Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, chaosen said:

Almost a full size run of Crimson DAF just went up on End, if anybody still needed a pair:

I can cart and check out, but end will destroy me with duties, I wouldn't mind proxying if anyone wants a pair

FYI1... if you are using END. pls. use this link. END. Clothing Homepageshow?id=gf39VV*YhHg&bids=472320.5&type=3  [... and bookmark it]
the more orders via SUFU via THIS LINK the better. 
we also have access to product listings so if you are looking for something we might be able to locate it.

FYI2... https://supertalk.superfuture.com/supershop  ... [just put this together today...]

On 5/11/2017 at 11:55 AM, CARLOOA said:

Okay, so it's 55F in Seattle today, higher humidity with little wind. I'm wearing a SISP nyco shirt today and the 62. I walk 3/4 of a mile to work and I was sweating toward the end. I'm not sure this jacket will work in much hotter climates.

To be fair, that SISP nyco shirt makes me sweat buckets. 

So pissed off. J62 finally got shipped over the weekend and now UPS wants to sting me for $324. And since it was over the weekend it was impossible to get hold of someone at the brokerage office to sort it out in advance. Tempted to refuse to accept delivery. 

3 hours ago, drgitlin said:

So pissed off. J62 finally got shipped over the weekend and now UPS wants to sting me for $324. And since it was over the weekend it was impossible to get hold of someone at the brokerage office to sort it out in advance. Tempted to refuse to accept delivery. 

I've been curious as to how it would play out if ever I refused delivery of a parcel...Am I responsible for the return shipping fee? Am I entitled to a full refund? Is someone responsible for covering brokerage fees? 

1 hour ago, shoreman said:

I've been curious as to how it would play out if ever I refused delivery of a parcel...Am I responsible for the return shipping fee? Am I entitled to a full refund? Is someone responsible for covering brokerage fees? 

if you don't end up having to pay the fees for brokerage, return shipping etc, someone else will.

Luckily, spoke with a very helpful person at UPS this morning who accepted my explanation that ACR used the wrong tariff and got the duties significantly reduced. CARLOOA should be awarded a medal from the Acronym crowd for his services to techwear lunatics.

Hi thread, it's me again. J62-PB impressions: um, it's very pleathery. And I don't think I'm going to be able to wear it for the next few months because DC is about to get HOTHOTHOT. Glad I got a medium, the sleeves on a small would be too short. 

Hey guys, just discovered acronym and techwear in general over the past month and am loving the aesthetic.

I have a rookie question, considering I missed the SS17 drop, what's my best bet to buy acronym?

Most online stores are out of stock - am I out of luck until the FW17 drop? Are restocks common online (either at acronym or on other sites like hanon and bodega)?

Thanks in advance and sorry if my question has already been asked, I tried searching the thread and couldn't find any info.

Just now, ripley said:

what's my best bet to buy acronym?

Check the acronym sales thread.

Wait for the next acronym drop

browse grailed for steals

The facebook group is pretty decent too.

acrnm.com sometimes does surprise drops of stuff 

1 hour ago, StolenBread said:

Check the acronym sales thread.

Wait for the next acronym drop

browse grailed for steals

The facebook group is pretty decent too.

acrnm.com sometimes does surprise drops of stuff 

Great thanks for your help - out of curiosity where is drop info released? 

17 minutes ago, ripley said:

Great thanks for your help - out of curiosity where is drop info released? 

On here, people post leaks and all that.

Some instagram pages will let you know about release dates and all that, but your best bet for what is releasing is through the people on sufu

46 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Can I get my duties down? Look for Voyager's post in page ~355–360. If you have particular questions, you can ask me.

I'm working on an updated guide on that with updated phone numbers and hts codes (I will need your help CARLOOA). Apparently some of the info in that post just doesn't work anymore.

8 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I'm working on an updated guide on that with updated phone numbers and hts codes (I will need your help CARLOOA). Apparently some of the info in that post just doesn't work anymore.

The code for stotz doesn't work anymore. A previous post of mine shows the current proper code

58 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Acronym FAQ:

Current Naming Convention for Garments:

First X: (J)acket, (S)hirt, (LA)ightshell (ACRNM shirting), (P)ant, (H)at, (N)eck gaiter
Second X: number designator
Third X: (A)dvanced, (T)ecsys, (B)utton, (R)accagni
Fourth X: Fabric/origin designator (S)totz, (CH)weiz—schoeller works, (DS)dryskin, (GT)gore-tex, (WS)windstopper, (SS)softshell, (BR)brugnoli cotton, (C)otton, (PB)gore experimental shell, (K) Nemen experimental fabric

What the fabric properties? Look earlier in the thread, there is a breakdown

LA refers to long arm, KA is short arm (from the German -  Langer/Kurzer).

I believe the A and B denotations refer to variants on the original, rather than abbreviations for words like advanced or button (e.g. J29/J29A/J29B, J1A/J1B, etc), although the A variants tend to have extra features and the B tends to have features removed or stripped back. I could be wrong though, maybe someone knows for sure?