Acronym.

Westbrook

I wonder if lack of escape zip is a big deal for people. I also read some pages ago that people were not happy with the raccagni zipper in the J50-S which may have contributed to people not buying the J47R-GT as much.

And maybe the new peeps here wanted a more "tech" look and gravitated toward the polarizing J1S-TS

Those zips seem hit and miss. On my J53 it tracks perfectly whereas it really didn't on the J50 so I think something was flawed in the way they did it on that one. I think the gun metal looks cool too versus it being very shiny. That being said the Vislon or whatever was more no-nonsense in my view.

What's the sizing like on the J1A-S (from FW13)?

I'm a 38/39 regular in suits. Usual pit-to-pit size for slimmer jackets is around 22 inches flat. Saw a large on Grailed, and I'm pretty sure it's too big, but given how infrequently the J1A-S pops up, it's of those times when you think maaaybe.

9 minutes ago, mistersparkle said:

What's the sizing like on the J1A-S (from FW13)?

I'm a 38/39 regular in suits. Usual pit-to-pit size for slimmer jackets is around 22 inches flat. Saw a large on Grailed, and I'm pretty sure it's too big, but given how infrequently the J1A-S pops up, it's of those times when you think maaaybe.

from my experience the older j1a's fit roomier. you would probably need a medium at the very least if not small.

14 hours ago, chris_n said:

so you're saying you wouldn't help hype the products you're reselling?

There's a big difference between releasing info on products to get every one on even ground to resell than purposely giving out misinformation in order to try to drive prices up... before the bags dropped, you got dumbasses like yeeezy on Grailed (dude's always trolling on Grailed with nothing better to do):

On 2/4/2017 at 5:28 PM, awex said:

This is grailed dot com community discussion thread now right? Heres some gold from a 3A-1 listing

1ufmRif.png
thanks for the insider info yeeezy

Be glad you know who you're buying from. I'd rather support @yankees19032002 than all the grimy resellers this brand seemed to have attracted. I find it hilarious how everyone's true colors are revealed once money is involved.

You're getting on his case about those p25s but you're no saint either. IIRC, you put up your olive j36s on the Acronym B/S/T group for $3600 or some bs. Then you tried to flip those bags on Grailed too and people started blowing up your listing.

Then you got Victor from UnionLA backdooring that J1TS and hey look, it's still on Grailed. Go back a few pages in this thread and Forino was bitching about customs fees (around £25 or some shit) and shut his mouth after he got called out yet blasts 1k about his horrible business practices. (1k isn't innocent, either).

I could go on and on, at least 95% of y'all have a change of heart as soon as $ flashes before your eyes. 

No point complaining about prices, if you miss out, just shut up and buy it. Acronym is a reseller's game now.

1 hour ago, EncoreAsylum said:

Acronym is a reseller's game now.

feelsbadman I don't mind letting pieces go for below market value, its what i've done for plenty of the shit i've resold. 

I do however agree on how dumb people look when they grab pitchforks for when they're not exactly in the right either.

That whole post about his p25 was just a joke, nothing more, surprised it really got blown out of proportion here

What's funniest to me is y'all keep track of what each other do on grailed or other forums or whatever

If I saw any of your usernames somewhere else it wouldn't even click for me unless you are one of the old heads or somethin

3 hours ago, EncoreAsylum said:

There's a big difference between releasing info on products to get every one on even ground to resell than purposely giving out misinformation in order to try to drive prices up... before the bags dropped, you got dumbasses like yeeezy on Grailed (dude's always trolling on Grailed with nothing better to do):

Be glad you know who you're buying from. I'd rather support @yankees19032002 than all the grimy resellers this brand seemed to have attracted. I find it hilarious how everyone's true colors are revealed once money is involved.

You're getting on his case about those p25s but you're no saint either. IIRC, you put up your olive j36s on the Acronym B/S/T group for $3600 or some bs. Then you tried to flip those bags on Grailed too and people started blowing up your listing.

Then you got Victor from UnionLA backdooring that J1TS and hey look, it's still on Grailed. Go back a few pages in this thread and Forino was bitching about customs fees (around £25 or some shit) and shut his mouth after he got called out yet blasts 1k about his horrible business practices. (1k isn't innocent, either).

I could go on and on, at least 95% of y'all have a change of heart as soon as $ flashes before your eyes. 

No point complaining about prices, if you miss out, just shut up and buy it. Acronym is a reseller's game now.

Don't rep logical fallacies. The validity of the contention isn't properly assailed by the hypocrisy of the speaker—whataboutism is fucking stupid, you guys are better than that.

Let me be clear, despite the reselling or moneymaking, when people complain about outlying prices it's a valid complaint. Further, the desire to move back to normalized prices also is a valid desire. The fact that the people who are expressing both are hypocritical speaks nothing about their validity or the state of the brand and reselling/price gouging.

Edited by CARLOOA

also, be honest, am I the only one that has to google some of the acronym acronyms sometimes? lol

As much as I nerd out about this stuff sometimes I just have no idea what a j69-sz is (or more likely, I don't remember) and I gotta google it for reference.

25 minutes ago, BRICK DOM said:

As much as I nerd out about this stuff sometimes I just have no idea what a j69-sz is (or more likely, I don't remember) and I gotta google it for reference.

As someone who got into acronym a couple of months ago, that's me on a regular, I usually get grailed hits that let me know what the item is, or I get a picture of e. or one of his models decked out in acronym and i'm left trying to figure out what is what

So did anyone else get the J63-PB? I'm very unsure about it at the moment, it seems to lie somewhere between a J55 and a veilance mionn comp (or just a regular hoodie) so I can see where it fits wardrobe wise but the new gore tex is VERY pleather like and I think that's swaying me towards a return. Interested to hear others' thoughts if anyone has picked it up! 

5 hours ago, agentbuca said:

So did anyone else get the J63-PB? I'm very unsure about it at the moment, it seems to lie somewhere between a J55 and a veilance mionn comp (or just a regular hoodie) so I can see where it fits wardrobe wise but the new gore tex is VERY pleather like and I think that's swaying me towards a return. Interested to hear others' thoughts if anyone has picked it up! 

Also Highly likely to return mine. The pleather effect is just too much for me.

@bboysparrow you got the J63? Aside from the aesthetics, what do you think of it? Is it breathable, more of an insulator, how comfortable is the material? I wasn't feeling the look but I'm just curious of the new Gore Tex material itself.

Edited by X.bee