Acronym.

Westbrook

Hoping my money is okay in time for AW, I've been after a long, smart(ish) coat for a little while and the J62-S looks promising. It's that or trying to find a J53TS but from the way I'm envisioning the J62, I believe I may prefer that. Though, I have little experience with stotz, definitely when it comes to jackets / outerwear.

On a side note, don't hate me for asking, I'm curious as to what it is people love so much about the J28 silhouette? Is most of the love for the silhouette a by-product of the NemeN collab? Or is there something I'm missing / not understanding?

You're asking us what we love about this?! (Cheers Keith!)

tumblr_oteobyQsOs1tkkd59o1_1280.jpg

IMHO the best jacket Acronym have made, and I've had a lot of them. Personally I love the slightly baggier cut on it and from what I've seen so far I'll almost definitely be sticking with mine rather than the trimmer version dropping this season.

I was never a fan of the Epic or Nemen iterations tbh, the cut and style always favoured the rigidity of GT.  It's just one badass headturning piece of kit. All subjective ofc.

Edited by Dolphinski
pic didn't attach

6 hours ago, Voyager said:

NG5-AM retailed for 156 euro without VAT. I'm assuming it'll be around that neighborhood.

SM was always more expensive than NG, here is my pricing mathematics theory, but the SM1-AM looks bigger so the price might be higher.

KR-NG2: 240EUR_________NG5-AM: 156EUR (x1,53)

KR-SM1: 500EUR_________SM1-AM: 326EUR

Edited by danii

4 hours ago, Dolphinski said:

IMHO the best jacket Acronym have made, and I've had a lot of them. Personally I love the slightly baggier cut on it and from what I've seen so far I'll almost definitely be sticking with mine rather than the trimmer version dropping this season.

I was never a fan of the Epic or Nemen iterations tbh, the cut and style always favoured the rigidity of GT.  It's just one badass headturning piece of kit. All subjective ofc.

I like the original fit too but in that leaked photo it sort of looks like the baggy elbows may be tucked behind ...wondering if it has actually been re-cut after all

Slightly off the current topic, but I have a slight issue with my p10ts-ds, the narrowest part of my waist is 84cm which is about a size 33, wear a size M in acr, and the waist on my p10's is pretty damn big, big enough that I can't wear them without a belt, and when i tighten the belt down, the waist crinkles, ans kind of "bulges" under the belt at some points. Is there any way to prevent this extremely superficial issue? it just kinda bugs me. 

On 8/16/2017 at 8:21 PM, Dolphinski said:

without a doubt this best part is that he's a practicing optometrist. 

On 8/17/2017 at 1:21 AM, Dolphinski said:

Appreciate the reply. I'm not a fan of looser fits so maybe that's why it's never attracted me too much. I will say though, that picture of Keith is so good.

6 hours ago, CountZatara said:

I was lurking on @Appleseed profile and it says he works at Wes Jones' office. One of the best architectural firms IMO. Their projects would make some pretty bad ass techwear backdrops. haha Take a gander: http://jonespartners.com/text.html

Their website has always puzzled me a little, it just seems so odd? But maybe its that difference that makes it so intriguing. Their architecture is obviously amazing but the blog is the real gem. There some real good reads on there.

From Errolson's Instagram stories earlier, bags / modulars?

image2.thumb.PNG.171c86e6f35e037c06f69bf6aa39efa4.PNG

I'm guessing the "ACG" on this pattern may just be a coincidence and not related to the Nike sub label;

image1.thumb.PNG.bb5973a58eee13aa7597a40ef93d975b.PNG

Edited by Yoshiii

On 8/14/2017 at 4:40 AM, TIMDOT said:

Exsqueeze me for getting political. My gott, the world as it appears, get in my fucking head.

Hide contents

Capitalism created and sustains racism. The ruling class materially benefits from divisions between the majority. Workers in the US in a less racially diverse workplace are paid less on average. The working class, does not materially benefit from racism.

What are ways to interpret the act of change in society on an individual and societal level? 
1.The individual changes through the struggle of changing society 
2.Educate the individual to change society (racism is dynamic and insidious, a new persecuted minority every decade, making this a slower process)(this is all forms of mysticism) 
3.Deny change in individuals = deny change to society.
1 smashes the status quo. 2 and 3 reinforce it. 1 has impetus, 2 doesn't, 3 negates it. A conception of privilege theory, which prioritizes WS over a class analysis of racism (edit: not the ideology of WS), is 2 and 3.

When white supremacy is the prism you look at things through how do you differentiate between racists and fascists? And more importantly how do you change things?

Bro when we say WS, we mean Windstopper®, not white supremacy.

1 hour ago, capnpyro said:

Speaking of WS I think my J58 is due for a wash, do you have to be any more careful with it because of the climashield filling, wouldn't want it bunching

Put tennis balls or dryer balls when you pop it in the dryer to refluff the filling

17 hours ago, capnpyro said:

Speaking of WS I think my J58 is due for a wash, do you have to be any more careful with it because of the climashield filling, wouldn't want it bunching

I'm probably wrong but I thought that climashield was a continuous filament which meant that it didn't bunch like down. Regardless I would probably use the tennis ball technique as per the recommendation above or Grangers do that down wash kit with the spiky balls in it which is pretty inexpensive if you want the detergent too.

Thanks again to Zork and Carlooa for the tips on the J63. A L would not have fit my shoulders and Idol did indeed have a XL for me to purchase.

I can see this jacket replacing a few of my other transitional weather jackets, namely my J47, a TAD soft-shell, and a fleece hoody. The color was as I had hoped and is more of an Olive/Brown/Grey than a true Black. It looks to pair well with my fave P24's in RAF. The softer drape and leather like sheen give it a dressier look than other rain gear; very appreciated.

@CountZatara @shoreman @Yoshiii

Yo - sorry for the late reply, have been out in the Midwest all week. J,P:A is definitely my home, and I'm more-or-less the P in that little acronym. Thanks for the props!

Edited by Appleseed
Finally figured out the fucking handle formatting....

From the official site:

Johanna F. Schneider is a designer whose work emphasises the harmony between graceful creation and functional detail.

Being of German-Belgian descent, the rich design histories of both countries is cited by JFS as having a continued impact on her present day working philosophy. For her, traditional Belgian manufacturing culture provides a gentle contrast to the austere, utilitarian atmosphere of her German birthplace and current home, Berlin.

Possessing the unique ability to operate in both the illustrious industry of high fashion and the performance-oriented world of sportswear, JFS's previous and current clientele, among others, include: designer Kostas Murkudis, atypical design label Acronym, men's sportswear line Stone Island Shadow and Nike.

Drawing inspiration primarily from human anatomy and its make-up, JFS's designs focus on resolving kinetic restraints, and the idea that clothing creates "rooms" for physical expression through movement.

JFS's fascination with organic movement, in addition to her obsession for detail and construction, naturally inform her evolving body of work. By unifying her understanding of pattern-making, production processes and system designs with a sensitive approach to form and material, Schneider creates products that exhibit both subtle elegance and technical mastery.

http://jfs-studio.com/index.php/projects/acronym

With the help of the lady,acr do provide some of best design in their history so far(name cp2,j28,j38,p10,j34,j36) in my opinion. 

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

2 hours ago, Yoshiii said:

Anyone got / know of any good reads regarding anatomical garment construction / pattern making? Anything on the science of creating garments with a better range of motion? 

I've got Functional Clothing Design by Watkins & Dunne, really interesting read.