Acronym.

Westbrook

Jeez, you guys are dope.  Thanks for all the help.  My suggestions were probably contradictory cause to be honest I don't know exactly what I want yet - gotta absorb more, I guess.  Right now a J-46U and J-28 GT combo looks like it'll scratch every itch but for someone who paid 150 for the FW15 ACG jacket it's a step up lol.   

Last noob Q: sizing stuff.  An XL in the ACG is real comfortable for me - gore lays well on my shoulders and there's extra space but I just mostly wear it with wrist cuffs strapped and zipped up with double zip allowing for movement.  It's like a short parka instead of a jacket, which actually works out pretty well for my use cases. I'm only 5'10" and not enormous but I like a looser/fitted fit if that makes sense.

Should I be lookin at an M or L in the J-46U?  Not sure how the lines fabric lays - looks like it drapes pretty well and I feel like the J-46 is just a looser fit all around to begin with.   Lengths are limiting factor - feel like it can look a little off when it hits noticeably below the knees.

And probably an L in the J-28GT?  Hell I could probably do an XL on that one for slouchy fitted vibes since measurements look similar, esp if they slimmed down the pattern.

thanks

13 hours ago, piece keeper said:

Oh...what's the "centering mechanism"?

Possibly not quite the right term but it never goes off to the side and looks floppy - it keeps a nice rigid symmetry to the whole jacket 

"ACR engineered gussets ensure unrestricted movement, and the 3D collar ridge ensures hood alignment and collar stability even when the jacket is worn open."

4 hours ago, limeaide said:

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/07/02/acronymjutsu/

So which one of you writes for Soldier Systems? Never thought I'd see this pop on here. 

only one guy writes for solsys but he's mentioned acronym before. he's also written about veilance in the past. don't know why though as it's definitely not the target demographic for either.

3 hours ago, robbatussin said:

Anyone know what the 'H' in P25H-DS alludes to?

Current theory is Heavyweight. Same pant as SS17 done in a heavier weight DS fabric for colder climates.

44 minutes ago, TechwearEnthusiast said:

Could someone tell me the difference between the s19 and the s15, they look almost identical, and I haven't been able to quite figure out how they differ. 

Check the stitching, that's the obvious detail. Whole pattern is different really other than the split hem and overall shape.

12 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Check the stitching, that's the obvious detail. Whole pattern is different really other than the split hem and overall shape.

Thanks, the overrall shape, how similar the pattern is at the armpit, side splits and how similar they looked I wanted to know if there were more differences. 

As a follow up question, what type of fabric is br? I understand its a cotton cashmere blend of some sort, but how does it compare to lets say DS? The s19 is only available in br if I wanna get my size, but I also don't want to make the wrong choice in material. 

14 hours ago, TechwearEnthusiast said:

Could someone tell me the difference between the s19 and the s15, they look almost identical, and I haven't been able to quite figure out how they differ. 

Someone reliable who has both told me that they fit exactly the same.

1 hour ago, chunglove said:

anyone know where I can cop these J28-looking mods? or are they custom? thx

Hit up bt4d on instagram

I collaborated with him to make those MPs.  It's made out of Xpac.  He has other textiles as well for full custom set ups.

Sizing question...

I'm seeing some differing info on the p24-S. I typically wear a 30-31 inch waist and a 30-31 inch inseam. I should go small, yes?

Also- It looks to me like Errolson is wearing a larger size in the ACRNM fit pics? Excessive cuff stacking. Not sure if that's indicative of the actual fit, or styling on site? I want to pick up a pair for work, as I really liked the stotz in my p10's (but don't want to wear my p10's into the ground), but I'm not into the accordion ankle stack. Yeah, I'm kinda budget shopping for expensive pants, but I figure the p24's are more readily available than p10-S. It's also nice to change things up once in awhile I suppose. Any thoughts are appreciated. 

9 hours ago, nesherman said:

As a size 32 who pretty much exclusively wears ACR in M, the P24's were too big for my taste. I should have gone for an S.

The mediums in those pants are unbelievably huge. I can't imagine anyone wearing it without looking like they're transporting animals in there.