Acronym.

Westbrook

So I got my J39-S in RAF Green in yesterday and thankfully it's rainy and coldish in Seattle today. First impressions:

Fit is closer to the J53 in the chest and shoulders even though measurements indicate otherwise. From the waist on, it tents slightly out. Smoothest Raccagni Super R 2 way on an Acronym coat. The retention strap is peculiar, it's a Fidlock feature with a quick-adjust feature similar to the adjustment on the jacketsling. It's attached to the pocket side close to the opening while the other anchor point is deep inside the jacket almost under the arm. The jacketsling is only interior mountable. The exterior pockets have 3mm zips, this is likely my only issue with the hardware choice, these are too damn small and feel flimsy even though I know they'll be fine. The interior pockets are drop pockets with no zipper. The belt is stotz on the exterior and is backed with nylon and has a channel behind the flak pocket to secure the coat. All in all, I think it's weird enough to keep. Love the collar and various closure methods too.

12 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

So I got my J39-S in RAF Green in yesterday and thankfully it's rainy and coldish in Seattle today. First impressions:

Fit is closer to the J53 in the chest and shoulders even though measurements indicate otherwise. From the waist on, it tents slightly out. Smoothest Raccagni Super R 2 way on an Acronym coat. The retention strap is peculiar, it's a Fidlock feature with a quick-adjust feature similar to the adjustment on the jacketsling. It's attached to the pocket side close to the opening while the other anchor point is deep inside the jacket almost under the arm. The jacketsling is only interior mountable. The exterior pockets have 3mm zips, this is likely my only issue with the hardware choice, these are too damn small and feel flimsy even though I know they'll be fine. The interior pockets are drop pockets with no zipper. The belt is stotz on the exterior and is backed with nylon and has a channel behind the flak pocket to secure the coat. All in all, I think it's weird enough to keep. Love the collar and various closure methods too.

echo all this sentiment, although i wish there was a chin strap on the collar for when it's in 'storm mode'

Yes true - I just feel like more recently he has standardised on laminate for instance and been pushing the flashier stuff. He prototyped the foil then but it was less than two years ago when those models were released to the public. We've had this discussion a few times before where it seems a more luxury look is the way things are headed in certain components. Just a tongue in cheek remark anyway...I can't see the laminate going just yet!

2 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Yes true - I just feel like more recently he has standardised on laminate for instance and been pushing the flashier stuff. He prototyped the foil then but it was less than two years ago when those models were released to the public. We've had this discussion a few times before where it seems a more luxury look is the way things are headed in certain components. Just a tongue in cheek remark anyway...I can't see the laminate going just yet!

I reached out to Bagjack a few months back about making some of their NXL accessories in X-pac for me, but they replied that due to contracts they only use X-pax for Acronym.... Soooo maybe.... :ph34r: 

5 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

Awesome review, cheers for taking the time to do it.

Is it anything like the J46 in terms of insulation - or is it simpler/thinner with a outer stotz layer and lining?

1 hour ago, Danwise said:

Is it anything like the J46 in terms of insulation - or is it simpler/thinner with a outer stotz layer and lining?

it's constructed like the j1ts-s or the j1b in that it's just double or single layer ventile. no insulation.

22 minutes ago, Danwise said:

Thanks! Acronym pieces are really considered and I think the copy and pictures, no matter how nice, don't do them justice.

Regarding the J39, as @chris_n said, no liner, just a shell. I haven't tried with a thicker insulator but I think it can accommodate my J55 underneath quite easily. Now to find a tagged L FFW-T1-C1...

On 7/24/2017 at 3:43 PM, brainerd666 said:

We should all have bought them and started a weird tech-jodhpurs instagram troll sesh. Throw the hype beasts off their game. 

my olive ones came in the mail i'm ready

14 hours ago, Danwise said:

There's no lining. Worn over a tee and DS-J5 or Veilance Indisce blazer it was fine in Berlin over New Years eve. It's probably one of the most formal coats ACR has made; doesn't look out of place when worn over evening dress as I have discovered.

Chris_n is right though, it needs some way of securing the collar to itself when it's stormy out.

anyone have any washing recommendations / instructions for stotz? Secondhand (thirdhand) P10A-S looks great - almost like new - but smells like sweaty ass.. 

Edited by nodre

2 minutes ago, nodre said:

anyone have any washing recommendations / instructions for stotz? Secondhand (thirdhand) P10A-S looks great - almost like new - but smells like sweaty ass.. 

Soak in large tub w/ Grangers. Reapply DWR (optional). Iron on warm setting. I've also washed Stotz in a washing machine, delicate cycle, grangers, in a laundry bag without issue. 

The care tags are pretty clear with what should/shouldn't be done. The fabrics are hardy. 

2 hours ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

Was going to bid but then realised I just didn't want it, I cannot believe someone blew that much on it, madness utter.

Hope they enjoy it but something tells me we'll see it for sale again soon.

Absolutely... was thinking the same.

Interesting that the top bidder has no previous sales, buying or selling. Hope they actually pay, haha.

And, the top 3 under that are gaijin bidding companies.

5 hours ago, nodre said:

Lately, I've been using this in a bathtub with cold water:

SignatureDetergentV10055342_x.jpg?width=

Performs just like new after I hang it up to dry.

My  P10-DS's are too big for me now around the waist (size L I have a pair of P24-S size S that fit comfortably) so I really need the P10's down to S and I don't really want to sell them I was wondering is it wise to have them taken in by the alteration man has anyone ever done that with a pair of ACR bottoms? 

Also I see talk of the P14's restock and folk talking of sizing up there are still some P9-S's up in olive but in medium anyone have any knowledge on the fit don't want to buy them if they are going to be too big and how are they looking in real life colour wise dark,light?

6 hours ago, Kanchelskis said:

My  P10-DS's are too big for me now around the waist (size L I have a pair of P24-S size S that fit comfortably) so I really need the P10's down to S and I don't really want to sell them I was wondering is it wise to have them taken in by the alteration man has anyone ever done that with a pair of ACR bottoms? 

Also I see talk of the P14's restock and folk talking of sizing up there are still some P9-S's up in olive but in medium anyone have any knowledge on the fit don't want to buy them if they are going to be too big and how are they looking in real life colour wise dark,light?

p24s fit a size large in the waist, so you P10-DS in an m would prob be perfect for you

also: just wear a damn belt, that's why they exist ;)