Acronym.

Westbrook

On 10/10/2017 at 9:00 PM, X.bee said:

Would anyone here have experience emailing Acronym aside from their shop email? I'm wondering if it's in the realm of possibility to order a 3rdArm patch replacement.

I emailed them in August this year when my pull tab fell off for my 3a-1.  Someone by the name of Florian responded and shipped me a new pull tab so its worth a shot!

On 10/10/2017 at 9:00 PM, X.bee said:

Would anyone here have experience emailing Acronym aside from their shop email? I'm wondering if it's in the realm of possibility to order a 3rdArm patch replacement.

my j28-gt didn't come with a logo tape. i hit up their shop email and they responded to confirm my mailing address to send me a replacement

Work for Nike: It is indeed for real, as the three were assigned style numbers and official Nike colorings. Haven't seen them though, was hoping for a low ):

I saw someone in SoHo actually wearing the Vapormax 2 a few months back. He told me that he used to be a big sneaker blogger and Nike has been sending him stuff ever since, including the white masters. They were all black with a clear vapormax sole (no changes to the sole). The only changes I saw were the swoosh. Externally there was a small swoosh on the heel, just like the small swoosh solid color flyknit lunar HTM's. The only swoosh on the inside again was a mini swoosh but placed right where your big toe begins. Pretty subtle design overall.

I’m curious to see that upcoming nike collab, looks like crap tbh.  Looks like they just Frankensteined shuz together and called it a day.  Would love to see ACRNMs take on the footscape. 

Edited by Flipflop214
Spelling

4 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

yes.

thank you

3 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Said it before and it's obviously all subjective...my J28s are pretty big and boxy on me but they look the same as the product shots did (less so the new ones of Ian)...the jacket is supposed to look that way if you ask me! 

you bought them tts i assume? ya sort of how i feel but if it's nothing like rigid gt,  feel like more fitted is the way to go. thank you

5 hours ago, nodre said:

thank you

you bought them tts i assume? ya sort of how i feel but if it's nothing like rigid gt,  feel like more fitted is the way to go. thank you

Sorry yes went TTS in the GT, E and K, although i got rid of the latter. If you didnt try the K in person yet it feels like it’s made out of toilet paper so that one and the Epic drape quite nicely with the looser fit whereas the GT rigidity emphasises it more as you note. I would say just be a little bit careful as the majority of the bagginess is in the arms etc so it may end up feeling too tight in the body, although i havent measured it up in detail. Good luck!

just wanted to say,

i watched blade runner when i was 7 with my dad. it's his favorite movie. it was a mature noir film with a lot of depth that mostly went over my head. however the spectacle of the movie was enough for me to understand the vision.

i'm not sure there has personally been a movie with more hype to live up to. it exposed me to a dense tech laden street aesthetic that i would never have known otherwise. this was in the infancy of the internet, so access to anything as most of us know was limited. even day to day nowadays with one OS update or perhaps even just an added feature to an app, the world changes. with tech so relevant and so accessible, we all know the pace of things is only increasing, ergo the bar is quite a bit higher now.

i saw blade runner 2049 with my dad today, 20 years after seeing the original. i'd be interested to see other's thoughts. but all i can say is i was expecting a cheap sort of reboot, uninspired and heavily ripping off all of the things ridley scott put out there. in some ways it did perhaps do that, but i was extremely impressed with this movie. based on how low my expectation was, there were endless rich details to this. homage's to the original, discreetly and tastefully slipped in. no overtly obvious references to clue in the sheep. 

anyways, i feel like the orignial blade runner was a huge influence on my perception of the dense urban world and functional style of the a perhaps inevitably dysfunctional future. acronym was such a treat when i became privy to. this movie has some really beautiful costumes. loved K's filthy matted shearling trench with the exaggerated collar. Lt. Joshi had some beautiful black women's wear from active to borderline cocktail. 

i highly recommend you see this movie. it was dark, gritty, and beautiful. felt/looked expensive. sfx/vfx were phenomenal. 

go see this movie and share your thoughts! i think it's very relevant to this thread, for me at least.

apologies if this isn't relevant for you, just thought i'd share. it was very difficult for me not to think of acr the whole time i was watching.

cheers

Edited by nodre

The original film was indeed very inspiring. 

Errolson's admiration for Blade Runner is well known, even other techwear designers like Conroy Nachtigall (formerly of Veilance) cited the movie as their inspiration.

1 hour ago, nodre said:

just wanted to say,

i watched blade runner when i was 7 with my dad. it's his favorite movie. it was a mature noir film with a lot of depth that mostly went over my head. however the spectacle of the movie was enough for me to understand the vision.

i'm not sure there has personally been a movie with more hype to live up to. it exposed me to a dense tech laden street aesthetic that i would never have known otherwise. this was in the infancy of the internet, so access to anything as most of us know was limited. even day to day nowadays with one OS update or perhaps even just an added feature to an app, the world changes. with tech so relevant and so accessible, we all know the pace of things is only increasing, ergo the bar is quite a bit higher now.

i saw blade runner 2049 with my dad today, 20 years after seeing the original. i'd be interested to see other's thoughts. but all i can say is i was expecting a cheap sort of reboot, uninspired and heavily ripping off all of the things ridley scott put out there. in some ways it did perhaps do that, but i was extremely impressed with this movie. based on how low my expectation was, there were endless rich details to this. homage's to the original, discreetly and tastefully slipped in. no overtly obvious references to clue in the sheep. 

anyways, i feel like the orignial blade runner was a huge influence on my perception of the dense urban world and functional style of the a perhaps inevitably dysfunctional future. acronym was such a treat when i became privy to. this movie has some really beautiful costumes. loved K's filthy matted shearling trench with the exaggerated collar. Lt. Joshi had some beautiful black women's wear from active to borderline cocktail. 

i highly recommend you see this movie. it was dark, gritty, and beautiful. felt/looked expensive. sfx/vfx were phenomenal. 

go see this movie and share your thoughts! i think it's very relevant to this thread, for me at least.

apologies if this isn't relevant for you, just thought i'd share. it was very difficult for me not to think of acr the whole time i was watching.

cheers

It feels very stone island shadow project more than acronym in aesthetic.

3 hours ago, nodre said:

just wanted to say,

cheers

I had the same sense as you, I thought it was very well done although it's not doing so well at the box office.  Can't help but wonder if it would have been better with ACR designs!

Could anyone give me any info / input on the sizing of the J46U-WS? I'm 6ft2 (187cm) and wear a M in the J1A-GT, it is slim / snug but the L was just too big for me. M in the J56-GT also fits me well. I'm often between sizes in most pieces so stuck between going for M or L in this. If anyone has both the J46U and the J1A it'd be great to hear from you.

12 hours ago, nodre said:

Blade runner stuff

I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. I don't know if I can say it was an amazing film but I thought it was really well done and a worthy sequel to the original. There's plenty still to explore in the BR world, they could quite easily make another film. It's a shame the GITS live action wasn't executed this well. 

I did really like the jacket K / Gosling was wearing. I need want one. It reminded me of the old Lang Astro jackets. Not sure if anyone is aware of this but it isn't actually made of leather as much as it looks like it. Interestingly, I believe it's made out of a laminated waxed cotton.