Acronym.

Westbrook

2 hours ago, NEO.3000 said:

Put the straps from the Special Force air force 1s through the P10s

IMG_7916.thumb.JPG.c167f9f584322d95f9c8cfcce63823dd.JPG

Assuming someone stabbed you in the leg and you needed a makeshift tourniquet, that's a great idea. Not sure what the point is otherwise...

Edited by konrvadsk

6 hours ago, TIMDOT said:

^ Goretex > Stotz

_

Didn't realize it had this. I can see it now looking at shop pics. It's something I thought the J1A-GT should have had but I imagine Gore doesn't like mixing of their materials and straight up doesn't allow mixing with non Gore materials. The extra cuff tightening and the riding up from the bag alters the way it looks, I reckon it does fit.

_

I'm turning this into a 'what I thought of this seasons drop'. I bought a J61 so I'm inclined to say it's the highlight but the J47R is da real MVP. The innovation in the construction is unlike anything else.

Functionally, I wish the J61's zip didn't catch on the flap. I wonder what the reasoning is behind only having one parka style button up at the neck because I think it needs another one in the chest area to make it less cape-like in the wind. I have wanted a jacket in that kind of silhouette for ages and was waiting to catch a Veilance monitor in the sales, I'm very happy with my purchase. When Shadow Project or Nike have done parkas there's less hype. I think the light material and packable feature has just pushed it over the edge into archetype-shifting territory.

Can you elaborate on what specifically blows you away about the J47r? I looked at it and thought it was cool but nothing crazy.

On 23/04/2017 at 11:39 PM, goodtimeshaxor said:

May I ask what you use these for? Just curious

RemarkableArmour was kind enough to answer for me, apologies for the poor photo but I hope it too answers your question haha.
Edit: Also really curious to see more details on the J1A in Colette!

18159525_10155318027132112_1938458859_o.jpg

Edited by _dira

50 minutes ago, greynblue said:

Just posted, but I do prefer returning them back now.

It's very rare to get a mail back from them these days but if you send the item back they will process your refund pretty quickly in my experience - you just don't get any interaction. 

Because the J36 is one of the really great examples of form and function working together beautifully. Very clean lines, great fit block with the added extras of fidlocked flak pocket that is practical yet doesn't make the design look messy and a fast hood for different looks. Go duotone on it and you have arguably the most sought after jacket in Acronym's history. 

3 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

I'm not a fan of the duotone stuff personally but I remember that one sat around on the website longer than the black one. Its following increased over time I think.

You are right,back then I got tons of time to choose from the model,especially for j36.duotones were m at last,and these time  were 2014 October or so.

Just like j1a-gt, being selling for like ages(I know the model are mass production for costs lower) but with a nice promo vid they sold out like hell. And people start chasing these.

Call it humanity.

20 minutes ago, Trisa said:

1 off prototype. Stainless steel mesh with chromium oxide treatment (thermal amplifying). Not for sale.

Kenzo Digital

Someone should --iron-- those wrinkles out!

But seriously, I'm guessing the stainless steel mesh material is hard to flatten out smooth? I'm wondering what kinds of other materials this tech could be incorporated with to create a fabric that is actually wearable and highly utilitarian.

Edited by goodtimeshaxor

Anyone have thoughts on the P24-S? Looking to pick up my first pair of ACR pants. These don't seem to get much love from this past drop, but curious to see what people think and/or some fit pics. All the retailer pics I've seen look terrible except for ACR's site (not surprised).

2 hours ago, lobol said:

Anyone have thoughts on the P24-S? Looking to pick up my first pair of ACR pants. These don't seem to get much love from this past drop, but curious to see what people think and/or some fit pics. All the retailer pics I've seen look terrible except for ACR's site (not surprised).

First off, how tall are you? Height is a very big deal with these pants since they are extremely baggy. All the retailer pics look terrible because these pants aren't aesthetically pleasing. It's seriously just a standard cut pant and there's zero details that evoke the "oohs and aahs" that other Acronym pants do. Honestly, I feel like the only people who copped this piece are the ones who missed out on the P24A-S from last season. The predecessor just looks so much better with the extra pockets.

I think you're better off saving your money and getting a P10 piece as your first Acronym pant. It's a safe bet and it looks good. The taper allows for a cleaner silhouette and the mobility is second to none with the articulation and gusseted cuffs (i.e. extra details that make the P24-S an even worse buy). For the majority of us who like the baggy look, we already have the P16-S and P20-S to fit that role, which once again, trivializes the P24-S.

But if you're the type of guy to spend $650+ and have pants that look like baggy Dickies, be my guest.

Edit: If you still want to give these a try and you're size S, keep an eye out on Notre. Black sz S will restock by next week at the latest. Other sizes (especially for RAF Green) are just sitting so it shouldn't be hard to find them on the other retailers.

Edited by vir2L

29 minutes ago, vir2L said:

First off, how tall are you? Height is a very big deal with these pants since they are extremely baggy. All the retailer pics look terrible because these pants aren't aesthetically pleasing. It's seriously just a standard cut pant and there's zero details that evoke the "oohs and aahs" that other Acronym pants do. Honestly, I feel like the only people who copped this piece are the ones who missed out on the P24A-S from last season. The predecessor just looks so much better with the extra pockets.

I think you're better off saving your money and getting a P10 piece as your first Acronym pant. It's a safe bet and it looks good. The taper allows for a cleaner silhouette and the mobility is second to none with the articulation and gusseted cuffs (i.e. extra details that make the P24-S an even worse buy). For the majority of us who like the baggy look, we already have the P16-S and P20-S to fit that role, which once again, trivializes the P24-S.

But if you're the type of guy to spend $650+ and have pants that look like baggy Dickies, be my guest.

Edit: If you still want to give these a try and you're size S, keep an eye out on Notre. Black sz S will restock by next week at the latest. Other sizes (especially for RAF Green) are just sitting so it shouldn't be hard to find them on the other retailers.

Definitely no wow-factor but theyre solid and I like them. Personally I have two pairs of 24As and am already avoiding them for these - I suspect I'm in the minority there though ;) I got them as a neutral go-to pant which they do well. I sometimes feel a bit like a bin-man/rollerblader with all those 24A pockets but yes, they're more obviously Acronym whereas the 24 could be anything from a distance so you may not think you bought anything very special. 

less acrnm look=more wearability with other brands

I did not like the pockets on 24A too and I don't find 3/4 cuts much wearable (weather aspects). Very good choice if you need some baggies.

I'd have to agree with the folks leaning towards the P24-S.  I have a ton of Engineered Garments & Needles which fits in well with the aesthetic of this pant.  Aside from that, it's extremely versatile.  For folks who wear different wardrobes altogether, this can bridge the gap between performance and semi-formal/formal.  I think the description hits the nail on the head when it says: "semi-trad straight leg make a no-too-casual, yet not-too-neat, impression".  It'll continue to gain admirers.

1 hour ago, CARLOOA said:

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2015115883

If you really want to know or if you're science literate. That's the thermaltech coating patent application.

Where were you manufactured?  You're a walking reference bank.

Since we're inquiring about upcoming wallet assassins, any word on the 3A-MZ4?

Grabbed a pair of the 24s in RAF L and couldn't be happier.

I wear them every opportunity I can get. Comfy. Great mobility, and low key, but you get that subtle pocket flap detail which I appreciate . The thigh pocket's on the A's were a bit much for me. I tried on the M and they fit waist wise, but the point of the pants is to have them be baggy so I went L. I'm 5'11 190.

I understand why these wouldn't be someone's first pair of ACR pants, as they're the most normal pants they make. I'm also a big fan of how clean the S fabric is, I had a pair of 15's that didn't work for me, but I admired the fabric, so happy to have it back in my wardrobe.