Acronym.

Westbrook

46 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

they could always do the instore drop first then release whatever stock is leftover online like darkside. would please the people who spent their time to go down to the store worth while although stock might not remain for online :D

I agree. With the multitude of easy to use and totally simple plug in POS/Inventory Management solutions out there these days, it's silly to think they might take a pair out of your hands because someone just bought it online.

So easy to put stock as in store and then just shift it to online say 2-3 hours after opening.

12 minutes ago, Cairxoxo said:

I agree. With the multitude of easy to use and totally simple plug in POS/Inventory Management solutions out there these days, it's silly to think they might take a pair out of your hands because someone just bought it online.

So easy to put stock as in store and then just shift it to online say 2-3 hours after opening.

Easy logistically, but may present business problems.  If it's a coordinated worldwide launch like ACR, your shop is basically competing with all other retailers to sell the product, and every second you delay is a second your competition gets a leg up.  Maybe not so much an issue these days with hype as it is, but in days past when ACR was still niche there weren't too many people looking for this product, or willing to pay for it (actually I guess this can still hold true for less hyped items in the releases).  So delaying online launches can sometimes backfire as the in-store crowd might not bite for whatever reason, and then the ones that would've elsewhere in the world have already purchased elsewhere.  Now you're stuck with a $1000+ item no one will buy, and you still have to pay ACR for it.  That said, I'm all for supporting local shops!  

1 minute ago, piece keeper said:

Easy logistically, but may present business problems.  If it's a coordinated worldwide launch like ACR, your shop is basically competing with all other retailers to sell the product, and every second you delay is a second your competition gets a leg up.  Maybe not so much an issue these days with hype as it is, but in days past when ACR was still niche there weren't too many people looking for this product, or willing to pay for it (actually I guess this can still hold true for less hyped items in the releases).  So delaying online launches can sometimes backfire as the in-store crowd might not bite for whatever reason, and then the ones that would've elsewhere in the world have already purchased elsewhere.  Now you're stuck with a $1000+ item no one will buy, and you still have to pay ACR for it.  That said, I'm all for supporting local shops!  

Absolutely - but as you highlighted not so much of a concern at present. Pretty much everywhere that stocked this season is sold out in everything. 

36 minutes ago, Cairxoxo said:

To be clear, the good folks at Hotoveli gave em to me and canceled the conflicting online order.

46 minutes ago, Cairxoxo said:

Both my beanie and gaiter are 100% cashllama. Really nice fabric, super warm and comfy. I personally don't find it at all scratchy either like some other wool.

Did you ever read the tag? It says it's a "self cleaning" material. Curious about that.

On 9/21/2017 at 8:18 AM, vir2L said:

US ΛCROИYM® FW-1718

Man, looking at this, makes you realize just how small scale Acronym is.

Pretty sure E's take home from Acronym is very minimal.  Looking at the complexity of product, COGS, logistics cost/qty, I can somewhat understand the pricing.  

Edited by leg

10 minutes ago, shieldsy said:

Pretty sure E's take home from Acronym is very minimal.  Looking at the complexity of product, COGS, logistics cost/qty, I can somewhat understand the pricing.  

"Pay me in J28s."

1 hour ago, Cairxoxo said:

Both my beanie and gaiter are 100% cashllama. Really nice fabric, super warm and comfy. I personally don't find it at all scratchy either like some other wool.

I second this. I have both the beanie and gaiter from last AW. Only issue I have is with the gaiter not bouncing back after repeatedly being stretched putting it on and taking it off. It’s a great fabric. Soft, comfy and warm.

45 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

Did you ever read the tag? It says it's a "self cleaning" material. Curious about that.

Yea the instructions are this exactly:

Hand wash 30 degrees. Do not wring. Do not use bleach. Do not use dryer. Iron at medium temperature. Professional dry cleaning.

Washing is not always necessary. Llama wool is a self-cleaning fiber and requires less washing than other materials.

FWIW I haven't washed them at all yet, and wore them a lot over this winter just been (southern hemisphere).

13 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I second this. I have both the beanie and gaiter from last AW. Only issue I have is with the gaiter not bouncing back after repeatedly being stretched putting it on and taking it off. It’s a great fabric. Soft, comfy and warm.

Yep, exact same two pieces I have. Haven't personally noticed much stretch in the gaiter yet but I'll keep an eye out. Super, super happy with them both though.

1 hour ago, shieldsy said:

What's your definition of minimal. Between Acronym, Nike ACG, and SISP, I'm sure hes doing pretty well for himself.

3 minutes ago, chris_n said:

sum1 talk 2 me bout the built in tightening mechanism of the p23a and p25h lollllllllll

best feature: self loosens while you're walking down the street

Yea, letting the straps hang must be for photos only.  Tying them is a must.  You pretty much pull your pants down reaching into your pockets, at least on the 23a.

25 minutes ago, chris_n said:

sum1 talk 2 me bout the built in tightening mechanism of the p23a and p25h lollllllllll

best feature: self loosens while you're walking down the street

You are totally right, i tried on P23A Size Small, it loosen immediately when i take my first step. I am 29-30 inch waist. Without tightening, the waist of P23A is more than 40

1 hour ago, bboysparrow said:

What's your definition of minimal. Between Acronym, Nike ACG, and SISP, I'm sure hes doing pretty well for himself.

acr's design and production methodology have not measurably changed since the early days but their prices have more than doubled. the take home is going to be good.

not a judgment, just good business.

8 hours ago, lesteel said:

Am I the only one being shocked that firmament did not stock this season? You know The Glade era etc. They did not respond to me about this on fb. Any info?

ACR dropped them like a few other retailers - no further or a detailed comment was given to them.