Acronym.

Westbrook

22 minutes ago, GFNS said:

More importantly, what's the classification number for this experimental fabric!?

Flannel & Fleece?

Same as before, I think those are the face fabric backers rather than a characteristic of the entire garment.

Edited by CARLOOA

4 minutes ago, bboysparrow said:

Looks like some space age leather. I wonder if any other items will be dropping with these or these two will be a stand-alone

I believe so, since the guys told me that they just wanna test out the fabric on the market and see how people respond to it. That was pretty much the goal of the Berlin event.

If people respond well to the two pieces, I'm sure they'll do bigger productions of it.

"The unique fabric construction uses the laminate as the external weather barrier, with 'film-out' GORE-TEX Shakedry technology ensuring maximum water repellency. By removing the traditional external face fabric breathability is maximized while sweat accumulation and weight is reduced. An internal fabric backer aids next-to-skin comfort."

I know people here were speculating some of ACR's future implementations of GORE-TEX would utilize SHAKEDRY™ tech... North Face's description above from one of their HyperAir jackets uses keywords that could hint that these J6X-PB jackets use some upgraded iteration of SHAKEDRY.

18 minutes ago, Questlove said:

I know people here were speculating some of ACR's future implementations of GORE-TEX would utilize SHAKEDRY™ tech... North Face's description above from one of their HyperAir jackets uses keywords that could hint that these J6X-PB jackets use some upgraded iteration of SHAKEDRY.

Just the validation I was looking for. :)

23 minutes ago, goodtimeshaxor said:

I don't know but I'm not digging the new material of the J62/J63s. Maybe I'll need to see it and feel it in person to really have an opinion on it but I'm not liking the appearance, at least from photos.

Am I crazy?

if you go down to an REI or any store that sells bicycling gear there's a ton of ultralight rain resistant jackets that are super shiny. it's a lot lighter and thinner than you'd think it'd be, but it looks like ACR added a lining to it https://www.rei.com/product/114012/gore-bike-wear-1985-gtx-shakedry-jacket-mens

Shakedry is a very interesting laminate but if i'm not mistaken it was originally developed for ultralight emergency type items. Very curious to see how the external membrane holds up under daily use, pack strap abrasion, etc. I'll leave the €1200 experiment to you guys. 

Edited by Inkinsurgent

material is really nice but this is the only color! it's really difficult to dye it they told

turns out like a mix between black, grey and green - imo really cool

light situation was really bad yesterday for pictures so this is what I got

IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3176.JPG

IMG_3179.JPG

IMG_3183.JPG

5 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

Shakedry is a very interesting laminate but if i'm not mistaken it was originally developed for ultralight emergency type items. Very curious to see how the external membrane holds up under daily use, pack strap abrasion, etc. I'll leave the €1200 experiment to you guys. 

17 hours ago, capnpyro said:

if you go down to an REI or any store that sells bicycling gear there's a ton of ultralight rain resistant jackets that are super shiny. it's a lot lighter and thinner than you'd think it'd be, but it looks like ACR added a lining to it https://www.rei.com/product/114012/gore-bike-wear-1985-gtx-shakedry-jacket-mens

it's a complete new technology and not shakedry or whatever. Gore-Tex even havn't a name for it yet

Edited by henrisan