Acronym.

Westbrook

1 minute ago, GFNS said:

For all the negative J1TS-S talk, there is no denying it was the nucleus of this drop.  Additionally, the 2-Tone at that...

Agreed. I was luckily able to cop one as well as both sets of modulars. Such a shame so few modulars dropped. I can see why its a divisive jacket, but I love it. Instant classic IMO

do all these retailers charge the same amount for these garments? wondering if any retailers are cheaper? not sure if this is a dumb question. if there are differences in price.. does anyone have an account of the prices at the different retailers?

15 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Agreed. I was luckily able to cop one as well as both sets of modulars. Such a shame so few modulars dropped. I can see why its a divisive jacket, but I love it. Instant classic IMO

Amen on the shamefulness of the low modular count.  3A-MZ4 around the corner maybe?

13 minutes ago, nodre said:

do all these retailers charge the same amount for these garments? wondering if any retailers are cheaper? not sure if this is a dumb question. if there are differences in price.. does anyone have an account of the prices at the different retailers?

For the most part, yes. Europe is usually cheaper if buying from US even after customs (make sure to have it marked down by claiming correct garment code). But even in the US, it depends on retailer.

Worst retailer? Kith. Second worst? Union, especially if you live in Cali. 

Best? Bureaubelfast

Edited by vir2L

2 minutes ago, GFNS said:

Amen on the shamefulness of the low modular count.  3A-MZ4 around the corner maybe?

All signs point to another drop some time soon. We can only hope.

I'm guessing P10TS in S and CH, foil bags and more and different foil modulars, maybe that leather looking jacket that E hasn't taken off since January.

3 minutes ago, vir2L said:

For the most part, yes. Europe is usually cheaper if buying from US. But even in the US, it depends on retailer.

Worst retailer? Kith. Second worst? Union, especially if you live in Cali. 

Best? Bureaubelfast

Agreed regarding The Bureau.  I've never seen orders get tossed up so quickly.  They're Johnny Mnemonic with their FedEx account.

2 minutes ago, Voyager said:

All signs point to another drop some time soon. We can only hope.

I'm guessing P10TS in S and CH, foil bags and more and different foil modulars, maybe that leather looking jacket that E hasn't taken off since January.

More foil...  :ph34r2:  Then I wonder why people are starting to tell me I look like a futuristic vagrant.  BTW, am I the only one who feels sorry for the shirts?  Nobody wants shirts?

6 minutes ago, eidolarr said:

Can anyone compare the high-density gabardine in the J1TS-S to Goretex pro in the J1A-GT?

What do you want to know? I got the TS today and the gt at home, how can i help you?

Just now, eidolarr said:

How different do they "feel"? Is the high density also noisy? How water resistant is it? How heavy? How structured?

Completely different... I have the J1 gabardine in raf green, i guess is the same as the TS, so here it goes:

Very diferent in many aspects. The high density is not noisy like the gt. In a way its like the material of a dockers, obviously more robust and better, but so you can imagine.

It is resistant , and i will keep you dry for a good period of time but not waterprof as the GT.

Heavy, dont have the weight but its heavier than the GT, it feels more robust....

Hope this can help you!!!

51 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I didn't like the TS on the chest, but that two-tone was amazing, as well as those shoulder pockets.

40 minutes ago, GFNS said:

More foil...  :ph34r2:  Then I wonder why people are starting to tell me I look like a futuristic vagrant.  BTW, am I the only one who feels sorry for the shirts?  Nobody wants shirts?

The LA6B this season is just a button up variant of the awesome zipped LA6 from a few seasons ago, it's nothing really new. If you've already got an Acrnm shirt (and I've got 4), there's nothing about this one that would make you want another one unfortunately. E does make a great shirt though.

8 minutes ago, Dolphinski said:

The LA6B this season is just a button up variant of the awesome zipped LA6 from a few seasons ago, it's nothing really new. If you've already got an Acrnm shirt (and I've got 4), there's nothing about this one that would make you want another one unfortunately. E does make a great shirt though.

I didn't like the LA6 Because the button placement on the collar felt so off. I sold my LA7-DS because the length was a bit too long and tended to flare out at the bottom. LA6 fit what I wanted and I got it. Missed the S15-DS couple seasons ago and got the S19-DS instead. I'm super happy I can be head to toe in DS and wouldn't have it any other way. (unless southern california gets more awesome rain like this past winter.)

3 minutes ago, bboysparrow said:

I didn't like the LA6 Because the button placement on the collar felt so off. I sold my LA7-DS because the length was a bit too long and tended to flare out at the bottom. LA6 fit what I wanted and I got it. Missed the S15-DS couple seasons ago and got the S19-DS instead. I'm super happy I can be head to toe in DS and wouldn't have it any other way. (unless southern california gets more awesome rain like this past winter.)

Come to Seattle. Acronym weather all winter. Hahaha.

Anyone else impressed by the J47R-GT? From the leaks I thought it'd be a J47-GT with a Raccagni zip, but it's much more than that.

Changing the logo tape from vertical to horizontal and reinforcing the seams along the hood, sleeve cuffs and hem give the jacket a totally different vibe from its predecessor. The new paneling along the shoulders make it look more aggressively Acronym than the old J47 as well.

The only thing that's turning me off is the lack of an escape zip.

3 minutes ago, bluecrush said:

Anyone else impressed by the J47R-GT? From the leaks I thought it'd be a J47-GT with a Raccagni zip, but it's much more than that.

Yep. Was already a massive fan of the J47-GT, but glad this is as you said much more than just a J47 with a different zip.

Ended up buying it, should be around $1900AUD landed direct from Acronym which isn't toooooo bad. Will just end up throwing it on here if I don't like it in person.

14 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Come to Seattle. Acronym weather all winter. Hahaha.

Melbourne too! Can't wait til it cools down properly.

Edited by Cairxoxo

31 minutes ago, Dolphinski said:

Never copped any of the ACR shirts... any particular you would recommend? Most of my shirts are merino already or just cheap cotton (mix of Outlier, Wool & Prince and American Apparel).

23 minutes ago, Cairxoxo said:

Never copped any of the ACR shirts... any particular you would recommend? Most of my shirts are merino already or just cheap cotton (mix of Outlier, Wool & Prince and American Apparel).

Not Dolphinski but I can chime in. I own a S8-DS and have tried the LA7-DS and will soon receive the S19-DS and LA6B-DS. The DS fabric is perfect for my needs in a dry hot climate. The material itself is very durable, has a nice amount of stretch (especially the P10-DS feels like I'm wearing yoga pants). It will never fade because its not cotton so it stays black forever. It is nice and thin but it will not keep you warm. It doesn't have the weight or thickness. 

I have some outlier Merino tees (Ultrafine, Runweight, and Cotton weight). Comparatively its closest to the runweight tee but its not shiny at all. Very much a matte color. Its slightly thicker than the runweight but much less then the Ultrafine merino tee. 

I gotta give caution out there though that the price of Acronyms shirts and Tees are definitely high fashion price items. Do I love my $400 Acronym tee? Yeah but is it $325 better than my outlier runweight tee on a strictly materials level? I pay the high price because I like acronym.

Edited by bboysparrow

13 minutes ago, bboysparrow said:

Not Dolphinski but I can chime in. I own a S8-DS and have tried the LA7-DS and will soon receive the S19-DS and LA6B-DS. The DS fabric is perfect for my needs in a dry hot climate. The material itself is very durable, has a nice amount of stretch (especially the P10-DS feels like I'm wearing yoga pants). It will never fade because its not cotton so it stays black forever. It is nice and thin but it will not keep you warm. It doesn't have the weight or thickness. 

I have some outlier Merino tees (Ultrafine, Runweight, and Cotton weight). Comparatively its closest to the runweight tee but its not shiny at all. Very much a matte color. Its slightly thicker than the runweight but much less then the Ultrafine merino tee. 

I gotta give caution out there though that the price of Acronyms shirts and Tees are definitely high fashion price teems. Do I love my $400 Acronym tee? Yeah but is it $325 better than my outlier runweight tee on a strictly materials level? I pay the high price because I like acronym.

Thanks for the very detailed response.

It's (normally) very dry here in summer, so the DS shirts sound pretty perfect for that. My Outlier generally tend to get too hot to wear unfortunately. It can reach 45C here during summer (113 Freedom Units), so a shirt that doesn't actually keep you that warm is perfect haha. Then I just layer in winter anyway.

Definitely good advice about the price as well. How durable are they you think? Do they last awhile? I've got no problems dropping that level of cash on something if I'll get decent wear out of it. Like just buying that J47R... expensive, but I'll wear it for years and years.

Edited by Cairxoxo

15 minutes ago, bboysparrow said:

I gotta give caution out there though that the price of Acronyms shirts and Tees are definitely high fashion price items. Do I love my $400 Acronym tee? Yeah but is it $325 better than my outlier runweight tee on a strictly materials level? I pay the high price because I like acronym.

Kinda off topic but IMO the 2015/2016 FW Veilance Component Shirt is the GOAT tech shirt nyco front, merino paneling, napoleon pocket. Also the current SISP holster shirt with the mandarin collar is awesome. I have a LA6-DS and it's dope but it had quick interior piling—that shit drives me crazy. The veilance was 350, the SISP was 300, the LA7-DS was 600ish. Don't get me wrong, I'll still blow $ on Acronym shirts.

Edited by CARLOOA

6 minutes ago, Cairxoxo said:

Thanks for the very detailed response.

It's (normally) very dry here in summer, so the DS shirts sound pretty perfect for that. My Outlier generally tend to get too hot to wear unfortunately. It can reach 45C here during summer (113 Freedom Units), so a shirt that doesn't actually keep you that warm is perfect haha. Then I just layer in winter anyway.

Definitely good advice about the price as well. How durable are they you think? Do they last awhile? I've got no problems dropping that level of cash on something if I'll get decent wear out of it. Like just buying that J47R... expensive, but I'll wear it for years and years.

For me its been very durable. some people report pilling on the inside of the fabric but I haven't had much of that yet and I wear a backpack to school each day and skate to class roughly about a kilometer+ 4 days a week and no pilling where the backpacks been pressing on it. I think for me theyll last as long as I don't outgrow the super long hems.

I'm sure this is not a problem for many on here but...if youre going to buy these shirts/tank tops/tees youre going to be wearing black up top often 

7 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Kinda off topic but IMO the 2015/2016 FW Veilance Component Shirt is the GOAT tech shirt nyco front, merino paneling, napoleon pocket. Also the current SISP holster shirt with the mandarin collar is awesome. I have a LA6-DS and it's dope but it had quick interior piling—that shit drives me crazy. The veilance was 350, the SISP was 300, the LA7-DS was 600ish. Don't get me wrong, I'll still blow $ on Acronym shirts.

Any thoughts/experience with the Field Overshirt?

2 minutes ago, bboysparrow said:

For me its been very durable. some people report pilling on the inside of the fabric but I haven't had much of that yet and I wear a backpack to school each day and skate to class roughly about a kilometer+ 4 days a week and no pilling where the backpacks been pressing on it. I think for me theyll last as long as I don't outgrow the super long hems.

I'm sure this is not a problem for many on here but...if youre going to buy these shirts/tank tops/tees youre going to be wearing black up top often 

That's good to know... may look at picking one up. I assume the long hems are similar in fit to Outlier Ultrafine? 

And yea, no problem with wearing black haha.

2 minutes ago, bboysparrow said:

Nah man look at the measurements of the S19-DS. The length of the small is 82cm compared to the 70cm of a small Outlier Ultrafine. I'm not much of a layering guy and wear these solo but you do need a type of build to make it work.

Oh wow so much longer, I'm above average but not super tall. Will have to research that a bit. Definitely need a fairly lean build to pull that off.

10 minutes ago, Cairxoxo said:

Any thoughts/experience with the Field Overshirt?

13 minutes ago, bboysparrow said:

I tried it on, didn't really feel it. I'm not really down with the overshirt concept. It was slimmer and more constricting than the component shirt—not as much give as other "technical" shirts.