Acronym.

Westbrook

I was on line waiting to check out the new ACG line at 21 Mercer when I overheard another guy on line say that they had a random restock of 36 pairs of Acronym Prestos. When I checked out at the register, I asked the employee if this was true and he confirmed yes it was and not even they knew it was coming.  

Anyone heard about this also? Better yet, anyone able to snag a pair?

33 minutes ago, MRaymundo said:

I was on line waiting to check out the new ACG line at 21 Mercer when I overheard another guy on line say that they had a random restock of 36 pairs of Acronym Prestos. When I checked out at the register, I asked the employee if this was true and he confirmed yes it was and not even they knew it was coming.  

Anyone heard about this also? Better yet, anyone able to snag a pair?

Did they say when?

Wearing J62 for the first time today. Discovered that the stitching at the bottom of the left side pocket bag is missing. Wondering if there's anyone else out there with the same issue or if I just got lucky. 

8 hours ago, Voyager said:

Wearing J62 for the first time today. Discovered that the stitching at the bottom of the left side pocket bag is missing. Wondering if there's anyone else out there with the same issue or if I just got lucky. 

Weird! To be clear, you're talking about the external pocket, right? (There are no internal pockets)

5 minutes ago, eidolarr said:

Weird! To be clear, you're talking about the external pocket, right? (There are no internal pockets)

Yes. The jacket only has two pockets. One of mine has stitching missing at the bottom of the pocket. If I put my hand in it, my fingers go through the bottom of the pocket into the elastic mesh, which is still intact.

23 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Yes. The jacket only has two pockets. One of mine has stitching missing at the bottom of the pocket. If I put my hand in it, my fingers go through the bottom of the pocket into the elastic mesh, which is still intact.

WTS J62 one of a kind, pockets big enough to store sandwich and a passport

Hey guys, long time lurking.. deciding now to finally come out of my cave and post.. .

My girlfriend bought me a J61-WS off grailed for my birthday, my first acr jacket (yeah, I know, shes a keeper), but i was wondering about the windstopper fabric... Is it okay to keep it packed up in the stow-pocket in my 3a-1 for convenience's sake, or would the WS fabric get damaged if things like the zips or other hardware press or rub against it for extended periods of time in that state? I imagine with the pressure of the packed up hardware pressing against it might cause some friction and eventually do some damage? If so, I'll just keep it unpacked when not in use.

7 minutes ago, strikethrough said:

Is it okay to keep it packed up in the stow-pocket in my 3a-1

Correct me if i'm wrong someone, but isn't this the packable jacket?

Edit: Yeah its the packable jacket, so leaving it packed up is fine

Edited by StolenBread

2 minutes ago, StolenBread said:

Correct me if i'm wrong someone, but isn't this the packable jacket?

Sorry, I worded that weird. My bad. I meant the jacket is stowed up in its own stowaway pocket, and then I keep that in my 3a-1

Edited by strikethrough
a word

6 minutes ago, strikethrough said:

Sorry, I worded that weird. My bad. I meant the jacket is stowed up in its own stowaway pocket, and then I keep that in my 3a-1

I don't think there would be much of a problem, but i'm just speculating. 

1 hour ago, strikethrough said:

Hey guys, long time lurking.. deciding now to finally come out of my cave and post.. .

My girlfriend bought me a J61-WS off grailed for my birthday, my first acr jacket (yeah, I know, shes a keeper), but i was wondering about the windstopper fabric... Is it okay to keep it packed up in the stow-pocket in my 3a-1 for convenience's sake, or would the WS fabric get damaged if things like the zips or other hardware press or rub against it for extended periods of time in that state? I imagine with the pressure of the packed up hardware pressing against it might cause some friction and eventually do some damage? If so, I'll just keep it unpacked when not in use.

Make sure you stow the jacket carefully, obviously movement inside will cause friction but most of this can be mitigated by careful packing. You shouldn't cause a great deal of damage unless the jacket is getting consistently compressed/jostled about but since it's your baby, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Also, s/o to your gf. Keeper imo.

Edited by CARLOOA

Super Random find but there's a restock at END on NIKE X ACRONYM AIR FORCE 1 DOWNTOWN HI SP 

https://www.endclothing.com/ca/nike-x-acronym-air-force-1-downtown-hi-sp-649941-006.html

I feel like this must be a glitch... but if it isn't, hurry up and cop a pair! There's currently a full size run from size 5.5 to 12!!!

Edited by analog29

On 24/05/2017 at 3:00 AM, Voyager said:

I sent a mail to them about this...not gonna hold my breath but we can but hope. I'm keeping the jacket whatever but it does suck that the standards are sloppy at that price.

I really hope quality isn't taking a hit just because acrnm/techwear is in right now and people will buy almost anything. I had some loose threads and a small piece of the wrist velcro come off straight out of the bag on my j1ts. I believe it wasn't sewn on proper. 

Edited by Kamikaze

1 hour ago, analog29 said:

Super Random find but there's a restock at END on NIKE X ACRONYM AIR FORCE 1 DOWNTOWN HI SP 

https://www.endclothing.com/ca/nike-x-acronym-air-force-1-downtown-hi-sp-649941-006.html

I feel like this must be a glitch... but if it isn't, hurry up and cop a pair! There's currently a full size run from size 5.5 to 12!!!

It's an error, you'll prob find most countries outside UK show stock, don't mean to piss on your bonfire :(  - they advised sold out by chat a few days ago.

22 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

I really hope quality isn't taking a hit just because acrnm/techwear is in right now and people will buy almost anything. I had some loose threads and a small piece of the wrist velcro come off straight out of the bag on my j1ts. I believe it wasn't sewn on proper. 

In my head there is some kind of increased disconnect between HQ and the production...like when they told me to keep sending repairs requests to what seemed to be a blackhole with no-one on the other end...whereas whoever it was behind the 'shop' email genuinely believed it was going to give me a result. As bad as it sounds I never felt the need to fine-toothed comb check my items from them which is probably my fault for being lazy when I spent so much money. Increasingly these days it does reveal flaws though. This one got a quick try on then back in the bag due to the heatwave before someone else mentioned the issue and I then found it too. It seems wise now to run your fingers over every seam etc after purchase...and yeah for 1200 or whatever maybe im an idiot for not doing that anyway.

4 hours ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

It's an error, you'll prob find most countries outside UK show stock, don't mean to piss on your bonfire :(  - they advised sold out by chat a few days ago.

Bah! That's pretty lame... especially if they knew about this a few days ago and it's still showing up. Thanks for the heads up though! 

Hello all, I am a fairly new member of the techwear community.

Through the channels of one William Gibson and the spawn of his sprawl, I came across the "wearable architecture" of techwear. With a deep admiration of the aesthetics of stylized utility and weatherproofing and articulation, my desire for the pieces designed by Errolson Hugh is strong. It seems I have come across the subculture in a difficult time as my desired pieces in my sizes are more than sold out on acrnm.com and prices on grailed are... inflated, I have decided to try my hands in the DIY front. 

I have some questions on the P10 and it's construction:

1. Does the articulation rely on stretch? I wouldn't expect so using materials like Stotz, but what do I know

2. Does anyone have a pattern for a P10 I could use to make a pair in the same pattern for myself?

1. No, Stotz has no stetch, so the articulation doesn't rely on stretch, however it's still more an aesthetical thing than it actually helps. The Dryskin version is infinitely more comfortable.

2. I don't think anybody has taken apart their p10 to get a pattern for them. Try pants from other brands, nike acg or enfin leve would be the current best alternatives. 

Edited by nigel1

3 hours ago, AnomalousTautology said:

Through the channels of one William Gibson and the spawn of his sprawl, I came across the "wearable architecture" of techwear. With a deep admiration of the aesthetics of stylized utility and weatherproofing and articulation, my desire for the pieces designed by Errolson Hugh is strong. It seems I have come across the subculture in a difficult time as my desired pieces in my sizes are more than sold out on acrnm.com and prices on grailed are... inflated, I have decided to try my hands in the DIY front. 

1. Does the articulation rely on stretch? I wouldn't expect so using materials like Stotz, but what do I know

2. Does anyone have a pattern for a P10 I could use to make a pair in the same pattern for myself?

According to my "limited knowledge" in acr,p10 is one of models that the value way beyond acr retail price(not mean reselling stupid price though) .

I do know some acr wannabe and fakes,you using them and they just feel like some 2d objects,which probably make your attempt to remake your pants the same way.

Then going deeper and see the whole map we could list some more:

3rdarm used to be too,but official retail raise heavily so it may not be super best value carrier items.

Other models including all lps(j1a-lp,j54-lp and j38-lp),fuck that,looking at the tailoring work and compraing them to the brand loro itself,never ever.

L-J2,yeah,you will say that lol price on grailed too,but this thing is a gift,E also mentioned varsity will never be produced.

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

3 hours ago, AnomalousTautology said:

There are a few P10's on grailed now for very good prices!

No stretch on S, and not much on CH either, articulation never relies on stretch when it comes to clothing design anyway - the whole 'point' of articulation is to be independent of the fabric - it relies solely on panels and stitching to provide the area which will move with room for articulation.

DS though, stretch for days and days.

Acronym is great when it come to that aspect. But when it comes to construction quality? Not so amazing. I have to be honest - the best pants I've ever seen in that regard were built by G-Star (wait!... what?!) - the limited edition Marc Newson's of the early 2000's and the 'Handcrafted' in the same era were truly ridiculous attention to detail on the inside - every seam and pocket was trapped, shut and the then overlocked on BOTH sides of the inseam so there was no abrasion or chance of being uncomfortable.

5 hours ago, Danwise said:

No stretch on S, and not much on CH either, articulation never relies on stretch when it comes to clothing design anyway - the whole 'point' of articulation is to be independent of the fabric - it relies solely on panels and stitching to provide the area which will move with room for articulation.

yes, I want to know how the P10 is articulated so I can replicate it

35 minutes ago, AnomalousTautology said:

so I can replicate it

If you don't mind me asking, why not try and create something new? It's easy to go and copy something existing, but I think it's much more fulfilling and rewarding when you've created something unique that you can truly call your own.