Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, dscent said:

Thanks for sharing.. Interesting to see that not many retailers stock XL. Was camping Notre for the drop, I guess I should have multiple windows open.

Pretty sure that someone with a size above 190cm and a weight of 90 to 100 kg is asking for XL.

56 minutes ago, Jun.H said:

Good stuff. I'm assuming you have a Shopify monitor set up? 

I used to before Shopify changed their API limit for traffic/timing out. You can see my old posts from last season. To bypass that, you'd need to rent servers/proxies, which is why the group I wanted to create never came to fruition.

Now I just coded a script that parses variants from these stockists at 1 hour intervals so it detects loading time and out of stock time.

Seeing those stock levels really makes you realise just how few pieces Acrnm actually makes each season. I think we imagine there are hundreds out there of each design and i don't think that's the case at all. No wonder the drops are getting so frantic and the prices are hiking so hard.

They are indeed a very small company with a very large rep, amazing really, you can see why Nike wanted Mr H on board and THAT name associated with their product but folk have to remember that there are two divisions, one being the design agency the other the clothing brand.

I blame Nike for the sudden silly levels of demented demand, kind of a symbiot that works in acrnms favour but not the consumer.

4 minutes ago, Dolphinski said:

Seeing those stock levels really makes you realise just how few pieces Acrnm actually makes each season. I think we imagine there are hundreds out there of each design and i don't think that's the case at all. No wonder the drops are getting so frantic and the prices are hiking so hard.

this making me thinking about of how much even got ordered/produced as they sell so quick at almost any price these days, why not more stock?, (not sure about the jp quantities) - acr took it to 2 drops for both seasons now, not sure if the facility is not able to actually produce more?

if you order 15x GT28 jackets - do you think it's a problem to sell these to your worldwide audience?

when I talked to Ian a few month ago he told me that they produced round about 50 pieces from the j63-pb (which is clearly a test piece). so lets estimate maybe 200-250 (WW) from no brainer products and maybe half of that for products which dont have the potential to sell immediatly. then you have accessoires which will have the smallest stock available.

the factory has problems to produce bigger quantities each season so thats the reason why they split this drop like the season last year

25 minutes ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

I blame Nike for the sudden silly levels of demented demand, kind of a symbiot that works in acrnms favour but not the consumer.

I think this is pretty spot on, especially with the prestos. Wasn't one of the major catalysts for Supreme their sneaker collaboration with Nike?

Obviously things are different now with how fast information travels, IG accounts such as acrhive, etc...where awareness builds faster thus leading to higher demand with limited supply. I imagine even without the increased demand, acrnm would have produced similar numbers of product either way. All speculation tho.

Separately, I think they've shown how to build a brand and a world that's particularly compelling and one of the reasons why I'm really into what they do.

Edited by ddohnggo

this totally make sense, as there are only 52x5 days AND less to get it all done in time! back in the days all was ready at on day, as due ACR market has changed they kind of need to adapt this and most likely/maybe the individuall subnet-mask order system on low quantities couldn't work as it did in the past

How can we do as normal user?

I was planning cutting all my ‘other brands’ clothing,shoes etc purchasing, and focusing on acr only and set the annual budget for around 5000 euro, which is already overkill for a hobby as as well basic needs say dressing.But the budget is like some joke for acr now days, a jacket, a pants, a gaiter, a bag(if you could grab on time) each year,you just spent all the money.

Or E may trying educating us consuming more rationally? Got no clue though.

Also I got rumors that this fw acg would be his last contract, and hopefully some more concentration back to his own brand and his long time supporters.

It's very simple - they can't produce more, so the only way to get more is to raise the prices - and people are ready to pay those prices. If not you, then someone else will get it, and E knows it - they worked hard to get there.

Also I don't know why they sell through retailers at this point. If they have only a certain amount of pieces, they would make more money selling them all directly through acrnm.com - and I guess that's what they figured for the next season. The stores aren't really creating any exposure for them that would help at this point.

Edited by nigel1

2 minutes ago, nigel1 said:

It's very simple - they can't produce more, so the only way to get more is to raise the prices - and people are ready to pay those prices. If not you, then someone else will get it, and E knows it - they worked hard to get there.

Also I don't know why they sell through retailers at this point. If they have only a certain amount of pieces, they would make more money selling them all directly through acrnm.com - and I guess that's what they figured for the next season. The stores aren't really creating any exposure for them that would help at this point.

maybe, not sure about the jp market?

I just picked up sewing as a hobby and let me tell you it ain't easy. When you look at the level of complexity and perfection* of each stitch in ACR pieces, the quantity produced makes sense.

*Lets hope they fixed the jersey cuff stitching issue this season on the p23s.

As I write this that is a j64ts m raf on the main site.

1 hour ago, Dolphinski said:

Lots of retailers had more stock, lots were backdoored. But overall there is still a very small amount of pieces received by every store.

I have recently noticed they changed the address of the czech production company, its still in sumperk but it's no longer right next to Tilak. This could mean they have smaller, but independent factory. That change occured in 2015 which kinda aligns with faster sellouts/lower production.

So there was this info going around (?) that there was less stock for this collection due to some changes in workplace law? What I never understood is if the department doing Acronym is exactly the same as the one doing the Tilak lines (EU/JPN/Military/Poutnik) or another department attached to that factory.

(daniis post above answer this somewhat)

But If there are less pieces of clothing in total, it would make sense that this would be one reason for the increased price. Also maybe my impression that pieces seem to be getting more complex construction wise plays into both as well. 

I wonder what they're going to do. Find a new factory in Europe? (is there one?) Keep raising prices while producing what is possible? Move production to Asia? I would feel a bit different about it all if they decided to stop producing in Europe. For a while at least, I guess...

I have 'no problem' with raising prices to arrive at a returns level that compensates for years of hard work or to get to the level you feel your work and time is worth (plus funds for future plans). But I refuse to believe that price increases happen because a certain someone feels like people are gonna pay it anyway.

Edited by hjpx
precision & timeline changed while I was struggling with putting thoughts into words

If you're from Japan, then you can order from acrnm.com - same as everyone. They don't need to care about a particular market, because if someone from there won't buy it, someone else will - they only have a limited amount of pieces.

The price increase is not based only because they feel people will pay it anyway - it's the only way to grow and earn more if you can't actually produce more.

7 hours ago, vir2L said:

J28-GT / Black / Stock: 2
S, L

Surprised haven went up without a med, probably got backdoored tbh

5 hours ago, vir2L said:

I used to before Shopify changed their API limit for traffic/timing out. You can see my old posts from last season. To bypass that, you'd need to rent servers/proxies, which is why the group I wanted to create never came to fruition.

Now I just coded a script that parses variants from these stockists at 1 hour intervals so it detects loading time and out of stock time.

I'm currently studying Computer Science and Engineering and this is pretty interesting to me, and would like to learn/work with you on this stuff if you don't mind!

I heard from a Ink shop employee during my last trip there, that before the day they launch the sale of SS17 acrnm, there is a long queue of people camping outside their door. When the shop open they came in and asked to buy the items (when the apparels were still in shipment boxes that just arrived apparently). Trying to be positive, but many of the hot items might be out of sizes by the time AW17 goes online on their site.

53 minutes ago, Cornuto said:

You mean what a retailer calls rewarding loyal customers?

You do realize that there are customers that patronize their local/favorite store more than twice a year? They spend money there, know the boss, the staff, sometimes stop in just to chat or check out whats new. You know, build a relationship.

So do you think that maybe, just maybe, said retailer might decide to hook that customer up first?

I would never belittle anyone here looking to save a few bucks on duties or markup. But insulting the hard working shop owners who risk their own capital because they know who helps them stay in business is petty and gets my ire up.

You don't have to explain to me what customer loyalty is, I have a local store which is visit myself and picked up a jacket due to that and I respect the store owners who allow people do the same. I was adding to the conversation cause people talked about numbers and amount of items produced and that retailers don't get as many of them and how hard it is to talk about numbers since a lot of stuff getting sold instore instead of online especially this drop.