Acronym.

Westbrook

3 hours ago, Voyager said:

You could try just 6203.42.0000 or 6203.42.0300. I'm just guessing here. @CARLOOA may need to chime in with his expertise.

I may be way off but I was thinking of using 6203.43.11.  Not sure if it firs the bill.

7 hours ago, Voyager said:

I placed three orders on drop day for three separate items (P25H, SM1, J28).

I’ve gotten tracking numbers for two of the three items. I’m assuming it’s the two items I won’t need to pay duties for since they are both out of customs without issue and are on a truck to be delivered today (woo hoo!).

Past four drops it’s been like this for me. Items that require duties required more paperwork on the exporter’s end and they are slow with it. Sometimes takes up to 5 business days. Be patient.

This is concordant with the response I received from ACR this morning asking the same question -- specifically they told me anything above EUR 1000 has additional customs processing that takes "a few days".  Was happy in any case to receive one of my items this afternoon that shipped quickly after the 20th :)

On 9/23/2017 at 10:48 PM, moneyless said:

Received some items from 17FW and honesty I'm a bit disappointed and here are my personal feelings:

J28-GT: I have the old version and wanted to checkout he new one. Was hoping for a slimmer fit from pictures and previous speculations. The fit is the same as far as I can tell, but missing details like elbow tab logo (I know that's long gone), hood drawstring that shows up when stored (one of my favorite little gimmick), and I'm not a fan of the grosgrain sleeve velcro either...

J58-WS: also have the old version but need extra insulators for all the shells lol, nothing noticeable that justifies the price hike imo, let along some production defect I heard.

J64TS-S: have high expectation on this as they look good in the fit pics, but the sleeves look bulky around zip area for me. I'm also expecting the smaller (5mm?) zip for that, but it is big and not comfortable when wearing.

P23-S: I have to say CH and DS look nicer and drape better on these wide fitting pants...

for the j28, what do you mean grosgrain sleeve velcro. what is it on the old version?

12 minutes ago, chunglove said:

S/O to @Voyager, @CARLOOA, & Co. for the import charge guide. Got my J58-WS duties knocked down from 290.XX to 77.XX by contacting Billy Fee at [email protected] or 803-502-6705. The code worked like a charm. Took 5 mins tops. Thanks guys!!!

I don't mind if you don't tip me or @Voyager at our bitcoin wallets but if you saved some money on the duties y'all should donate money to UNICEF we gave you that guide for freesies—pay it forward. Do some good while getting garmz!

Edited by CARLOOA

On 25/09/2017 at 9:34 AM, GFNS said:

Thanks for the belt hack.  Left side stays tight but the right is loosey goosey.  After this, everything stays in place.

Okay so I’ve just gotten my p25h and mucked around with it a little. 

Here’s what I’ve found - if you’re having issues with the “self-loosening”, try to push the excess fabric as close to the buckles as possible when tightening. This should prevent any loosening (I’ve tried jumping around and doing high kicks and my pants haven’t fallen off).

Assuming the same trick should work with p23a as it’s the same system. 

Hope this helps.

PFA

B8AF7170-D8B2-426B-B4BA-9BD76755C025.jpeg

10 hours ago, chunglove said:

S/O to @Voyager, @CARLOOA, & Co. for the import charge guide. Got my J58-WS duties knocked down from 290.XX to 77.XX by contacting Billy Fee at [email protected] or 803-502-6705. The code worked like a charm. Took 5 mins tops. Thanks guys!!!

very appropriate name for that dude

2 hours ago, lxkhor said:

Okay so I’ve just gotten my p25h and mucked around with it a little. 

Here’s what I’ve found - if you’re having issues with the “self-loosening”, try to push the excess fabric as close to the buckles as possible when tightening. This should prevent any loosening (I’ve tried jumping around and doing high kicks and my pants haven’t fallen off).

Assuming the same trick should work with p23a as it’s the same system. 

Hope this helps.

PFA

B8AF7170-D8B2-426B-B4BA-9BD76755C025.jpeg

Copy that, the bunching works too!!

just got the j28 and the j16 today; a few immediate thoughts:

j28: as was mentioned to me, the arms on the jacket are pretty wide/big while the shoulder/body fit how a medium generally fits. i haven't layered my j58 underneath it, but generally, i think i can overlook how they cut the arms on the jacket. the high neck stowaway hood is a nice touch. as with most acronym, i really like the amount of pockets on the jacket; one of which has a multi-level pocket similar to the j47a

j16: cut is nice and doesn't suffer the same issue as the j28 with the arms. the silhouette is nice though can look a bit top heavy with the velcro shoulder pads, which i still don't understand the use case for them. the other thing missing is interops, not sure why it wasn't included. 

i've come to realize that one of my favorite acronym details is the neck button, which i use religiously on my other jackets without having to zip up.

all in all, they're nice jackets that i'll keep, but not as good as the j47a and j43a, which are my favorites that i own.

Edited by ddohnggo

1 hour ago, ddohnggo said:

j16: cut is nice and doesn't suffer the same issue as the j28 with the arms. the silhouette is nice though can look a bit top heavy with the velcro shoulder pads, which i still don't understand the use case for them. the other thing missing is interops, not sure why it wasn't included. 

From ACR's description the J16 is "the Acronym response to the original PCU Level 5 jacket" which is a purely military garb.  As such, it makes sense it would have velcro pads to allow for identification/morale patches since the original PCU jacket (and 99% of all mil garb) has them.

Edited by piece keeper

On 9/23/2017 at 7:48 PM, moneyless said:

Received some items from 17FW and honesty I'm a bit disappointed and here are my personal feelings:

J28-GT: I have the old version and wanted to checkout he new one. Was hoping for a slimmer fit from pictures and previous speculations. The fit is the same as far as I can tell, but missing details like elbow tab logo (I know that's long gone), hood drawstring that shows up when stored (one of my favorite little gimmick), and I'm not a fan of the grosgrain sleeve velcro either...

J58-WS: also have the old version but need extra insulators for all the shells lol, nothing noticeable that justifies the price hike imo, let along some production defect I heard.

J64TS-S: have high expectation on this as they look good in the fit pics, but the sleeves look bulky around zip area for me. I'm also expecting the smaller (5mm?) zip for that, but it is big and not comfortable when wearing.

P23-S: I have to say CH and DS look nicer and drape better on these wide fitting pants...

What changed on the J58 from season to season? I have the first edition.

43 minutes ago, moneyless said:

They are basically the same, elastic hem is tiny bit different, wash tag position changed, that's all I can tell...

Ok so J58 gets a slightly different elastic and the wash tag moves and we get a Gen 1.1

Meanwhile J56 gets a visibly different button system yet remains Gen 1

Hmmmm

11 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I would agree except J62 gets a Gen 1.1, as does S14-AM.

62 has the hood now... arguably bigger change than the front fasteners on the 56 as it's a new feature of the garment, but yeah, I don't know if the version numbers / naming conventions are always consistent.