Acronym.

Westbrook

1 minute ago, CARLOOA said:

I tried it on, didn't really feel it. I'm not really down with the overshirt concept. It was slimmer and more constricting than the component shirt—not as much give as other "technical" shirts.

Ah ok good to know. Thing about living here is nowhere stocks this stuff so I never get the opportunity to try anything on.

Might cop an ACR shirt and just see how I go... what's the worst that'll happen!

4 minutes ago, Cairxoxo said:

Ah ok good to know. Thing about living here is nowhere stocks this stuff so I never get the opportunity to try anything on.

Might cop an ACR shirt and just see how I go... what's the worst that'll happen!

If you don't like it just sell it, for not too much above retail ;)

33 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Kinda off topic but IMO the 2015/2016 FW Veilance Component Shirt is the GOAT tech shirt nyco front, merino paneling, napoleon pocket. Also the current SISP holster shirt with the mandarin collar is awesome. I have a LA6-DS and it's dope but it had quick interior piling—that shit drives me crazy. The veilance was 350, the SISP was 300, the LA7-DS was 600ish. Don't get me wrong, I'll still blow $ on Acronym shirts.

lol oops. Will teach me to read more carefully... The Component shirts are indeed the shit. I have a SISP shirt from around that time but I'm not as much of fan of the collar (too big) and it doesn't breathe fantastically.

Edited by drgitlin
I'm an idiot

1 hour ago, bluecrush said:

Anyone else impressed by the J47R-GT? From the leaks I thought it'd be a J47-GT with a Raccagni zip, but it's much more than that.

Changing the logo tape from vertical to horizontal and reinforcing the seams along the hood, sleeve cuffs and hem give the jacket a totally different vibe from its predecessor. The new paneling along the shoulders make it look more aggressively Acronym than the old J47 as well.

The only thing that's turning me off is the lack of an escape zip.

If the copy under the photos is to be believed, "zip a" actually is an escape zip. Possibly a typo, but have a look on the website.

9 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

If the copy under the photos is to be believed, "zip a" actually is an escape zip. Possibly a typo, but have a look on the website.

I saw that too! Most definitely a typo, as Yoshiii said.

AuxZip. What is it?

On the J1TS product page it's mentioned under subsystems

ForceLockǽ
JacketSlingǽ
EscapeZipǽ 
SpeedLockǽ 
Gravity Pocketǽ
AuxZipǽ ( F )

I'm assuming the F stands for some sort of female connector because under "Interface With" we have

All ACRONYM INTEROPSǽ bags
All ACRONYM 3RD ARM Modular [ M ] pockets
All ACRONYM AuxZipǽ ( M ) units

Is this just their way of saying it has a collar zip for zipping in the insulator? Or is this something else entirely?

Now I know what that damn jacket reminds me of- this jackass: 

IMG_2714.JPG

No offense to anyone interested in said jacket. 

Edited by brainerd666

there is another drop coming. when i dont know, but i confirmed w retailer this is one of two drops. subnet orders for both shipments already placed.

8 minutes ago, nodre said:

there is another drop coming. when i dont know, but i confirmed w retailer this is one of two drops. subnet orders for both shipments already placed.

In before "I hope there is a J28/J36/J47" post. He's giving us the art and you ingrates are whining he's not doing his "Bohemian Rhapsody." "Somebody to love" and "Fat Bottom Girls" are amazing songs too!

51 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

Now I know what that damn jacket reminds me of- this jackass: 

No offense to anyone interested in said jacket. 

I thought the look was more inspired by old samurai armor. Call me crazy, but the hood and TS chest looks like the helmet and chest plate.

Don't get me wrong though, I personally like it and got one for myself.

A5476C28-02FA-4714-8F7C-98F3B0F71616-10670-000007A9B5BDD155.jpeg

5BD95A60-51BB-474C-BF6F-FA7DF4EA25AA-10670-000007AA236A7CBD.jpeg

1 minute ago, CARLOOA said:

In before "I hope there is a J28/J36/J47" post. He's giving us the art and you ingrates are whining he's not doing his "Bohemian Rhapsody." "Somebody to love" and "Fat Bottom Girls" are amazing songs too!

I think people are warming up to the drop. Many are just pissed that so much Tec Sys equipped pieces are coming out with no modulars except this foil stuff...

15 minutes ago, Questlove said:

I thought the look was more inspired by old samurai armor. Call me crazy, but the hood and TS chest looks like the helmet and chest plate.

Don't get me wrong though, I personally like it and got one for myself.

A5476C28-02FA-4714-8F7C-98F3B0F71616-10670-000007A9B5BDD155.jpeg

5BD95A60-51BB-474C-BF6F-FA7DF4EA25AA-10670-000007AA236A7CBD.jpeg

That's a much more flattering/inspired way of looking at it. USAgent is one of the worst Marvel characters ever... S'funny as just last night I was walking home in the rain in my J34-GTPL thinking what a wonderful mix of different traditional Japanese influenced silhouettes are apparent in said jacket(the J34 that is). 

Edited by brainerd666

12 minutes ago, analog29 said:

Just curious, but has anyone received their shipping notifications yet? I can't remember how soon Acronym starts shipping their product after it launches. 

From ACR direct? Don't think so. It is 5:30am~ in Germany right now though. Probably start seeing them within the next 12 hours.

Question for those with epic gear: do you use dwr on it? I know epic is designed to work without it, but it could certainly be more waterproof. My only worry is that the dwr might damage the silicon coating and further degrade its natural repellency.

26 minutes ago, Cairxoxo said:

From ACR direct? Don't think so. It is 5:30am~ in Germany right now though. Probably start seeing them within the next 12 hours.

I dunno man. Took them 7 days to ship my orders last season.

23 minutes ago, tv_ice said:

Question for those with epic gear: do you use dwr on it? I know epic is designed to work without it, but it could certainly be more waterproof. My only worry is that the dwr might damage the silicon coating and further degrade its natural repellency.

Don't do shit to epic. Also don't dry clean it either. Just cold wash.

1 hour ago, nodre said:

Which one was it? Idol & Darkside denied anything was happening. Haven said it'd be a small one, as the major stuff had released already.

re: modular pouches and molle, if you're in a gun owning area molle reads as military/gun owner. leaving stuff not attached to it actually looks safer imo so I wouldn't sweat missing out on the pouches to much. In Germany and England I'm sure it's not a problem but in Texas someone with a molle backpack or jacket the guy has a gun for sure (also whys he wearing a hard shell it's the temperature of the sun here). Probably an unneeded PSA but if you see skittish cops side eyeing you that's why

6 hours ago, Cairxoxo said:

Never copped any of the ACR shirts... any particular you would recommend? Most of my shirts are merino already or just cheap cotton (mix of Outlier, Wool & Prince and American Apparel).

This seasons shadow project shirt is real nice. Managed to get one with discount at my flagship SI store.

https://shop.havenshop.ca/search?search={q=shadow project shirt collarless}

1 hour ago, capnpyro said:

re: modular pouches and molle, if you're in a gun owning area molle reads as military/gun owner. leaving stuff not attached to it actually looks safer imo so I wouldn't sweat missing out on the pouches to much. In Germany and England I'm sure it's not a problem but in Texas someone with a molle backpack or jacket the guy has a gun for sure (also whys he wearing a hard shell it's the temperature of the sun here). Probably an unneeded PSA but if you see skittish cops side eyeing you that's why

Even here in Australia people would look at you very strangely if you had mod pouches on your chest with molle, and barely anyone has guns.

15 minutes ago, konrvadsk said:

This seasons shadow project shirt is real nice. Managed to get one with discount at my flagship SI store.

https://shop.havenshop.ca/search?search={q=shadow project shirt collarless}

They look pretty nice too. Will check it out thanks.

16 minutes ago, Cairxoxo said:

Even here in Australia people would look at you very strangely if you had mod pouches on your chest with molle, and barely anyone has guns.

They look pretty nice too. Will check it out thanks.

Shout out to a fellow Aussie. I reckon I'd be arrested wearing chest covered MOLLE, already got stopped once by the Police with a MOLLE covered bag.