Acronym.

Westbrook

10 minutes ago, spladow said:

I'm curious how trades work in practice

Find a trusted middle man, ship to him once he gets both items then he'll ship the items to the correct traders. Trades are risky over the internet, and its always a gamble doing so, better to sell and buy what you want

14 minutes ago, spladow said:

Considered putting this in the sales thread, but it seems like that's just for listings. I'm curious how trades work in practice. I've only used the forum for one purchase in the past, but it seemed straightforward since there's a record of a transaction in paypal. Are there ways to handle them to make sure you're protected if the other guy never sends sends the item? Do you just rely on rep to verify the other person is trustworthy?

Another way you can go about this is by "selling" each other the item for the same price. This way you can leverage PayPal's buyer protection policy in case the other person doesn't ship. Make sure that the sale price is commensurate w the value of the item. You lose out on fees but the peace of mind is probably worth it.

Ask for sufu references. I know there's a lot of newjacks around here now but, there's still a good chance that someone looking to buy Acronym on sufu has made a transaction of some sort with another member at some point. 

2 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

Got my 62 in. Love it. The detailing is great. The patterning is really complex for a simple silhouette. The star of the show is the fabric.

Does it make you feel like a character from Syndicate?

3 hours ago, spladow said:

Considered putting this in the sales thread, but it seems like that's just for listings. I'm curious how trades work in practice. I've only used the forum for one purchase in the past, but it seemed straightforward since there's a record of a transaction in paypal. Are there ways to handle them to make sure you're protected if the other guy never sends sends the item? Do you just rely on rep to verify the other person is trustworthy?

Yeah, I mean I've bought off the Acronym sales thread before and I just found someone who listed the item I wanted and then I checked the thread history to see if someone had posted something positive about a sale transaction involving said member.  Speaking of that... I have to vouch for kampongkid. Thanks again for the J58-WS. It was clutch for the winter with the J1A-GT.

Side note: You can always do Paypal disputes if things go south. Never gift the money though, just pay the extra 4% one way or another (I think it's still 4%?) so that you have at least one leg to stand on.

Really love the 62 material. Some picture updates: 
Here is a comparison:
PB, GT Pro, Pertex Quantum Y, Multiprene

L1030217.thumb.JPG.11b904614c2493bd3ddcfbf1824b75e6.JPG

Here is a shot of the beautiful luster on the material, I think it gives a better idea of the thickness of it too.

L1030207.thumb.JPG.55e2619255c986e8634ddc8b0f4b6caf.JPG

6 hours ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

for the non-Mandarin speaking friends...

host is 190cm, all garments he tries on are size Large

07.KMTR: regarding fidlock buckle closure, he says he could "sit at home and play with the contraption all day" lol ; bungee snap closure on back of shoe is also magnetic

EDIT: the shoes fit half size big. numerical sizing. (info from Jörg Haas)

button down shirt: the "jacket sling" is now held via rope instead of whatever it was before so it's sturdier / doesn't snap? (im not quite familiar with what he's referencing as this obviously isn't a problem with mainline jacketslings)

hoodie: mesh vent on hood for peripheral vision, he considers it to fit slim

pants: interchangeable aglets on drawcord, long zipper on lateral and medial thigh for ventilation (not pockets)

2 versions of shorts, one being very similar to the pants

poncho: white colour is semi-translucent; magnetic clasps on side; girl was wearing black colour in size M 

Edited by austinalamualaykum

3 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Shoes seem real interesting but not sure I'd be able to pull them off

The shoes jump out at me the most out of the whole collection, they kinda remind me of a y-3 shoe but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

The pants are also pretty neat, but I have way too many pants so i'll probably pass on those

54 minutes ago, scamster said:

@CARLOOA how does the j62-pb fit? 

liking the new acg stuff especially the 07.KMTR and cargos, the shoes would be perfect for travelling although with the big fuck off magnetic fidlock would imagine you would have to take them off to go through security.

Fits TTS, slightly larger in the upper body than the J53TS-GT (I'm a 39/40R in suiting and weigh ~180lbs). Another thing that isn't mentioned is the arm liner is not fleece but a smooth backer.

1 hour ago, CARLOOA said:

Fits TTS, slightly larger in the upper body than the J53TS-GT (I'm a 39/40R in suiting and weigh ~180lbs). Another thing that isn't mentioned is the arm liner is not fleece but a smooth backer.

You sized the same as the 53? Actually I guess I can infer that...was expecting the 53 to be bigger though.

The survey thing could be interesting...get people to wear these to death and report back on how they hold up.

Edited by RemarkableArmor

7 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

You sized the same as the 53? Actually I guess I can infer that...was expecting the 53 to be bigger though.

The survey thing could be interesting...get people to wear these to death and report back on how they hold up.

If it makes any sense I feel like i have a greater range of motion in the 62 than the 53. The underarm gusseting is more complex in that regard.

6 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

pants. knew that would be the answer, was hoping you'll need to size down. 

with the fleece backer isn't it a little too warm to wear in the  warmer months? the smooth backer in the sleeves are in place so your j48-br doesn't ride up your arms as you don the j62-pb.

14 hours ago, scamster said:

pants. knew that would be the answer, was hoping you'll need to size down. 

with the fleece backer isn't it a little too warm to wear in the  warmer months? the smooth backer in the sleeves are in place so your j48-br doesn't ride up your arms as you don the j62-pb.

Okay, so it's 55F in Seattle today, higher humidity with little wind. I'm wearing a SISP nyco shirt today and the 62. I walk 3/4 of a mile to work and I was sweating toward the end. I'm not sure this jacket will work in much hotter climates.

13 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Okay, so it's 55F in Seattle today, higher humidity with little wind. I'm wearing a SISP nyco shirt today and the 62. I walk 3/4 of a mile to work and I was sweating toward the end. I'm not sure this jacket will work in much hotter climates.

real question is what kinda job lets you look so fly on a Thursday?