Acronym.

Westbrook

On 4/6/2017 at 1:38 AM, RemarkableArmor said:

I'd take a lot of the earlier SISP pieces over ACRNM. These days haven't been feeling it on the whole but applaud the experimental designs...just not too keen on those corrosive finishes. I'm optimistic they are going in the right direction again after a somewhat flat period imo though so watching carefully.

The early stuff with those buttoned in liners were really cool, I thought. And the shoes are usually pretty cool. I'd have preferred the SI chelsea boots over any of the acr x nike collaborations. But yeah, I haven't been into the jackets for a bit. I should probably start paying more attention though. 

3 hours ago, capnpyro said:

Anyone with a j48-br give a sizing report if it's bigger or smaller than other profile fits? I'm on the border of an M/L in most fits, always a toss up which to get

I think the fit on J48 - BR is bigger, I got Size S and felt it fits a bit too large on me.   Usually, Acronym size small fits tts. 

On 3/23/2017 at 9:52 PM, Voyager said:

If we're doing the release-prep posts now might as well get this one out of the way. US duties cheat codes.

If you order a jacket valuing over $800 from Acronym and you live in the USA, you'll be paying painfully high duties.

HOW TO LOWER YOUR DUTIES IF YOU LIVE IN THE USA

UPS Brokerage accounting department 866-493-7140
Give them your tracking number and tell them that you have a package due to arrive and it isn't classified as specifically as it should be. And as a result of its vague classification, the duties are set way too high. This is actually true.
They might be able to change the classification right then and there, but sometimes they will tell you that you need to speak to the agent in charge of your package and they will give you the number for that office. If they don't just call the Dallas office. They usually have their shit together there.
UPS Shipping and logistics Dallas office 972-304-6978
If you give them your tracking number they should direct you to an agent in charge of your package. Explain to them your situation. They will probably give you a classification that Acronym specified (6203.33.xxxx) which has a duty rate of 27% which is insanely high. Tell them that the classification is not necessarily incorrect, but it's just not specific enough. Give your agent the following classification numbers:
6201.99.8010 - for Cotton (Stotz)
6201.99.8020 - for Wool (LP - that would be a pleasant surprise)
6201.99.8030 - for synthetics (SS, WS or GT)
This changes your rate to something like 4% and saves you hundreds of dollars.

Once your agent confirms the rate change...
UPS bill pay - 803-502-2525. Call these people and pay your lowered duties.

Much thanks again to CARLOOA for tracking down those classification numbers.

Hey guys. Let me tell you my experience using this. After calling the above Dallas number and getting transfered a couple times finally got to someone that could help me. I bought a S19-DS and a LA6B-DS. Total price I paid including shipping is $920. Got the UPS email and it told me my brokerage fees were $150.

Gave the agent my tracking number and I literally followed the script above saying I had an updated classification number that's more accurate etc. He confirmed with me that I was buying a shirt and T-shirt. As soon as I said the 6201 class number he stopped me right there and said thats a chapter only for overcoats, ski jackets, and stuff like that. Doesn't include shirts. I told him I didn't do my research enough and that I didn't have any other class numbers to give him.

He told me to hold on a second and after a few minutes he said he was able to find a number (didn't tell me what) and that best he could do is get my fee down to $80. I said I'll take it and he's going to update it and I'm going to pick up my package later today. Very kind fellow. He could've easily told me he couldn't do anything and that I would just have to pay. Anyways that's my experience.

Thanks again carloola for the info 

1 minute ago, bboysparrow said:

Hey guys. Let me tell you my experience using this. After calling the above Dallas number and getting transfered a couple times finally got to someone that could help me. I bought a S19-DS and a LA6B-DS. Total price I paid including shipping is $920. Got the UPS email and it told me my brokerage fees were $150.

Gave the agent my tracking number and I literally followed the script above saying I had an updated classification number that's more accurate etc. He confirmed with me that I was buying a shirt and T-shirt. As soon as I said the 6201 class number he stopped me right there and said thats a chapter only for overcoats, ski jackets, and stuff like that. Doesn't include shirts. I told him I didn't do my research enough and that I didn't have any other class numbers to give him.

He told me to hold on a second and after a few minutes he said he was able to find a number (didn't tell me what) and that best he could do is get my fee down to $80. I said I'll take it and he's going to update it and I'm going to pick up my package later today. Very kind fellow. He could've easily told me he couldn't do anything and that I would just have to pay. Anyways that's my experience.

Thanks again carloola for the info 

Sorry guys. The guide for duties only applies to jackets. It will require some research from some dedicated individuals to hunt for the codes for pants, shirts, and bags. However most of the time you can just do separate shipments for those items and keep the total price of goods under the $800 limit. Most of the time this is impossible with jackets which is why this guide is useful. Probably should have specified that originally.

On 3/24/2017 at 0:52 AM, Voyager said:

If we're doing the release-prep posts now might as well get this one out of the way. US duties cheat codes.

If you order a jacket valuing over $800 from Acronym and you live in the USA, you'll be paying painfully high duties.

HOW TO LOWER YOUR DUTIES IF YOU LIVE IN THE USA

UPS Brokerage accounting department 866-493-7140
Give them your tracking number and tell them that you have a package due to arrive and it isn't classified as specifically as it should be. And as a result of its vague classification, the duties are set way too high. This is actually true.
They might be able to change the classification right then and there, but sometimes they will tell you that you need to speak to the agent in charge of your package and they will give you the number for that office. If they don't just call the Dallas office. They usually have their shit together there.
UPS Shipping and logistics Dallas office 972-304-6978
If you give them your tracking number they should direct you to an agent in charge of your package. Explain to them your situation. They will probably give you a classification that Acronym specified (6203.33.xxxx) which has a duty rate of 27% which is insanely high. Tell them that the classification is not necessarily incorrect, but it's just not specific enough. Give your agent the following classification numbers:
6201.99.8010 - for Cotton (Stotz)
6201.99.8020 - for Wool (LP - that would be a pleasant surprise)
6201.99.8030 - for synthetics (SS, WS or GT)
This changes your rate to something like 4% and saves you hundreds of dollars.

Once your agent confirms the rate change...
UPS bill pay - 803-502-2525. Call these people and pay your lowered duties.

Much thanks again to CARLOOA for tracking down those classification numbers.

Any idea whether or not you can apply this to a package you've already received and paid duties for?  My J1A-GT had a monstrous duty attached to it which I wouldn't mind refuting, if at all possible.

4 minutes ago, GFNS said:

Any idea whether or not you can apply this to a package you've already received and paid duties for?  My J1A-GT had a monstrous duty attached to it which I wouldn't mind refuting, if at all possible.

Cost money to dispute. Dispute via UPS costs 90. 

6 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Sorry guys. The guide for duties only applies to jackets. It will require some research from some dedicated individuals to hunt for the codes for pants, shirts, and bags. However most of the time you can just do separate shipments for those items and keep the total price of goods under the $800 limit. Most of the time this is impossible with jackets which is why this guide is useful. Probably should have specified that originally.

Yeah. 6205.90.40 is for the DS shirt, I think cotton is different—never bought shirts off acrnm.com so I don't know what the cotton shirt code is. My oversight as well.

Edited by CARLOOA

Just now, CARLOOA said:

Yeah. 6205.90.40 is for shirts. My oversight as well.

This absolute madman is at it again. Coming through with code after code.

Hey what's the code for a jacket that looks like leather but ain't? ;) 

7 minutes ago, Voyager said:

This absolute madman is at it again. Coming through with code after code.

Hey what's the code for a jacket that looks like leather but ain't? ;) 

I know you're joking but, in the case of ACRNM, it's likely 6201.99.1530 men's boys overcoats (6201) > of other textiles/recreational performance outerwear (99) > subject to manmade fiber constraints (1530)

Edited by CARLOOA

So it looks like J1TS-S should be 6201.99.8010?

Either way, is there a list of duty percentages that we can expect for each category of textile/good? Searched the ol' Google for "6201.99.8010" and there were 3 relevant hits (2 of this thread). 

5 minutes ago, goodtimeshaxor said:

Either way, is there a list of duty percentages that we can expect for each category of textile/good? Searched the ol' Google for "6201.99.8010" and there were 3 relevant hits (2 of this thread). 

That's what I'd shoot for since it's water resistant and 4.2% vs the 6201.92.xxxx code for 6.2%

10 minutes ago, goodtimeshaxor said:

https://hts.usitc.gov/current

Section XI, chapters 61 and 62

25 minutes ago, Questlove said:

Yeah... 

Wish I could say the same for Canadian customs. Most things (adult pants/jackets/shirts), despite the material, seem to generally get taxed 15% - 18%.

I hope someone can prove me wrong.

For my J1A-GT  I had to pay $300 something.. cant remember the excat amount, around $330, so its not TO bad!!!

34 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Ok so my J48-BR has sling attachments but didn't come with a sling. Did anyone's come with a sling?

I'm assuming this is the way it comes since there's no mention of a sling on the product page.

Nope. No sling included with mine