Acronym.

Westbrook

I wore the J-61WS today, perfect for 55 degrees wind and light rain. I saw the other acronym pieces, and the J61WS stood out to me the most ^_^ because it is very lightweight , pack able, and big pockets ( i can fit a novel book inside)

It is so practical, I can see myself retiring all my other parkas and opt for layering , then just throw the J61WS on chilly nights

Edited by Astroboysu

I just received my J-61 WS today and I agree with the consensus.  This is a perfect every day jacket for the spring.  Also as I have broad shoulders sizing up to XL was the way to go even though L would have been fine everywhere else. 

I am glad that I held off on the J-25 WS.  The flowing shape and excellent pocket placement / design of the J61 is more evident when trying it on then in pictures.   Thus the hype is lower then other jackets from SS17. 

Thought I'd share a quick photo as I always appreciate seeing others post in the run up to thinking about copping a piece... I had to pay £220 customs charge, but still happy.

Not sure what peoples criticisms were, regarding the quality?

The only other piece I own is the J1A-GT, so the breathable mesh top pocket design was a nice surprise for me on this (as I don't know the ins and outs of every piece).

I've been after the S-J1A for that assymetrical look for a while now, but this blew that out the water for me, if we're talking simply aesthetics.

J1TS-S.jpg

Apologies for the spam; will delete and place in a different thread if this is inappropriate.

I am looking for copies/high quality scans of specsheets for the following jackets;

GT-J17 / J36-GT / J28-K / SS-J16

Colours/seasons if they matter are; Black FW09/10 - Black/Black FW13/14 - Red/white Nemen - Black FW09/10 respectively

Willing to pay a little for your time/help (5$ a scan), thanks

Edited by _dira

2 hours ago, _dira said:

Apologies for the spam; will delete and place in a different thread if this is inappropriate.

I am looking for copies/high quality scans of specsheets for the following jackets;

GT-J17 / J36-GT / J28-K / SS-J16

Colours/seasons if they matter are; Black FW09/10 - Black/Black FW13/14 - Red/white Nemen - Black FW09/10 respectively

Willing to pay a little for your time/help (5$ a scan), thanks

May I ask what you use these for? Just curious

35 minutes ago, goodtimeshaxor said:

May I ask what you use these for? Just curious

As far as I know taobao version j1a-gt is already came with full set,which means 'specshit',ziplock bag and acrnm paper tag.

Also,there is already ss-j16 rip off in taobao too. They will argue that they inspired from U.S bdu anyway lol.

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

52 minutes ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

As far as I know taobao version j1a-gt is already came with full set,which means 'specshit',ziplock bag and acrnm paper tag.

Also,there is already ss-j16 rip off in taobao too. They will argue that they inspired from U.S bdu anyway lol.

So this person is looking for a "high quality scan' so they can print out spec sheets to accompany their counterfeit goods? How about we just scan the sheets, photoshop something obvious, and send it over. That way when they print them out all the spec sheets will have an obvious tell that the community can use to call out fakes.

1 hour ago, goodtimeshaxor said:

So this person is looking for a "high quality scan' so they can print out spec sheets to accompany their counterfeit goods? How about we just scan the sheets, photoshop something obvious, and send it over. That way when they print them out all the spec sheets will have an obvious tell that the community can use to call out fakes.

I like the way you think 

1 hour ago, goodtimeshaxor said:

I'm not sure there is a J17, J36, or J28K replica is there? Did a bit of digging on Taobao and could only find a J1A-GT, J43-GT, and J32-GT (admittedly I chucked "acronym" in the search bar).

Edited by zfirehawk

7 hours ago, Dolphinski said:

Don't mean to be rude but that looks too small for you.

It's perfect, I know my measurements well as I don't like baggy jackets, but I also need to have a good fit for cycling and I certainly wouldn't compromise mobility to wear any item of clothing. I don't intend to wear layers under this piece it as it was bought as a light spring/summer/autumn jacket. I also like to do the wrist straps up so there's no hang, and pull the hem cords in so that the jacket parts at the bottom.

Edited by konrvadsk
extra information

http://www.colette.fr/visit/vitrines-24-04-17-29-04-17/

acrjacket.jpg.93b8e05b1ed266499c7d91ca492b9810.jpg

Veste Hors Saison

Thermaltech x ACRONYM(R (Münich)
Tissu auto-chau ant x veste sportswear de luxe
Vêtement d'outdoor en mesh kaki transparent, à ls métalliques enduits d'une technologie de panneau solaire, pour rester au chaud sans batterie ni ls électriques.

Prototype (env. 1500 €)

Google translation (if there are any French experts, maybe they can provide a more accurate interpretation): 

Out of season Jacket

Thermaltech x ACRONYM (R (Münich)
Self-heating fabric x sportswear jacket
Outerwear in transparent khaki mesh, metallic coated with solar panel technology, to stay warm without battery or electric wires.

Prototype (about 1500 €)

^ Goretex > Stotz

_

18 hours ago, konrvadsk said:

The only other piece I own is the J1A-GT, so the breathable mesh top pocket design was a nice surprise for me on this (as I don't know the ins and outs of every piece).

Didn't realize it had this. I can see it now looking at shop pics. It's something I thought the J1A-GT should have had but I imagine Gore doesn't like mixing of their materials and straight up doesn't allow mixing with non Gore materials. The extra cuff tightening and the riding up from the bag alters the way it looks, I reckon it does fit.

_

I'm turning this into a 'what I thought of this seasons drop'. I bought a J61 so I'm inclined to say it's the highlight but the J47R is da real MVP. The innovation in the construction is unlike anything else.

Functionally, I wish the J61's zip didn't catch on the flap. I wonder what the reasoning is behind only having one parka style button up at the neck because I think it needs another one in the chest area to make it less cape-like in the wind. I have wanted a jacket in that kind of silhouette for ages and was waiting to catch a Veilance monitor in the sales, I'm very happy with my purchase. When Shadow Project or Nike have done parkas there's less hype. I think the light material and packable feature has just pushed it over the edge into archetype-shifting territory.

19 minutes ago, Questlove said:

Google translation (if there are any French experts, maybe they can provide a more accurate interpretation): 

Out of season Jacket

Outerwear in transparent khaki mesh, metallic coated with solar panel technology, to stay warm without battery or electric wires.

Prototype (about 1500 €)

What!?

http://thermaltechfabric.com/

This tech is crazy. Now I can't be super condescending when people ask if a shell is good for cold ass weather.

Edited by CARLOOA

23 minutes ago, Questlove said:

Out of season Jacket

Prototype (about 1500 €)

Ok, I'll go to Colette after work

18 minutes ago, Questlove said:

It's not camo -- I believe it's just how the fabric looks like due to it's "stainless-steel yarn makeup / solar-selective coating".

If you go to the link CARLOOA pasted above (http://thermaltechfabric.com/), you'll see a few images of the fabric that closely resembles what we see on the J1A proof-of-concept.

i stand corrected. very interesting fabric to say the least.