Acronym.

Westbrook

17 hours ago, chris_n said:

j61 is the fucking sleeper. wow. just got mine in and damn. the shape is perfect and as much as i love to nerd out on the j1ts and ventile... the 61 is gonna see more wear this spring than anything else.

This. Don't see a lot of fits of this going around but it feels and looks perfect.

48 minutes ago, msoldano said:

Girlfriend just picked up a P10TS-DS Sz S and they fit perfect just the waist is a lil on the larger side of the spectrum. Tailoring the waist is certainly possible and shouldn't be a problem with DS fabric correct?

Actually I would sooner buy her a few boxes of Krispy Kremes than take a pair of P10s to be tailored.

2 hours ago, ste.png said:

This. Don't see a lot of fits of this going around but it feels and looks perfect.

prob cuz every1 is trying to hype up and justify selling their j1ts for insane prices

honestly the ppl who are trying to flip these silly jackets is because they can't afford to wear them fit in a size small (vic)

Edited by chris_n
edited for truth

3 hours ago, Dolphinski said:

Actually I would sooner buy her a few boxes of Krispy Kremes than take a pair of P10s to be tailored.

But the guy above you just said sure I can. Who's right. Will it mess up the pants if she just wants to make the waist smaller. 

11 minutes ago, msoldano said:

But the guy above you just said sure I can. Who's right. Will it mess up the pants if she just wants to make the waist smaller. 

It was more of a statement and less of a prescription. Acronym trousers, particularly the P10s, are cut in a very specific way that allows for it to fit a certain way on your body. You will run the risk of messing with how the pants fit if you take it to a less-than-capable tailor.

Just now, Majotaur said:

Owners of the P10TS-DS: how apparent is the tecsys webbing? In the stockist photos, it looks really obvious (different materials absorb light at different levels in the photos) is it more subtle in real life? Is there a significant colour difference? 

For me, it's extremely subtle.  Obviously, different environments will affect the tones but I find that it blends seamlessly with the rest of the fabric.

16 minutes ago, GFNS said:

For me, it's extremely subtle.  Obviously, different environments will affect the tones but I find that it blends seamlessly with the rest of the fabric.

Agreed, it's more apparent in bright sunlight because the techsys has more of a sheen to it, but in indoor lighting/lower lighting situations they look pretty seamless.

Edited by shifty
typo

7 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

SHAKEDRY is the single layer face/membrane GTX tech. The backer looks absolutely new—high loft microfiber backer.

Yeah, so it's shakedry.

Edit: at least to us until gore starts to differentiate between  external membrane laminates.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

softshell was interesting because it wasn't really softshell. it was mainly an experiment in using non-traditional face and backer fabrics so that the package doesn't "look like gtx". i still have a veilance monitor in sft and it's really, really nice stuff.  

shakedry has the potential to be revolutionary but it also presents a lot of challenges, especially in fashion/non-outdoor applications. abrasion resistance, dyeing, finishing, etc. props to erlsn for just experimenting the fuck out of it.

14 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

softshell was interesting because it wasn't really softshell. it was mainly an experiment in using non-traditional face and backer fabrics so that the package doesn't "look like gtx". i still have a veilance monitor in sft and it's really, really nice stuff.  

shakedry has the potential to be revolutionary but it also presents a lot of challenges, especially in fashion/non-outdoor applications. abrasion resistance, dyeing, finishing, etc. props to erlsn for just experimenting the fuck out of it.

Absolutely, I really appreciate the application to "techwear." I typically just buy stuff to try out the fabric (pertex quantum/shield/endurance, thermore, primaloft, gore softshell/windstopper/windstopper active/goretex/gtpro/paclite/gtcknit, hyvent, schoeller wb400/dryskin/cchange). By no means do I put the pieces through stress testing or even aerobic activities—it's just wild to see the progress of technical fabrics. I am wondering if W.L. Gore is going to grant full warranties on the experimental pieces.

As an aside, wouldn't it have been cool if the jacket designations had J62-XX or something like that. Just a thought.

Edited by CARLOOA

1 hour ago, CARLOOA said:

@Inkinsurgent I remember a while ago when gore softshell was implemented then disappeared, hopefully this tech gets some traction. It seems rather weird to release a high-loft technology during spring/summer though.

Maybe it's a case of prototyping in advance for the colder seasons. They know Acronym buyers will be sweating away in jackets all year round so won't be deterred to purchase regardless of temperature B)

I think the fleece is what was needed to give the proper heft to what seems to be a homage to a couple of classic leather jackets. 

Seems like the backing also softens the hard creases seen on the unlined SHAKEDRY™ bike jackets, especially on the hood and sleeves, adding to the illusion.

Question for those who have seen the product. Pick a color. Black? Grey? Green?

That's an interesting point. For all of the #techninja, they'll hear you coming a mile away in your gtx. 

18 minutes ago, jesterrp said:

the jackets are ridiculously soft, both in and out. you'll barely feel that you're wearing anything. also, not sure if it's been mentioned already but the fabric doesn't really make any noise at all.

57 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

if i'm not mistaken shakedry is, irreverently speaking, essentially reversed paclite. 

They've been talking about combining the face/membrane/backer into a single layer for a while now. Only a matter of time until it's really a single integrated layer.