Acronym.

Westbrook

12 minutes ago, donburi said:

Has anyone else noticed the new hood / collar design on the J28? Looks like there are flaps that come over the top of the collar from the inside outwards. In my opinion this is an enormous improvement on the previous jackets with stowable hoods (J1A-, J47-) which terminate in a curved lip (see second picture) which was one of the design details I always thought could use better execution. 

It additionally looks like the J28's hood is stowed under these new flaps as opposed to inside the collar itself, which again is significant because now the exterior DWR won't get sweated directly on by touching your neck.

Screen_Shot_2017-09-15_at_11_35.12_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-09-15_at_11_42.16_AM.png

This is how the GT-J28's collar was stowed.

Hey everyone,

I've noticed something weird on the left sleeve of my J1A-GT, it seems that the first layer of goretex is peeling away on a small area (or detached I don't know how to describe it).

is anybody knows how this could happen and how to fix it if it's possible?

IMG_2313.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

4 hours ago, donburi said:

Has anyone else noticed the new hood / collar design on the J28? Looks like there are flaps that come over the top of the collar from the inside outwards. In my opinion this is an enormous improvement on the previous jackets with stowable hoods (J1A-, J47-) which terminate in a curved lip (see second picture) which was one of the design details I always thought could use better execution. 

It additionally looks like the J28's hood is stowed under these new flaps as opposed to inside the collar itself, which again is significant because now the exterior DWR won't get sweated directly on by touching your neck.

Screen_Shot_2017-09-15_at_11_35.12_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-09-15_at_11_42.16_AM.png

I find that highly annoying when everytime I stoway the hood and it looks like the one on second pic. At first I thought it was the way how I tuck the hoody in.

11 hours ago, skycrawler said:

Does anyone know if the J58-WS as an inner layer will work well with the J47R-GT?

Obviously, the J47R doesn't have an AuxZip but layering wise, the two fit together incredibly well. The pattern on the J47 allows for significantly more movement than even some other jackets like the J1A-GT (which is AuxZip compatible). 

8 hours ago, ripley said:

n00b question here but does anyone know if any bags are dropping next week? I can't see them on the website and am assuming that means they are not dropping. 

Is only what says 'coming soon' on www.acrnym.com now dropping?

cheers

troll? cringing into the shadow realm

Edited by nodre

The 2 drops is just the original 17 items I posted a while back split over the 2 release times. No magical unicorns sadly...

For example, at least 2 retailers I know in JP/UK have said that NG7-PS is in the second drop next month.

As for bags, still the only news I heard was: 'Bags are coming around SS18'. Which, considering E's insta story uploads from Bagjack a week or so back lends credence to that being true.

Regarding P25-DS and P25H-DS despite the different terminologies/codes they are in essence identical:

P25-DS: HD Jersey - Made in CR

65% Polyamide 29% Polyamide Micro 6% Elastane (Schoeller 3XDRY Dryskin)

P25H-DS: Schoeller Dryskin - Made in Switzerland

65% Polyamide 26% Polyamide Micro 9% Elastane (Schoeller 3XDRY Dryskin)

6 hours ago, sportello said:

As in when SS18 would usually occur or there's been a minor miracle and a SS18 is coming?

Yep your right there - can confirm that. My source here says similar - 'I hear SS18 will not be with suppliers', but went on to say 'bags could make an appearance'.

So maybe, acrnm.com will offer something, but suppliers won't etc.

Edited by Danwise

The regular P23's look cleaner than the TS version imo. And I haven't really gotten much use out of the TS on my P10TS.  But I'm considering sizing down to an S from an M. Anyone here sized down on their P23's and how did it work out? I'm  180cm (5"11) 155lbs , and the waist on my p10ts is kinda large already. I'd really like to avoid having to order 2 pairs to try on. Any help is appreciated. 

Edited by TechwearEnthusiast

16 minutes ago, TechwearEnthusiast said:

Anyone here sized down on their P23's and how did it work out? I'm about 180cm, and the waist on my p10ts is kinda large already. I'd really like to avoid having to order 2 pairs to try on. Any help is appreciated. 

It would depend on your height.  I had a sz M p23 and they were a little too long for my liking, I had to wear it up to my belly button to make it look somewhat decent.  Plus, sz M was huge on me.. not flattering at all when you look like you're wearing adult diapers on some angles lol.  I sized down on the P23A hoping it'll fit better, I'm sure it will.  For reference I'm 5'8 160lbs

1 hour ago, Flipflop214 said:

It would depend on your height.  I had a sz M p23 and they were a little too long for my liking, I had to wear it up to my belly button to make it look somewhat decent.  Plus, sz M was huge on me.. not flattering at all when you look like you're wearing adult diapers on some angles lol.  I sized down on the P23A hoping it'll fit better, I'm sure it will.  For reference I'm 5'8 160lbs

I am the same exact height and weight lol I had to do the same thing. Had to cinch pretty tightly and tighten my belt until it was hard to breathe (semi-sarcastic) as well to stay in place. Doesn't look too bad but when I try to add an attachment it to it when I'm wearing a long shirt(ex. S15-ds) I have to put it at the very bottom of the webbing and even at that point it folds over a bit and doesn't look too good. Sizing down on p23a seems like the way to go.

21 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

I am the same exact height and weight lol I had to do the same thing. Had to cinch pretty tightly and tighten my belt until it was hard to breathe (semi-sarcastic) as well to stay in place. Doesn't look too bad but when I try to add an attachment it to it when I'm wearing a long shirt(ex. S15-ds) I have to put it at the very bottom of the webbing and even at that point it folds over a bit and doesn't look too good. Sizing down on p23a seems like the way to go.

Curious about your guys waist/inseam measurements (I have an inch and 10 lbs on you both and im roughly 31w x 31l) as I'm interested in p23s this drop and wouldn't want to try and go back and forth with copping multiple pairs just to find sizing. As with everything I should probably stick with my regular ACR size, but if this is the one exception...

17 minutes ago, Dolphinski said:

the hem was too high and squeezed my calf when I sat down. No problems when I went TTS.

@Stunt did mention that issue. I think I'll be fine, I'd rather have that issue that having the pants look too big and long on me.  Got to take the good with the bad unless we go ACR bespoke.. I'm praying that happens sometime down the road lol