Acronym.

Westbrook

also interested in this, was thinking of getting the j62-pb but being unsure of the pleather look of it, hesitated for a moment then my size sold out.

still interested in the hand feel and performance of the new gore-tex membrane and does it look like it does in the photos on the site?

Supreme seems like the next one lol

On a serious note, I like everything from the collabs already made and wouldn't mind new Nike collab even though the hype. There aren't many choices on the market. And some japanese brand collab would be cool. A lot of us are/were UC heads and there were many tech attemps in the past. Visvim/Sasquatch and other more traditional might be cool as well. 

1 hour ago, Flipflop214 said:

As I mentioned on my IG. Would love to see WTAPS x ACRNM collab. Picture tiger striped m65 in stotz, drool. They'll prolle charge 2k for the jacket and $1500 for the cargo pants lol

How about Buzz Rickson's x Acronym x William Gibson, reproduction M65 in stotz to bring the brand full circle.

For those wondering about the new material:

IMG_4978.jpg

It's VERY light, and very thin, it seems to have a bit of stretch but I wouldn't like to try and see just how much! The outer feels like a very soft vinyl and the inner has small tufts of a fleece like material in a grid pattern. It reminds me a lot of my arcteryx atom (but lighter). It's actually growing on me a lot the more I look at it and fits perfectly under the J1TS as an insulator, though I can see it as more of a stand-alone for the spring/summer.

Edited by agentbuca

I'm sad I'm cancelling my order for the j62. Would be waiting for it with excitement had I not completely underestimated the components cost for some electronics I'm building. Hoping I can get either j62 or j63 second hand in the coming months. It should look even better with some wear.

@agentbuca can you clarify what you mean by "the inner has small tufts of a fleece like material"? Is it not fully lined throughout the body and sleeves? Do some parts have more fleece than others?

Edited by hooper

21 hours ago, hooper said:

I'm sad I'm cancelling my order for the j62. Would be waiting for it with excitement had I not completely underestimated the components cost for some electronics I'm building. Hoping I can get either j62 or j63 second hand in the coming months. It should look even better with some wear.

@agentbuca can you clarify what you mean by "the inner has small tufts of a fleece like material"? Is it not fully lined throughout the body and sleeves? Do some parts have more fleece than others?

The fleece is inside the entire jacket (but the sleeves have an extra lining too), its the backing to the gore rather than being a proper lining, though ensures warmth throughout in the same way. The 'tufts' just referred to how it is distributed to allow flexibility. It reminds me of cutting a mango if that makes any sense??

Edit - don't know if the J62 is the same - the product shots seem to actively go out of their way to not show the interior, apart from one of the pocket linings!

cutting_mangoes_for_fruit_leather.jpg

Edited by agentbuca

Collabs that bring something to it are one thing...wasn't a big fan of the Nemen stuff but at least it was creative with the dyeing techniques. Quite liked all the Nikes and at least they were experimental and Acronym-driven. A collaboration with Supreme or something that would do nothing other than slap on some branding and introduce the brand to a load of spoilt pre-teens as part of the current streetwear explosion would be the beginning of the end. I'd trust that Errolson doesn't feel the need to get involved with that type of thing. His designs speak for themselves.

4 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Collabs that bring something to it are one thing...wasn't a big fan of the Nemen stuff but at least it was creative with the dyeing techniques. Quite liked all the Nikes and at least they were experimental and Acronym-driven. A collaboration with Supreme or something that would do nothing other than slap on some branding and introduce the brand to a load of spoilt pre-teens as part of the current streetwear explosion would be the beginning of the end. I'd trust that Errolson doesn't feel the need to get involved with that type of thing. His designs speak for themselves.

Yeah my thoughts exactly, collaborations on the textile/material construction side of things make sense. A Supreme collab would be a fucking disaster

11 minutes ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

The whole collaboration with Stone Island seems to go undetected every season.

It's less of a formal collaboration like the Nike collabs were though. I always thought SISP was just having Errolson on as a collaborative designer, not the entire Acronym team.

I was listening to the podcast interview with Errolson the other day, good to know he's very particular about doing collaborations. Apparently he gets a lot of offers & chooses to ignore them.

10 hours ago, X.bee said:

I was listening to the podcast interview with Errolson the other day, good to know he's very particular about doing collaborations. Apparently he gets a lot of offers & chooses to ignore them.

Which podcast(s)? I'd love to listen.

Well, heard back from Acronym:

"Thank you very much for ordering with Acronym. Unfortunately orders whose value exceeds 1,000€ are subject to a mandatory customs inspection and approval prior to the order being shipped. Your order was submitted and is awaiting customs documentation which should arrive today or latest tomorrow. The tariff code we are using is the correct one, as it states that the item is a "Men's Jacket of man-made fibers, knitted or crocheted". The outer membrane is bonded with knit and is therefore not a woven jacket."

Hopefully I can find time to call UPS and get that changed once it finally gets in the system properly, but I'm not optimistic...

2 hours ago, drgitlin said:

Still waiting for my 62 to ship...

Thanks for looking into that, was getting anxy as well. I'm in the same boat and was wondering why the label was created but hadn't moved at all...

Considered putting this in the sales thread, but it seems like that's just for listings. I'm curious how trades work in practice. I've only used the forum for one purchase in the past, but it seemed straightforward since there's a record of a transaction in paypal. Are there ways to handle them to make sure you're protected if the other guy never sends the item? Do you just rely on rep to verify the other person is trustworthy?

Edited by spladow