Acronym.

Westbrook

Anybody ever linked their bank account to PayPal and pay through the ACR site that way? I have more than enough sufficient funds yet Acronym sent me a cancellation email but the charge already showed up on my PayPal account (I suspect the actual debiting of the bank account will occur within the next 2 business days). Never had this happen before and of course, no response from their e-mail either.

Edited by coldknife

8 minutes ago, coldknife said:

Anybody ever linked their bank account to PayPal and pay through the ACR site that way? I have more than enough sufficient funds yet Acronym sent me a cancellation email but the charge already showed up on my PayPal account (I suspect the actual debiting of the bank account will occur within the next 2 business days). Never had this happen before and of course, no response from their e-mail either.

Ive never understood this (i do it the same way) but people talk of needing to put the balance in paypal first for more success...At what point does the cancellation come - after the payment confirmation?

8 minutes ago, coldknife said:

The cancellation email might be because you didn't finish the PayPal checkout the first time. Did you hit place order more than once?

1 minute ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Ive never understood this (i do it the same way) but people talk of needing to put the balance in paypal first for more success...At what point does the cancellation come - after the payment confirmation?

Yeah, really strange - it came about 30 mins after payment confirmation.

1 minute ago, Jun.H said:

The cancellation email might be because you didn't finish the PayPal checkout the first time. Did you hit place order more than once?

I definitely didn't - I even got the payment confirmation e-mail. Not too sure what's going on.

I have contemplated buying some items off the site but changed my mind right at PayPal checkout. I've received an email 30 minutes after, too:

"Dear ____,
we regret to inform you that your pending order with the ACRONYM® online shop has been cancelled since the payment process was not successfully completed."

I suspect this is why some items ocassionally appear in stock again - people not completing the checkout process. If you got an order confirmation you should be good, I think.

1 minute ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Doesnt the order confimation normally come in within seconds though? It sounds as if they can still cancel it after that...

Order and payment confirmation emails are separate... I used to get payment confirmation a couple hours after order confirmation but today it was instant

8 minutes ago, Jun.H said:

I have contemplated buying some items off the site but changed my mind right at PayPal checkout. I've received an email 30 minutes after, too:

"Dear ____,
we regret to inform you that your pending order with the ACRONYM® online shop has been cancelled since the payment process was not successfully completed."

I suspect this is why some items ocassionally appear in stock again - people not completing the checkout process. If you got an order confirmation you should be good, I think.

That might be it - I was checking the prices of different items in CAD and didn't actually pay for any of them. Sorta relieved, I guess!

25 minutes ago, linathebear said:

Has anyone ever canceled an order from Acronym? I got the J56-s  at the most recent drop but I want to cancel the order. I've emailed them twice but no reply so far.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Edited by chris_n
see below

18 minutes ago, linathebear said:

Has anyone ever canceled an order from Acronym? I got the J56-s  at the most recent drop but I want to cancel the order. I've emailed them twice but no reply so far.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but buying any Acronym product is akin to joining the Freemasons so no refunds.

It's over for you. Once you're in, you can't get out.

8 minutes ago, linathebear said:

I was just wondering if anyone had any previous experience. Someone told me I had to email and cancel before the payment was confirmed or else it would be impossible so I thought I needed to rush. 

The remorse will dissipate once you give in.  Just let it happen.  Don't struggle.

19 minutes ago, chunglove said:

where was the ng4? makes no sense to be in the video otherwise

This is just how it goes, unfortunately. How many J64TS-S jackets were sold? Quite a few. How many modulars were released to go with those? Zero. They frequently tease future accessories, which is both exciting and frustrating. Mostly frustrating though.

I may be in the minority, but I’m not exactly thrilled with this season. Tons of jackets, but no actual new designs other than the two new liners. And the liners weren’t my cup of tea. The flagship GT and S jackets were all rehashed designs.

I’m more impressed with the pant releases this season, which were also mostly rehashed designs besides the polarizing P26 and the P23A to some extent.

Maybe taking SS18 off from garments and doing a “bag & modular” season is just the thing E needs to get some fresh new designs cooking.

15 minutes ago, msoldano said:

What do you guys think of the newly announced LF AF1? I honestly have never been an Air Force guy because of the midsole... and I'm still not. LOL

lf1.jpeg

I like it. im a big fan of my lunar forces. this is obviously VERY safe and really isnt that interesting but i like it. Probably going to get hyped up and get re-sold :/

It's like a neutered version of the original, whose appeal was it's jarring contrast and frankenstein approach to design.

Would like to know if, beyond the pattern if ACRNM had much of a hand in the colour (or lack of) decision on dispaly or if it was more a 'corporate thing'?

This is high street sanitization.

7 minutes ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

It's like a neutered version of the original, whose appeal was it's jarring contrast and frankenstein approach to design.

Would like to know if, beyond the pattern if ACRNM had much of a hand in the colour (or lack of) decision on dispaly or if it was more a 'corporate thing'?

Quote from Senior Creative Director Nike Sportswear’s Lead Designer, Al Baik:

“There is no other shoe that connects to sport, music, fashion, art, the street and the city all at the same time. The most ubiquitous Air Force 1 is the white-white. For the 35th anniversary, we selected collaborators who are impacting future generations across culture. Their brief was filtered through the white-white lens. The design brief was to remain classic and recognizable to the Air Force 1 while connecting to each collaborator’s life personally and the fields they represent.”

28 minutes ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

Seems like it's just nike doing what nike wants and E is like "Sure... slap my name on a really plain looking shoe"

Edited by StolenBread

8 minutes ago, sportello said:

Has it been confirmed somewhere that they're doing just the bags and modulars? 

I don’t think it’s been confirmed yet, but I’m all for it if it means FW18 will be filled with fresh designs.

Plus I’m assuming everyone’s wallet needs a break.

Then again I doubt a season devoted to bags and modulars will give wallets a break.

that af is a big bummer. sanitized indeed. and watch the mainstream eat it up and call it "triple white" regardless of what the colorway is called.

in other news, retailer drop 2 is confirmed for thursday the 26th. bodega confirmed for me on live chat they'll have J61-gt, and will not be getting the ng7-ps