Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, Kamikaze said:

saw the leaked picture of it somewhere around here. it looks more or less the same as the original with some slight upgrades (a la j47-j47r)
of course it was like one or two pictures so i could be wrong.

can anyone link to said picture? have been absent and I can't seem to find it.

Slightly off the immediate topic- can anybody who lives in a frostier climate speak to the actual thermal qualities of the J55-MP? I'm looking for something to layer under my j47r during the late fall early winter. Which leads back into the immediate topic- is there any word of mid layers in the vein of the J-55 and J-50 in the upcoming drop?

2 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

Slightly off the immediate topic- can anybody who lives in a frostier climate speak to the actual thermal qualities of the J55-MP? I'm looking for something to layer under my j47r during the late fall early winter. Which leads back into the immediate topic- is there any word of mid layers in the vein of the J-55 and J-50 in the upcoming drop?

I think I said this sometime in this thread. I have a mini review of the J55. Basically, it fits looser than most acronym of the same sized. Thermal properties: wear it as an outer layer until it hits lower 50F okay as an insulator under a shell until really cold, like 30–35F. J58WS is rereleasing I think. With that, for much more loft the J58 is much hotter. I think I wouldn't rock a J58 unless it was sub 35F—it's just too damn hot. Keep in mind I'm usually layering with good base layers not just tank tops or plain cotton tshirts. 

the j-64ts is built as a liner - neck zipper/sleeve tabs. also re-release of j-58 as well as a short sleeve version (j-65ws) so there will be plenty of layering options if they all make it to the FW release

Edited by barto

From Errolson's twitter:

This is the level of pessimism within anti-racism movements. Ideas like this disregard class analysis and therefore don't look at racism from an anti-capitalist viewpoint.

What's the point if it's inherent and there's no self-realization through activism. What did all dead anti-racist activists fight for? With this reasoning a hypothetical statement to the person that died yesterday in Charlottesville would be "Sorry. White supremacy prevails."

Edited by TIMDOT

1 hour ago, vir2L said:

Why would you want to alter what is already perfection?

I dunno for me i always prefer jackets that have just have a hood rather than it being outside the collar. Will still be copping though 

Exsqueeze me for getting political. My gott, the world as it appears, get in my fucking head.

Spoiler

23 hours ago, TIMDOT said:

From Errolson's twitter:

This is the level of pessimism within anti-racism movements. Ideas like this disregard class analysis and therefore don't look at racism from an anti-capitalist viewpoint.

What's the point if it's inherent and there's no self-realization through activism. What did all dead anti-racist activists fight for? With this reasoning a hypothetical statement to the person that died yesterday in Charlottesville would be "Sorry. White supremacy prevails."

Capitalism created and sustains racism. The ruling class materially benefits from divisions between the majority. Workers in the US in a less racially diverse workplace are paid less on average. The working class, does not materially benefit from racism.

What are ways to interpret the act of change in society on an individual and societal level? 
1.The individual changes through the struggle of changing society 
2.Educate the individual to change society (racism is dynamic and insidious, a new persecuted minority every decade, making this a slower process)(this is all forms of mysticism) 
3.Deny change in individuals = deny change to society.
1 smashes the status quo. 2 and 3 reinforce it. 1 has impetus, 2 doesn't, 3 negates it. A conception of privilege theory, which prioritizes WS over a class analysis of racism (edit: not the ideology of WS), is 2 and 3.

When white supremacy is the prism you look at things through how do you differentiate between racists and fascists? And more importantly how do you change things?

Edited by TIMDOT

It is, i'm pedantic. Also, I don't like things being leaked not in spoilers.

17 hours ago, piece keeper said:

I prefer those older hoods outside the collar as opposed to Fast Hood on J32, etc. because when it's wet you can't stow the hood unless you want that water on your neck. 

The hood is the hardest thing to design in a unique way. The fast hood is a great design but hoods on the outside are more comfortable

Edited by TIMDOT

I sure hope there is a set of normal pants in the mix this season. Do not want Harem pants or Capris, no matter how hi-tek the fabric. 

Also, can anyone comment on the fit of the J63-pb. The listed measurement for the chest seems quite generous, and I’m thinking a L could actually work instead of my usual XL.

41 minutes ago, Cornuto said:

I sure hope there is a set of normal pants in the mix this season. Do not want Harem pants or Capris, no matter how hi-tek the fabric. 

Also, can anyone comment on the fit of the J63-pb. The listed measurement for the chest seems quite generous, and I’m thinking a L could actually work instead of my usual XL.

I wouldn't size down, It's deceptively svelte.