Acronym.

Westbrook

2 hours ago, rnstyip said:

If you don't mind me asking, why not try and create something new? It's easy to go and copy something existing, but I think it's much more fulfilling and rewarding when you've created something unique that you can truly call your own.

the big thing is tapered articulation, I do not plan on making a replica P10, I will be playing with colour, pattern pockets, etc. The thing I want to replicate is the articulation, or at least understand how the articulation is done in the P10 and improve upon it

Edit: I'm sure it would take much more time to design a tapered pant that is fully articulated, especially with my lack of experience in clothing design

Edited by AnomalousTautology

lack of experience and what sounds like lack of understanding of clothing design as well. nobody is going to spoon feed you information on how you can make rip-off pants. 

if you want to make something, then make it. if it's not to your liking, then fix it.

On 5/23/2017 at 10:00 PM, Voyager said:

Yes. The jacket only has two pockets. One of mine has stitching missing at the bottom of the pocket. If I put my hand in it, my fingers go through the bottom of the pocket into the elastic mesh, which is still intact.

I looked at mine and the pockets are sealed proper, so it might just be you. Sorry dude. :(

3 minutes ago, StolenBread said:

Wrong thread mate

oops. i have the two threads bookmarked next to each other i clicked on the wrong one. my bad.

2 hours ago, jediswayze said:

Would be great to see a first time poster who doesn't immediately get neg repped to hell just for having questions.

i think its the fact that every new person that comes to this thread writes out why they like techwear or how they got into it and then ask questions that have been asked and answered a million times. 

Edited by blakebru97

That food catering life...IMG_2875.thumb.JPG.7ebb82f60c2c99d52f7d71e8b4351aa2.JPG

Didn't feel like taking my full kit to the site today. Gotta say I felt pretty rad with my gyuto handles/butchers steel hanging outta my 3ts. Ronin shit. 

6 hours ago, jediswayze said:

Would be great to see a first time poster who doesn't immediately get neg repped to hell just for having questions.

The issue here is not the fact that a question has been asked. It is that this question no matter how earnest was about how to copy acr design.  

why should that question receive a warm welcome. Especially if the person may have a hidden commerical motive.  

2 hours ago, dvp said:

The issue here is not the fact that a question has been asked. It is that this question no matter how earnest was about how to copy acr design.  

why should that question receive a warm welcome. Especially if the person may have a hidden commerical motive.  

anyone can literally purchase a pair of the pants in question and see how they're made. it's actually a really good way to self-teach. this du is just lazy

4 hours ago, dvp said:

... I do appreciate the support I got, lesson learned.

I have no commercial motive, but the skepticism is totally reasonable

2 hours ago, chris_n said:

anyone can literally purchase a pair of the pants in question and see how they're made. it's actually a really good way to self-teach. this du is just lazy

Lazy? Yes. Inexperienced? Yes. Passionate? Yes. Wanting to learn? Also yes.

Thank all of you for your collective patience

18 minutes ago, AnomalousTautology said:

... I do appreciate the support I got, lesson learned.

I have no commercial motive, but the skepticism is totally reasonable

Lazy? Yes. Inexperienced? Yes. Passionate? Yes. Wanting to learn? Also yes.

Thank all of you for your collective patience

If you wanted to learn then why did you ask for the pattern of the pants and how the articulation works? These are concepts you have to figure out yourself. You came in the forum asking to be spoonfed.

52 minutes ago, Toilettebun said:

If you wanted to learn then why did you ask for the pattern of the pants and how the articulation works? These are concepts you have to figure out yourself. You came in the forum asking to be spoonfed.

Imagine yourself in front of a canvas with a paintbrush, paints, and an idea for an image. You have absolutely no prior experience painting. You know nothing of colour mixing, proportions, or the like. Is it unreasonable to ask for help?

Although, to be fair to myself, asking for a pattern is the equivalent to asking for a paint-by-numbers sheet

I have taken your advice and begun experimenting with my own cuts and ergonomics

EDIT: grammar

Edited by AnomalousTautology

12 hours ago, shoreman said:

Rooks get negged. C'est la vie. It's part of figuring out what flies and what doesn't in a new environment. Don't bitch, learn and go from there. 

Is this your general approach to life or just when you have you big boy internet pants on 

I washed my P10TS-DS for the first time yesterday, machine wash, 30 degrees, double rinse with grangers. Didn't tumble dry, just let them dry on a flat surface.

It feels like all the stacks are gone, or at least the way the used to stack is gone, will they eventually naturally start to crease at the right places again? 

You can't have had those pants more than a couple of months and you're washing them already? I've only just washed my LA3-DS and KA3-DS for the first time and they're about 4 or 5 years old now.  You do know you're buying $1000 pants made out of advanced materials so you don't have to wash them every week don't you?

I've had my p10-S since 9/16, and I've only soaked mine in the bathtub and hung dry. And the only reason I did that is due to wearing them literally everyday, including in the kitchen at work. Still amazed that they never seem to smell. I'm used to wearing selvedge denim for 6 months at a time and eventually soaking them due to smell/sagging. 

I've been wearing them non stop since I got them when they dropped, so I thought it might be a good idea to wash them. I'm not too sure how often they're supposed to be washed. 1.5 months just seemed like a long time to not wash something, especially since I'm going by public transport. How often would you suggest I wash them then? 

On 24/05/2017 at 3:00 AM, Voyager said:

Yes. The jacket only has two pockets. One of mine has stitching missing at the bottom of the pocket. If I put my hand in it, my fingers go through the bottom of the pocket into the elastic mesh, which is still intact.

Had a reply back apologising but just recommending getting any old tailor to fix. It doesn't bother me massively tbh but felt like I had to at least get some feedback from them considering how much I shelled out.

1 minute ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Had a reply back apologising but just recommending getting any old tailor to fix. It doesn't bother me massively tbh but felt like I had to at least get some feedback from them considering how much I shelled out.

I got the same exact reply. 

45 minutes ago, TechwearEnthusiast said:

I've been wearing them non stop since I got them when they dropped, so I thought it might be a good idea to wash them. I'm not too sure how often they're supposed to be washed. 1.5 months just seemed like a long time to not wash something, especially since I'm going by public transport. How often would you suggest I wash them then? 

Q1 - do they smell unpleasant?

Q2 - are they dirty?

Q3 - has the functionality (e.g DWR) stopped working?

If the answers are no, you don't need to wash them.  If an answer is yes, apply the least possible damaging technique to remedy. Least being a spot clean with a towel and warm water, worst being a full machine wash.

Quite literally the worst thing you can do to shorten the life of your clothes is to wash them regularly. Somehow people got into the mindset that they should wash their clothes all the time, or that their clothes are dirty if they no longer smell of some kind of citrus flavoured washing detergent, which is kind of crazy really. When you're buying materials that are dirt resistant, odour resistant, etc, there's very little need to wash them with any regularity at all, they'll look after themselves.

36 minutes ago, Dolphinski said:

Q1 - do they smell unpleasant?

Q2 - are they dirty?

Q3 - has the functionality (e.g DWR) stopped working?

If the answers are no, you don't need to wash them.  If an answer is yes, apply the least possible damaging technique to remedy. Least being a spot clean with a towel and warm water, worst being a full machine wash.

Quite literally the worst thing you can do to shorten the life of your clothes is to wash them regularly. Somehow people got into the mindset that they should wash their clothes all the time, or that their clothes are dirty if they no longer smell of some kind of citrus flavoured washing detergent, which is kind of crazy really. When you're buying materials that are dirt resistant, odour resistant, etc, there's very little need to wash them with any regularity at all, they'll look after themselves.

Thanks. I guess I knew you didn't have to wash them regularly. But I was under the assumption that the technical properties would last about 50 washes. So at this rate they should at least last 6 years? I won't wash them as often knowing what I know now, since I do of course want them to last as long as possible.