Acronym.

Westbrook

34 minutes ago, vir2L said:

Just an FYI, five of the sites that stock Acronym are already bot-able. It's ironic how fast you're throwing stones at random people yet you're still so blatant about your modus operandi.

Any site that uses Shopify as a checkout page is bottable, hell you can even create backdoor links to add the item to cart before the drop goes live if you know how to navigate your way around.

Looks like the J1TS-S are popping up on grailed for their stupid resell prices, was only a matter of time

I just got my P10TS from idol brooklyn, I did a quick fit and its significantly bigger than my P10s from last year. The sizing is very similar with the initial issues of nikelab ACG woven pants.

Just now, hiei said:

I just got my P10TS from idol brooklyn, I did a quick fit and its significantly bigger than my P10s from last year. The sizing is very similar with the initial issues of nikelab ACG woven pants.

How big of a difference are we talking about? Is it like the diff between the -CH and -S, or something more significant than that?

1 minute ago, solographik said:

How big of a difference are we talking about? Is it like the diff between the -CH and -S, or something more significant than that?

Oh I didn't know there were size difference between the -S and -CH because both my P10s are -S. I'll take a picture later to show how much of difference. First thing that I noticed was I was able to zip without needing the DS stretch and my calves were not too constricted. Also, theres a lot of space around my thighs and quads.

1 minute ago, hiei said:

Oh I didn't know there were size difference between the -S and -CH because both my P10s are -S. I'll take a picture later to show how much of difference. First thing that I noticed was I was able to zip without needing the DS stretch and my calves were not too constricted. Also, theres a lot of space around my thighs and quads.

The -CH definitely fits about 1/2 size looser than the -S (IMO). Gotcha, thanks for the info. 

1 minute ago, hiei said:

A very helpful previous post broke it down as such:

S- Tight

CH- Loose

DS- Looser

12 minutes ago, meccaNIZM said:

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but we are spending more time discussing the thread itself than the actual thing that brought everyone together. Ya, I remember when I recognized every person one here and the thread was a handful of people with sizing advice, care instructions, proxies, etc. but I do feel like an old man on his porch shaking a carbon fiber cane telling the kids to get off my lawn. We were all new to ACR at some point, but I think the "OGs" are just looking for more appreciation for the brand. Yes, they're just clothes, but the level of technical proficiency and attention to construction is something we discussed and respected, not just " where to cop". I think my general feeling was embodied when walking down the street in prestos, p10-a, ss-cp2 and 8ts, and I hear a "yo, sweet acronyms"... I turn around and think I can have a conversation with one of y'all, and the dude looks bewildered with a "acronym makes clothes?" That's it, I'm off my goretex soapbox. 

P.s. J1ts came today, armhole feel a little higher and tighter, waist fits loose, but overall mad happy. New detached pockets are small but sweet.

I'm guilty of talking about the "state of the thread" topics—but c'mon, capn figured out it was SHAKEDRY for the new stuff, that's pretty cool, right?

35 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Anyone know what the belt is in that video? Is it oldschool or newschool? Looks like it would be pretty easy to DIY...

1kcorp belt email him and tell him you saw it featured in the new acronym video, you'll get easy discount

1 minute ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Not sure if you're kidding, but to my eyes it doesn't look like any of the 1k belts.

I know that acr produced belts early on, but I don't have photos.

Yes i'm kidding, I didn't know acronym made belts, never really saw them. Recently new into the scene but I'm reading on it as much as I can

2 hours ago, Questlove said:

Looks like E was sitting on this footage since last summer. If I was him, I would've been itching to release this vid asap (so good). 

That is a great catch dude! :)

1 hour ago, Kamikaze said:

You know the expression 'preaching to the wrong choir'? That's how I'm beginning to feel with these HB posts. Clearly a few members of staff there really dig the aesthetic, and it's perfectly understandable they'd want to post about what they like, but you skim through the comment section and there is seldom a nice thing said. 

I've nothing against the exposure, and I follow most of these guys on Instagram myself, but I'm of the opinion that HB isn't the right vector for Acronym, or techwear generally; their audience (except from maybe a slim subset) just isn't interested. 

Does anyone else have any thoughts on that?