Acronym.

Westbrook

good to see that acronym have dropped the collection on site so we can have a look through before the release, not that i'll be able buy anything low on funds, ring fenced some equity for the iphone x, plus the likelihood that they'll sell out before i could hit add to cart is going to be an issue.

has anyone noticed the descriptions? nearly all have lyrics from either public enemy, grace jones, front 242cabaret voltaire, joy division, bauhaus, tricky (public enemy cover) and future sound of london. spent more time watching videos from these tracks and others than on the acronym site, nice.

always love the product descriptions. 

J16-GT is the standout for me too. The SS-J16 was my first ACR piece and the GT-J16 is still my favourite jacket of all time. The new updates are appreciated and I can't wait to get my hands on one. If they had also added gravity pockets to the new one I could easily replace the rest of my ACR with it. Everything I need and nothing I don't. Perfect. 

2 hours ago, LowLevelViolence said:

Great knitwear/neckwear this season. Jacket-wise the J62-S looks like my jam (has it always had a hood?) - I appreciate the understated pieces.

Also I like it that the modular liner jackets this season seem to come in a sliding scale of potential airport security trouble.

This is the one for me too. The hood is new for this version.

There are some really terrible pieces like the pee pants or j64ts, the reseller grail and some good new/reintroduced stuff like other pants. We got everything and I expected much worse, good season and there is another smaller drop on the way.

1 hour ago, danii said:

What's worse, the P26 zipper looks golden with silver slider. Also I do not like to put my hand into metal zipper pockets on jackets (it's quite loose there), I imagine on the pants it's way tighter and less comfortable.

Big zips on pockets are like vaginas with teeth. I don't like putting my hands in either of them tbh.

29 minutes ago, leg said:

Yeah, thats strange, especially considering 1.0 ver. sizing. 1/2 chest on J28 is 55cm, while latest J32 is 60cm and J47A is 58cm, layering seems impossible without sizing up.

It's really weird. My j55 has a 1/2 chest measurement indicating measuring on the outside of the garment while these most recent measurements seem to measure on the inside. I found the j53/j56 to be much looser on body with the j58 while having similar 1/2 chest measurements to the j1a while the j1a felt considerably more constricting. I think it might be the armhole/shoulder patterning that allows the accommodation?

4 hours ago, Cornuto said:

Think this was asked before but I can't seem to find the answer, but does anyone know if NikeLab insulators work with ACRNM jackets? 

Specifically thinking about using my ACG tech blazer layer w J56.

I have the ACG bomber from the last season (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nike-Lab-ACG-Bomber-Men-s-Jacket-Medium-Black/246466290) and a J1A-GT (which should have the same system as the J56). While the zip at the neck is fully compatible, the tabs at the sleeves are not, although you can get it to work by using the gravity pocket tabs.

The ACG insulator from the year before is fully compatible. 

5 hours ago, jizue said:

I have the ACG bomber from the last season (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nike-Lab-ACG-Bomber-Men-s-Jacket-Medium-Black/246466290) and a J1A-GT (which should have the same system as the J56). While the zip at the neck is fully compatible, the tabs at the sleeves are not, although you can get it to work by using the gravity pocket tabs.

The ACG insulator from the year before is fully compatible. 

This is good news because I initially wanted j58 for my J1TS but after finding out that the metamorphosis is compatible, my bank account feels like it can breathe again. 

So many details to marvel at. So little pieces I can 'justify'.

I can't get past the velcro shoulder patches on the J16, but am mesmerized by the two shoulder sleeves, the 'hidden' lower pockets and the storm flap retainer button. Could marvel at that high-res image of the x-back pattern all day. What a pity Tilak stopped doing it.

A two-way zippered liner with detachable sleeves! But at the cost of looking like a military contractor/member of a paramilitary force? This piece is something I can only appreciate in theory, since I don't fish.

I can see past the look of the zipper on the RAF P26 (and besides what danii mentioned, this could also be comfortable in urinal situations) but those bottom zippers, they seem to move the pant into that tracksuit territory and stack at the bottom. The pocket zippers I appreciate and think they shouldn't be a problem (at least they aren't on that SISP trainer pant from this summer; only worn in summer, mind you).

The continued samurai armour silhouette thing I see on the P23A (and the pockets creating it) is just crazy. But how practical are they on the pants – that are already quite wide and now made from 'elastic material' – once they are filled and you're walking?

Talking of that silver zipper obsession; I would jump on that new J61 if it had a black zipper and on that black stotz J56 if I didn't already own the GT version.

Maybe one day we'll get a real collared vest with those J58 pockets.

Edited by hjpx
trouble with words

• leg pinned this topic

Has anyone else noticed the new hood / collar design on the J28? Looks like there are flaps that come over the top of the collar from the inside outwards. In my opinion this is an enormous improvement on the previous jackets with stowable hoods (J1A-, J47-) which terminate in a curved lip (see second picture) which was one of the design details I always thought could use better execution. 

It additionally looks like the J28's hood is stowed under these new flaps as opposed to inside the collar itself, which again is significant because now the exterior DWR won't get sweated directly on by touching your neck.

Screen_Shot_2017-09-15_at_11_35.12_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-09-15_at_11_42.16_AM.png