Acronym.

Westbrook

2 minutes ago, Dolphinski said:

LA refers to long arm, KA is short arm (from the German -  Langer/Kurzer).

I believe the A and B denotations refer to variants on the original, rather than abbreviations for words like advanced or button (e.g. J29/J29A/J29B, J1A/J1B, etc), although the A variants tend to have extra features and the B tends to have features removed or stripped back. I could be wrong though, maybe someone knows for sure?

Edited to reflect your info! Thanks!

2 hours ago, akuma no uta said:

Yahoo.jp is your friend. J1TS-S in XL just went for under $1000.

I'm surprised it went that cheap on yjp, all the hype stuff there is always so costly, compared to here.

Can get cheap yohji/undercover though

I once bought a BNWT J25-WS at Yahoo Japan Auctions for 400 USD. That was cheap, and there was only one other person bidding with me.
Most of the time though, the prices are horrendously expensive, with the exception of the Prestos, which are consistently cheaper than grailed.

33 minutes ago, skycrawler said:

I once bought a BNWT J25-WS at Yahoo Japan Auctions for 400 USD. That was cheap, and there was only one other person bidding with me.
Most of the time though, the prices are horrendously expensive, with the exception of the Prestos, which are consistently cheaper than grailed.

re prestos, heard it's bc most of them are fakes or straight scams

37 minutes ago, skycrawler said:

Mmmm I recall seeing J25-WS a lot for $300 actually, pre-Nike boom.

My only experience with Acronym in Japan was at Eliminator. The SA's were definitely the most smug lookin bunch out of any of the Tokyo shops I went to (not that I cared) but the funny thing was that there was a group of normal looking Japanese women (young and old) that were all over the Acronym they had on stock. Marveling over the zips and pockets and details. Had no idea what they were saying though

13 hours ago, akuma no uta said:

Yahoo.jp is your friend. J1TS-S in XL just went for under $1000.

Sometimes a good friend, 1066US... but mostly for the not so popular/resellers-bought-too-many-nobody-wants... haha. (Just take a look at how many J1TS are up everywhere and dropping by the day...)

Other Acronym on Yahoo is sometimes crazy prices. black LF1s ~ 800-1000. Any current/good pants 1000. 3RDARM mobile case 450..!

A while back, some guy sold a J46 for JP retail, which is nearly 2K, and it was used/sweat around the neck... Cray, considering theres still some floating around at original retail brand new.

5 hours ago, chunglove said:

hey guys, @acrhive removed his IG, anyone know why?

Don't worry though, you are not missing anything, the fits are getting worse and worse. Bandwagon kids are so obvious...

Probably all the trolls on grailed migrated to Instagram. @archive couldn't take the heat:o

Edited by brainerd666

Joke around a little in acrhive comments and you'll be blocked.  Seems that Blee is a fairly strict comment curator.  (Don't worry though, he'll continue to use your jokes after you're gone.)

On 25/04/2017 at 11:47 AM, Dolphinski said:

Because the J36 is one of the really great examples of form and function working together beautifully. Very clean lines, great fit block with the added extras of fidlocked flak pocket that is practical yet doesn't make the design look messy and a fast hood for different looks. Go duotone on it and you have arguably the most sought after jacket in Acronym's history. 

Had a discussion with a friend about artificial inflation. Got it based on occult books we collect. 

See, when 1-2 people extremely artificially inflate the price of an object, other people with that object or similar objects will also push their prices higher. Maybe not sky high as the original inflators, but still way beyond market value. When you see an object then posted at a much lower price, the uninformed  consumer won't go for it, assuming it's fake or damaged, since they are used to the artificial prices. 

The only way way to combat this is to let the market determine value. 2 months ago p-10's were selling for $500-$600. New consumers didn't see those, so now they assume they are worth $1200+. It'll only be when either:

1. They get tired of having their products sit and take them lower

2. The market is continuously introduced to objects in the more correct market value. 

Feeding into the flames by selling your own your own products at the artificial inflation may be nice to your wallet, but it will hurt later on down the road. 

24 minutes ago, exhaust fumes said:

Uh, getting the original prices of the clothes is literally a google search away. Do people really just sit on grailed all day and think "hmm, this seems worth it?"

Most of them are probably hypebeasts spending their parents' money so evidently so.

46 minutes ago, exhaust fumes said:

Uh, getting the original prices of the clothes is literally a google search away. Do people really just sit on grailed all day and think "hmm, this seems worth it?"

I'm not talking about retail, I'm talking about value.  A worn set 1 should be more valuable than a used J1A-S. it's an issue when the secondary market value is being determined by the sellers and not the consumers. 

I've experienced the same issue that @akuma no utadescribes in the collectible comic book market years before all the Mavel movies hit. Between undue hype, and inflated 'price guides' based on nothing but word of mouth sales it became untenable to try and compete for key issues in any set run of a series. Grailed is basically acting as a price guide, and Nike the hype. Eventually there will be a crash and we'll all be able to buy our p10's for less than $1200 again, and laugh at all the hype beasts still drooling for $300 supreme t-shirts.