic but if you're ectomorphic/built like slenderman, don't wear BDU style pants, it only makes you look even more frail. The waist isn't the issue as much as the intended articulation, if you're sizing down the articulation doesn't look like it'll work as intended (like the P20-S). As a quick recap on features: stotz etaproof construction (functionally waterproof if not certified waterproof); ykk locking fly zipper; press stud main closure; 12 pockets, slant pockets count as four, two detached cargo with ykk reverse coil 5mm zips with autolocking sliders, two raid pockets with press button closure, two back pockets, and two welt phone pockets; reinforced knee and thigh; articulation, that nice nylon seam detail on the inside cuff.

These are your pants if you have a lot of small stuff to carry without a bag. They work well but the pockets have a lot less volume than they appear—especially with the detached entry cargos. For volume reference, I can put a pair of gloves in one side and maybe a hat in the other without the pockets being overladen or bulky. Also, they can fit an ipad mini but not a nintendo switch (s/o Alyxbot). I actually have no idea what really can go into the raid pockets conveniently other than a wallet since the size is so square—Minidisks? Altoids? Ritter Sport chocolate? While these pants seem like the evolution of the P3, I think they're closer functionally to the recent SI:SP combat cargo but they're quite weird since I think they're more aesthetically capable than substantively capable. The placement hampers the use. I think the 16A has the best cargo location hands down, literally hands down the side access without bending over. Back to the 24A, the articulation on these pants seems like an angular iteration of the P16 pattern, effectively. I feel like they achieve the same feel with the severe taper from the knee downward. As to BDU vs BDU, I think the SI:SP combat cargo does utilitarian side of the fashion BDU better than the P24A but I find the P24A to look much better.

FWIW at 5'7" I think I could have sized down to a small and still had the knee articulation work fine, in a M i have to hoist them up but then we knew it was a higher-waisted pattern than most people are used to these days.

I find the raid pockets most useful for keys. They also fit a pack of cigarettes, should one smoke. Love both of my pairs, wish I also had the stotz in black.