Acronym.

Westbrook

2 hours ago, Yoshiii said:

Could anyone give me any info / input on the sizing of the J46U-WS? I'm 6ft2 (187cm) and wear a M in the J1A-GT, it is slim / snug but the L was just too big for me. M in the J56-GT also fits me well. I'm often between sizes in most pieces so stuck between going for M or L in this. If anyone has both the J46U and the J1A it'd be great to hear from you.

I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. I don't know if I can say it was an amazing film but I thought it was really well done and a worthy sequel to the original. There's plenty still to explore in the BR world, they could quite easily make another film. It's a shame the GITS live action wasn't executed this well. 

I did really like the jacket K / Gosling was wearing. I need want one. It reminded me of the old Lang Astro jackets. Not sure if anyone is aware of this but it isn't actually made of leather as much as it looks like it. Interestingly, I believe it's made out of a laminated waxed cotton.

Hard medium. 

15 hours ago, nodre said:

blade runner stuff

I too was pretty impressed by both the visual and narrative continuity. I brought my gf along, who went in completely blind, and she too enjoyed the movie. Now I'm trying really hard to dress her like Joi. That simple black outfit she was wearing throughout the movie was beautifully subtle yet enough to give me a cyber thot hard-on. LOL

Rumor mills, Denis is set to direct the Dune reboot, which I'm stoked for after seeing BR 2049. (I highly recommend all his previous films, if you haven't already seen them.) I've always thought of the stillsuit-WHERE MY DUNE FANS AT?-as the perfect antithesis to ACR jackets. One conserves water while the latter repels it. And both come it black.  

2 hours ago, Yoshiii said:

I did really like the jacket K / Gosling was wearing. I need want one. It reminded me of the old Lang Astro jackets. Not sure if anyone is aware of this but it isn't actually made of leather as much as it looks like it. Interestingly, I believe it's made out of a laminated waxed cotton.

I literally went out and bought a NikeLab parka after seeing the movie. haha Honestly though, the coat just goes too hard in the paint here in SoCal. I vaguely remember reading in an interview that they actually layered the cotton with black paint repeatedly to give it that weathered look.

19 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

Hard medium. 

Carl again with the answers. Thanks, appreciate it.

I was convinced I wanted the J46U but having looked at pictures of the J62-S, I'm torn again.  

They both do the same job for me and are both very nice jackets. As someone who doesn't have too much experience with Stotz I may be wrong so feel free to correct me. One of my concerns with the J62-S is how it'll age, I'm assuming as it's Stotz it will fade with wear. Which will ruin the clean look for me, the reason I'm buying the jacket. However, the J62 will be slightly heavier and has the option of a hood. It also looks more structured than the J46U which could be more flattering when worn smart. Kind of talking to myself here.

Decisions, decisions. Time to sit down and stare at pictures of both.

8 minutes ago, Yoshiii said:

Carl again with the answers. Thanks, appreciate it.

I was convinced I wanted the J46U but having looked at pictures of the J62-S, I'm torn again.  

They both do the same job for me and are both very nice jackets. As someone who doesn't have too much experience with Stotz I may be wrong so feel free to correct me. One of my concerns with the J62-S is how it'll age, I'm assuming as it's Stotz it will fade with wear. Which will ruin the clean look for me, the reason I'm buying the jacket. However, the J62 will be slightly heavier and has the option of a hood. It also looks more structured than the J46U which could be more flattering when worn smart. Kind of talking to myself here.

Decisions, decisions. Time to sit down and stare at pictures of both.

I hear you - ive got the 46U and hope to get the 62-S but im actually hoping for the look where the stotz trashes and fades over time on that style. To me thats the potential appeal there!

16 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Has anyone else found that when they go true to size with acronym the garment is usually a little tight across the chest? This has been my experience. I wonder if sizing up would be my only recourse, or if it’s something special about the fit that I’m missing (the rest of the jacket usually feels fine).

It depends on heavily the specific models and style.

These models are def tight as fxxk across the chest from my experience, hope could help.

J29-s,first gen gt-j16,hy-j3s,ss-j1a(yeah it’s prototype but the m one is crazy tight),j38-s(its basicly the longer version j29,so its normal right as usual.

On 20 October 2017 at 11:54 PM, CountZatara said:

I too was pretty impressed by both the visual and narrative continuity. I brought my gf along, who went in completely blind, and she too enjoyed the movie. Now I'm trying really hard to dress her like Joi. That simple black outfit she was wearing throughout the movie was beautifully subtle yet enough to give me a cyber thot hard-on. LOL

Rumor mills, Denis is set to direct the Dune reboot, which I'm stoked for after seeing BR 2049. (I highly recommend all his previous films, if you haven't already seen them.) I've always thought of the stillsuit-WHERE MY DUNE FANS AT?-as the perfect antithesis to ACR jackets. One conserves water while the latter repels it. And both come it black.  

I literally went out and bought a NikeLab parka after seeing the movie. haha Honestly though, the coat just goes too hard in the paint here in SoCal. I vaguely remember reading in an interview that they actually layered the cotton with black paint repeatedly to give it that weathered look.

Yes yes yes Dune! I can't wait to see how it will be done by Villeneuve. It sounds confirmed to go ahead.

On 17/10/2017 at 11:28 PM, Flipflop214 said:

I’m curious to see that upcoming nike collab, looks like crap tbh.  Looks like they just Frankensteined shuz together and called it a day.  Would love to see ACRNMs take on the footscape. 

i still think the original lunar force collab is the best one. The thing with the downtowns and the prestos is they're too acr. It's why all those instagram fits look corny: they're uniform, too homogenically acronym. The original lunar forces offered a counterpoint, an aesthetic balance to all the olive and buckles.

i mean, i would love an erlsn take on the SFB boot, but i wouldn't wear it with any other acr stuff. it'd be gratuitous.

On 10/21/2017 at 12:23 PM, RemarkableArmor said:

I hear you - ive got the 46U and hope to get the 62-S but im actually hoping for the look where the stotz trashes and fades over time on that style. To me thats the potential appeal there!

That'd be ideal. I can imagine once worn in and when the patina starts to develop it'll look really good. 

Sadly, I have to choose just one and I want a nice clean look when worn with tailoring. I guess the J46U is the one for me. BUT the J62-S is just so nice.

1 minute ago, eidolarr said:

What makes you say this? I was there when they opened and he said they hadn't gotten anything new. They do have a J46U-WS in S though, surprisingly.

I just opened up all the vendor's websites that held stock historically (from the vendor thread). there might be some stock left on other websites, last time i checked peggs and sons had the j56-s online.