Acronym.

Westbrook

Hi, am new to the forum but have been following this thread for months. I just purchased a J47R-GT online, and eagerly waiting for it to come.
I have searched the thread but cannot find much information on this. Does anyone know what are is new in this iteration of the J47 as compared to the older versions?

The item description reads "New reverse seam allowance construction". Does anyone know what it means?

5 hours ago, hiei said:

Theres size L P10TS-S available online @ Commissary store.

https://commissarystores.com/collections/acronym/products/p10ts-ds-pant

Got some PMs requesting to show stock for Commissary. I wasn't at home for the drop since I already got what I needed but here you go.

• Acronym P10TS-DS Pant
    • Stock Count:2
    • Sizes M, L
  • Acronym P24-S Pant
    • Stock Count:3
    • Sizes S, M, L
  • Acronym J1TS-S Jacket
    • Stock Count:0
  • Acronym J47R-GT Gore-Tex® Pro Jacket
    • Stock Count:2
    • Sizes S, M

Obligatory flex pic attached.

FW17 we ready boi.jpg

17 hours ago, skycrawler said:

Does anyone know what are is new in this iteration of the J47 as compared to the older versions?

J47R-GT is very similar to the original J47-GT except for several differences.

The original YKK zip has been swapped out for the new Raccagni zip, which doesn't have the Quick Release function.

Finally, reverse seam allowance is basically their new way of constructing the jacket with the fabric folded into the seams, which supposedly makes the overall jacket more durable.

1cdcb850fe_w710.thumb.jpg.0d61e7ab9f065e4dbc4ffc05af524555.jpg

Oh, and there's a second CF closure in the middle of the jacket. The J47-GT only had one CF closure nearer to the neck.

70f4f94d70_w710-1.thumb.jpg.4d179e37593f979b38da2207ade2d489.jpg

Edited by rnstyip

4 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

^ very nice

for those with the j61, are you guys sizing down? I know it's meant to be worn loose but the measurements look really big. 

TTS myself as well. And definitely my favorite as well. There are just so many ways of wearing the jacket and it seems to look great no matter how you wear it. 

TTS is perfect length wise & roomy inside. The shock cord in the back & hood is a great touch if it gets too windy. Only problem for me is if you have big shoulders & upper arms, you might have to size up. That is the only area that is tight for me when I went TTS.

12 hours ago, rnstyip said:

J47R-GT is very similar to the original J47-GT except for several differences.

The original YKK zip has been swapped out for the new Raccagni zip, which doesn't have the Quick Release function.

Logo tapes have also been switched from vertical to horizontal.

Finally, reverse seam allowance is basically their new way of constructing the jacket with the fabric folded into the seams, which supposedly makes the overall jacket more durable.

Oh, and there's a second CF closure in the middle of the jacket. The J47-GT only had one CF closure nearer to the neck.

PSA: The original J47 and J47A that have vertical logo tape were for subnet pre-orders (when they still did pre-orders for individuals). This is also reflected in the stock pics from the main site.

Retailers received versions with horizontal logo / Forcelock tape.

just don't want anyone looking for an original 47/47A to freak out if you come across one with horizontal tape. :) 

Edited by austinalamualaykum

I've owned both the 47 and 47A. The 47 came with vertical logo tape and the 47A with horizontal logo tape.

Another difference was that there was stitching at base of the laminated zip that separated the bottom zip from the chest pocket zips.

On 4/15/2017 at 7:42 PM, Voyager said:

I didn't intentionally shrink my P10-S, but they've definitely shrunk and faded after washing a number of times. I have never put them in the dryer, but I can imagine that you could probably do some serious shrinking that way.

Follow up: usually a small and bought a medium. While they looked passable, there were definitely areas that were baggy—mainly in the thighs and knees. Measured against a size small P10-S, the calf portion down to the leg opening are the same, so I didn't want that to shrink. Soaked it in hot water in the tub while keeping the non-shrinking target propped up against the side to stay dry. Decided to gamble with my thousand-dollar pants and tossed them into the dryer on the hottest setting. 

Results: the waist area shrunk down to about a quarter inch shorter than the P10-S smalls. Laying them on top of my other pair, the rest of the pants are virtually a size small now. I'd still buy my regular size when available, but I turned a risky impulse buy into a perfect situation for myself. 

On the topic of J61 sizing, have any of you guys that sized TTS found that it tents out oddly in the middle of the back? Any fix for this besides the drawcord? 

I'm in between sizes and went with the larger size for the extra length. I found TTS to be slightly too cropped (hits above mid-thigh) but ymmv. Sizing up worked out well, I found it drapes better and makes for more of a flow-y silhouette. I agree with the above poster that the J61 is quite tight in the shoulders, but I also feel this is the case for many of the more recent models (J1A-GT, J43A-GT, J53TS-GT etc.). 

Overall, the J61 far exceeded expectations and is one of my favorites for the season as well. It packs up very nicely into a WS burrito

On 4/14/2017 at 10:58 AM, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

I've had success in the past season using @CARLOOA's advice on lowering duties into the US, but I'm having a ton of trouble importing my J47R. Talked to several different people but no one wants to accept 6201.99.8030 as the correct code. 

This is UPS's latest response: "The tariff the importer is suggesting (6201.99.8030) is not correct as that is for other fiber composition with man-made fiber restraints." Anyone else have similar issues and end up successfully reducing the duties?  

On 4/14/2017 at 11:49 AM, CARLOOA said:

Point them to this.

https://outdoorindustry.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/RPO-Paper-8.22.161.pdf

EZ PZ. Run down why it qualifies.

Update: I was able to get the duties reduced to 7.1% under the tariff 6201.93.4700, which works because the jacket is made up of man-made fibers, meets the requirements of Recreational Performance Outerwear, and is water resistant.

UPS would not accept 6201.99.8030 because Acronym marked the jacket as "Men's Jacket of Man-Made Fibers (6201.9300)". Not as low as 4.2% but much preferable to 27.7%. Thanks @CARLOOA for the above link, which is how I found the new code. 

If someone could scan and send me some specsheets, I would be most grateful!

Pl-J1(with hood version), DS-H2, SS-J2, SS-J2W, SS-J4, 3a-3TS (limonta), P1TS-S

Edited by Ztema

11 hours ago, chaosen said:

On the topic of J61 sizing, have any of you guys that sized TTS found that it tents out oddly in the middle of the back? Any fix for this besides the drawcord? 

I'm in between sizes and went with the larger size for the extra length. I found TTS to be slightly too cropped (hits above mid-thigh) but ymmv. Sizing up worked out well, I found it drapes better and makes for more of a flow-y silhouette. I agree with the above poster that the J61 is quite tight in the shoulders, but I also feel this is the case for many of the more recent models (J1A-GT, J43A-GT, J53TS-GT etc.). 

Overall, the J61 far exceeded expectations and is one of my favorites for the season as well. It packs up very nicely into a WS burrito

I noticed it flows out a bit in the back, but it doesn't bother me too much. Figure I'd wear a bag over it. 

I did get try it out in heavy downpour today (South Texas thunderstorms). It held up extremely well despite what I've read here on WS material. Maybe because it's still brand new. I was outside for a good 20 - 30 minutes, I thought moisture was seeping through around the shoulders & hood but it was just the coolness of the rain. Took the jacket off & was surprised to be as dry as I was. Only thing wet was the lower part of my pants where the J61 didn't cover. Wet season is just starting here, will update how long it can perform this well.

23 minutes ago, X.bee said:

I noticed it flows out a bit in the back, but it doesn't bother me too much. Figure I'd wear a bag over it. 

I did get try it out in heavy downpour today (South Texas thunderstorms). It held up extremely well despite what I've read here on WS material. Maybe because it's still brand new. I was outside for a good 20 - 30 minutes, I thought moisture was seeping through around the shoulders & hood but it was just the coolness of the rain. Took the jacket off & was surprised to be as dry as I was. Only thing wet was the lower part of my pants where the J61 didn't cover. Wet season is just starting here, will update how long it can perform this well.

The WS material itself is going to take a lot to soak through.  If you keep the DWR maintained you shouldn't have an issue.  It doesn't get the full waterproof rating because the seams aren't taped like on other Gore-tex, but for 9/10 situations this probably isn't going to be an issue.  

Sup! Can somebody make a measurement of halfwaist for p10ts-ds in size S and M.

Haven provide some strange measurements: 40 cm for S and 42 cm for M. Guys from Ink-clothing said that its 43 cm for M

my p10-ch in size S - 42,5 cm....

thanx in advance for ur help!

6 minutes ago, Yan90 said:

Sup! Can somebody make a measurement of halfwaist for p10ts-ds in size S and M.

Haven provide some strange measurements: 40 cm for S and 42 cm for M. Guys from Ink-clothing said that its 43 cm for M

my p10-ch in size S - 42,5 cm....

thanx in advance for ur help!

Size S measures 41,5 cm

Regarding the J1TS-S:

I have tried on both S and M and am at a crossroads. I'm 6'0", 165 lbs, with an athletic build.

The S fits better overall except the armpits. Due to my tapered build, my chest/shoulders are a bit wider and cause the jacket to pinch into my armpits slightly. It's not terribly uncomfortable but it isn't ideal. I think if I wore it for an extended period of time it may start to restrict circulation and get to a point where taking off the jacket would feel good (but not necessarily feel bad while it's on). Again, the rest of it fits perfectly and this is generally how I like my clothes to fit (fitted to the body). The sleeves could use an extra inch though.

The M isn't huge on me but it is a lot roomier especially in the waist which I don't like aesthetically. Sleeves are just a bit too long by an inch and chest/shoulders are right for my body type.

I wish there was an in between size. Errolson please add more sizing options.

What do I do?

1 minute ago, goodtimeshaxor said:

Regarding the J1TS-S:

I have tried on both S and M and am at a crossroads. I'm 6'0", 165 lbs, with an athletic build.

The S fits better overall except the armpits. Due to my tapered build, my chest/shoulders are a bit wider and cause the jacket to pinch into my armpits slightly. It's not terribly uncomfortable but it isn't ideal. I think if I wore it for an extended period of time it may start to restrict circulation and get to a point where taking off the jacket would feel good (but not necessarily feel bad while it's on). Again, the rest of it fits perfectly and this is generally how I like my clothes to fit (fitted to the body). The sleeves could use an extra inch though.

The M isn't huge on me but it is a lot roomier especially in the waist which I don't like aesthetically. Sleeves are just a bit too long by an inch and chest/shoulders are right for my body type.

I wish there was an in between size. Errolson please add more sizing options.

What do I do?

This should be an easy question. I'm 5'8 but about 170, athletic build. If you're 6'0 you have no business being in a small lol. I think it's very unlikely that you'll fit a 58-ws in small, so if you ever want to layer a liner (trust me, you do), go w the M (it's what I did).

4 minutes ago, solographik said:

This should be an easy question. I'm 5'8 but about 170, athletic build. If you're 6'0 you have no business being in a small lol. I think it's very unlikely that you'll fit a 58-ws in small, so if you ever want to layer a liner (trust me, you do), go w the M (it's what I did).

You have a good point there. I did only try the jacket on with a single shirt and I will definitely want to use a liner. However, I usually only wear a single layer underneath jackets since I get warm easily. I just wish it wasn't so wide!

I bet you fit into a S perfectly at your height and weight. I guess I just need to bulk up and gain like 20-25 more pounds to fit better haha

Edited by goodtimeshaxor

I'm 5'10 155lbs and have the same issue. Usually find myself in between S and M for most brands.

I prefer how a size S fits when I'm wearing just one layer underneath, but with a sweater it's slightly constricting. Size M fits me just right in the shoulders, but the length and 'boxiness' of an M is an issue for me, unless I wear thick layers. However, at your height and weight I'd say go with the M. If I was a couple inches taller and slightly heavier that's what I would do.

On the other hand, I feel I'm firmly an S when it comes to ACR pants.

Edited by Jun.H

Sooo whos got the classified info about FW ?

My hopes are J28-GT upgrades include poppers and two way escape zip, and fold in hood system like the 47 for me this looks a lot better thay the outside hood.

Duo tone would be a bonus, i think if that did happen id try grab a black and a duo, if the bots dont scoop em all :)

But yeah i could be totally wrong but a man can dream.