Acronym.

Westbrook

3 minutes ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

I feel less community and more mob these days, I feel it's time to say farewell.

Yeah nothing lasts forever I suppose. Either try and help foster the community but if you can't...Well then say peace, move on, be happy for the memories.

3 minutes ago, vir2L said:

Wow, how annoying. The black jacket I wanted was sold out already.

Errolson was right: "Used to be #ΛCRИMweek ... Now it's more like #ΛCRИMhour 

You guys hate on resellers but you guys have yourselves to blame when everyone keeps name dropping these sites on a public forum. God knows how many lurkers are in this topic.

Too much hype now and I did not want to pursue this road but desperate times call for desperate measures.

#FW17botseason

Maybe people just want to be helpful to other people showing them obscure sites carrying acronym. Good intentions. Once we get to bot level though...Were going to need a lot more than captcha.

6 minutes ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

I feel less community and more mob these days, I feel it's time to say farewell.

Man...say it ain't so TEK......You've been here as long as I can remember !!!!   

8 minutes ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

I feel you on this. Though up until recently I much preferred to lurk, I feel like the whole subculture around Acronym and Techwear in general has went to the dogs. Especially with this last drop, I felt like I had no time to actually consider what I wanted to purchase. Gone are the days where I could open the website and atleast have some time to browse the collection, and choose the pieces that I wanted. Now it's like a mad scramble to purchase one or two items.

Hype comes before the fall.

Edited by bluecrush

1 hour ago, CARLOOA said:

I was hypothesizing that Acronym's working on a GORE SHAKEDRY™ design, seeing as how Acronym had a jacket at ISPA in GORE's booth that didn't allow photography and GORE was mostly pushing SHAKEDRY™ at that convention.

Source: http://fitnessnbeauty.co.uk/2017/01/18/gore-tex-brand-focuses-trust-unveils-new-products-innovations-ispo-2017/

Edited by capnpyro
Source cited

Hopefully the hype will be temporary and we will be treated to all the faddists selling off their acr gear at firesale prices to finance their move into mud wave or whatever the new thing is.

(edit: forgot we already did gothic kilt core)

Edited by tv_ice

3 minutes ago, capnpyro said:

I was hypothesizing that Acronym's working on a GORE SHAKEDRY™ design, seeing as how Acronym had a jacket at ISPA in GORE's booth that didn't allow photography and GORE was mostly pushing SHAKEDRY™ at that convention.

You're absolutely right I think. Shakedry has the same luster as the new pieces.

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/sc/gore-shakedry-jacket

S/O you. You can be the guy from 300 that has the wild whip and I'll be Xerxes.

This is why I like this forum. Wish I could give more rep.

J46-SD J48-SD incoming baby.

Edited by CARLOOA

3 minutes ago, bluecrush said:

I feel you on this. Especially with this last drop, I felt like I had no time to actually consider what I wanted to purchase. Gone are the days where I could open the website and atleast have some time to browse the collection, and choose the pieces that I wanted. Now it's like a mad scramble to purchase one or two items.

Hype comes before the fall.

I feel you, Im new with Acronym brand, actually since last year, got 6 pieces and love everything about my jackets, brand, quality, etc... My problem is I need to check the measurments with new jacket models cause I barely fit in the XL, so this drop it was very hard to check quickly the sizing/measurements and click buy, greatfully i ended up buying what i wanted, but I didnt liked the stress, like qhen trying to buy Jordan 1's.....

5 minutes ago, capnpyro said:

Besides being water resistant the most interesting thing about that material is go back and look at the weight. 116 grams for a large. Yeow!

My issue with new gore ultra performance material is that it went hard with the tech and not with practicalities such as wear resistance—they're definitely not making it into the Arc'Teryx LEAF gear. My Arc'Teryx Norvan SL is really delicate relative to other outdoor gear. Still awesome though.

39 minutes ago, bboysparrow said:

Yeah nothing lasts forever I suppose. Either try and help foster the community but if you can't...Well then say peace, move on, be happy for the memories.

Maybe people just want to be helpful to other people showing them obscure sites carrying acronym. Good intentions. Once we get to bot level though...Were going to need a lot more than captcha.

It already is at bot level. Acronym pieces aren't produced at the quantities that require one nor did it have the fame that ever needed one so no one bothered to write one. So what happens when Acronym drops an epic piece and hundreds or thousands of people worldwide wanting it? Profit margins will be absurd and people will cop to flip as already proven by that moron listing his L and XL gear on Grailed.

Like @bluecrush already said: "Gone are the days where I could open the website and atleast have some time to browse the collection, and choose the pieces that I wanted."

People have page monitors targeted at all of these sites already and honestly the only thing stopping me from writing a bot is my code of ethics. Believe it or not I'm not a fan of reselling, be it sneakers or clothing. I think it's pathetic and I don't need a side hustle. But I'm not going to lie though, seeing emails of order confirmations while sleeping in is pretty damn tempting.

Edited by vir2L

Regardless of whether or not 'the bot problem' exists for Acronym drops, I do appreciate that other users have guided me to the right places. I am new to higher end fashion and exploring several different styles at the moment so am not aware of a lot of the smaller retailers that carry these brands. I was able to cop a J1TS-S in my size and am very excited to receive my first outerwear from Acronym (I have a couple of their sneakers already and they are my favorite shoes in my wardrobe).

However, as a new member I do wish that the older members wouldn't so quickly throw the newbies under the bus and threaten to abandon the community. There might be some trend-following hype-beasts that join the wave and others who are simply buying to resell for profit but please consider that there are definitely a group of people who have just been introduced to a style that they believe fits their persona and character and try to welcome us with a warmer embrace - some of us just might stick around long enough to become a veteran like you.

Either way, I'm glad I've been experimenting with different fits lately and am very excited to receive my Acrnm. Thanks to everyone here who volunteered information without prejudice or expectation of anything in return. 

1 hour ago, vir2L said:

Wow, how annoying. The black jacket I wanted was sold out already.

Errolson was right: "Used to be #ΛCRИMweek ... Now it's more like #ΛCRИMhour 

You guys hate on resellers but you guys have yourselves to blame when everyone keeps name dropping these sites on a public forum. God knows how many lurkers are in this topic.

Too much hype now and I did not want to pursue this road but desperate times call for desperate measures.

#FW17botseason

Ban this dude @sufu1

5 minutes ago, goodtimeshaxor said:

Regardless of whether or not 'the bot problem' exists for Acronym drops, I do appreciate that other users have guided me to the right places. I am new to higher end fashion and exploring several different styles at the moment so am not aware of a lot of the smaller retailers that carry these brands. I was able to cop a J1TS-S in my size and am very excited to receive my first outerwear from Acronym (I have a couple of their sneakers already and they are my favorite shoes in my wardrobe).

However, as a new member I do wish that the older members wouldn't so quickly throw the newbies under the bus and threaten to abandon the community. There might be some trend-following hype-beasts that join the wave and others who are simply buying to resell for profit but please consider that there are definitely a group of people who have just been introduced to a style that they believe fits their persona and character and try to welcome us with a warmer embrace - some of us just might stick around long enough to become a veteran like you.

Either way, I'm glad I've been experimenting with different fits lately and am very excited to receive my Acrnm. Thanks to everyone here who volunteered information without prejudice or expectation of anything in return. 

Very VERY excited to actually receive my first piece too IF my order makes it through a-okay.

If I'm not mistaken, I think quite a few of the guys who have been around since the early days are frustrated that, because subnet for individual buyers has been deactivated, they're no longer able to browse and then purchase the brand they've helped build. (Let's be honest, none of you would think this shit was cool if it wasn't for them. Thank ASAP, John Mayer, Robin Williams and William Gibson all you want but, very few people would be familiar with the brand if it wasn't for the Acronym dedicated thread here.)

2 minutes ago, phillasher said:

do you guys mind not complaining about prices and not being able to cop b/c too slow? this is a clothing forum, not your psychiatrist. thank you.

Lol there's standards to talk about $1500 Goretex jackets and a zipper that doesn't get stuck? Let it be, it's only corner of the internet to talking about it and it's factors. 

It is quite weird though. I had plenty of time to research sizing and buy the J47A-GT and J1A-GT without refreshing this thread or really paying attention to what time it drops. Now with the recent release I was literally refreshing Haven page, where I saw each piece showing up one by one, with the J1TS-S having literally 1 in every size

15 minutes ago, goodtimeshaxor said:

Can't say I disagree.  Most were up on Acronym since the days of low fidelity videos and are just now able to delve into these pieces.  I myself unleashed a berserker barrage on most of the SS-16 through FW-16/17 line early last year and am now fully up-armored.  None of it is going anywhere.  To the OG's, it only gets better.

17 minutes ago, vir2L said:

-69 rep, joined March 2017.

Thank you for proving my point. IIRC, you're also that guy defending resellers. No surprise there.

lol please read more carefully. i was just pointing out the fact that OG guys are reselling too so either be consistent with the hate or that's just hypocritical. And I like how you pointed out my pt rep as if that means anything. I'm not the one here saying they're gonna build bots. we don't need people like you here.

Yo. I'm new. Been lurking for a hot minute. I try and help with fabric info, duty questions, wild speculation. Regarding trading and selling, If you interact with me like a human or ursine mammal I will treat you respectfully and not try and gouge you. (S/O Bryan, Phil, Frank, Anthony, Jeff, Ed—that's right all your government names out here!!!) Let's all get along—we're on a forum for our techwear subculture. Do it for the culture. 

17 minutes ago, phillasher said:

lol please read more carefully. i was just pointing out the fact that OG guys are reselling too so either be consistent with the hate or that's just hypocritical. And I like how you pointed out my pt rep as if that means anything. I'm not the one here saying they're gonna build bots. we don't need people like you here.

You're out of your element Donny.  I think this was covered in earlier pages, but buying with the intent of keeping and then taking what the market will pay, versus buying with the intent of reselling are two different things.  Yes, taking the example you posted out of context of the user's past history with the brand doesn't look favorable.  But I can just as easily point to these past sales, and argue that he's made getting into the brand easier by making pieces available at lower price points.

https://www.grailed.com/listings/387303-Acronym-3A-7TS-Backpack

https://www.grailed.com/listings/387182-Acronym-J40-S

https://www.grailed.com/listings/836727-Acronym-P10-E-Olive

https://www.grailed.com/listings/836726-Acronym-J1A-GT-Black

https://www.grailed.com/listings/836723-Acronym-P10A-S-Black-Size-M

https://www.grailed.com/listings/1108431-Acronym-S-P5TS-Black

https://www.grailed.com/listings/1055291-Acronym-P20-S-RAF-Size-M

https://www.grailed.com/listings/1108418-Acronym-LA3-WS

With the influx of resellers, if he, or anyone else that has been following the brand for a while, were to do this now, a entrepreneurial minded person would immediately purchase and repost for twice the value.  That is why I don't mind certain people posting for above retail to protect against this behavior.   But when an unknown player comes into the market with the most hyped pieces of a season in random sizes a day after the drop and asks for offers, I'm going to call them out.  So I would disagree that "OGs" are being inconsistent with their hate.  Also, if you read vir2l's post, he is not going to build a bot.

5 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Yo. I'm new. Been lurking for a hot minute. I try and help with fabric info, duty questions, wild speculation. Regarding trading and selling, If you interact with me like a human or ursine mammal I will treat you respectfully and not try and gouge you. (S/O Bryan, Phil, Frank, Anthony, Jeff, Ed—that's right all your government names out here!!!) Let's all get along—we're on a forum for our techwear subculture. Do it for the culture. 

*migos voice* yuh yuh yuh yuh

17 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

You're out of your element Donny.  I think this was covered in earlier pages, but buying with the intent of keeping and then taking what the market will pay, versus buying with the intent of reselling are two different things.  Yes, taking the example you posted out of context of the user's past history with the brand doesn't look favorable.  But I can just as easily point to these past sales, and argue that he's made getting into the brand easier by making pieces available at lower price points.

https://www.grailed.com/listings/387303-Acronym-3A-7TS-Backpack

https://www.grailed.com/listings/387182-Acronym-J40-S

https://www.grailed.com/listings/836727-Acronym-P10-E-Olive

https://www.grailed.com/listings/836726-Acronym-J1A-GT-Black

https://www.grailed.com/listings/836723-Acronym-P10A-S-Black-Size-M

https://www.grailed.com/listings/1108431-Acronym-S-P5TS-Black

https://www.grailed.com/listings/1055291-Acronym-P20-S-RAF-Size-M

https://www.grailed.com/listings/1108418-Acronym-LA3-WS

With the influx of resellers, if he, or anyone else that has been following the brand for a while, were to do this now, a entrepreneurial minded person would immediately purchase and repost for twice the value.  That is why I don't mind certain people posting for above retail to protect against this behavior.   But when an unknown player comes into the market with the most hyped pieces of a season in random sizes a day after the drop and asks for offers, I'm going to call them out.  So I would disagree that "OGs" are being inconsistent with their hate.  Also, if you read vir2l's post, he is not going to build a bot.

he didnt sell at those prices out of the kindness in his heart lol as for that acr reseller, 100% agreed its warranted. and what are you reading dude? all of vir2l say along the lines of "desperate times calls for desperate measures" "botsseason" "tempting to make bots"

42 minutes ago, phillasher said:

he didnt sell at those prices out of the kindness in his heart lol as for that acr reseller, 100% agreed its warranted. and what are you reading dude? all of vir2l say along the lines of "desperate times calls for desperate measures" "botsseason" "tempting to make bots"

I guess sarcasm doesn't translate over text well with all you newbloods.

I don't need a bot for Acronym. I never did and probably never will. The entry ceiling is too high for most people and Acrnm.com is able to handle all the traffic during release day which indicates to me that demand isn't quite up to hypebeast levels yet but inventory will still move super quickly.

If I really wanted a piece, I have other means of obtaining the collection (protip: being a part of the OG subnet access crew as well as being polite helps a lot, you should try it sometime.) I figured with this season being somewhat lackluster, I wouldn't have to resort to those methods.

Just an FYI, five of the sites that stock Acronym are already bot-able. It's ironic how fast you're throwing stones at random people yet you're still so blatant about your modus operandi.

Edited by vir2L