Acronym.

Westbrook

What you folks outside the EU have to remember is that we in the EE (for now at least, shut up already, don't get me effing started) have to pay 20% tax by default, so you probably get it Statestide for less than us anyhow and given the weakness of the GBP I'd be rubbing my hands together ! 

Looks like a decent enough SS release to me. Only one GT offering (and a re-release at that) seems a bit anticlimactic.

Where's J59 and J60, E? 

I suppose this J61-WS will be our preview of the J61-GT coming in 6 months.

Looking at retail prices on retailers sites isn't going to tell you how much it'll be from acronym directly. Certain retailers have better prices than others. Take Forward for example:

http://www.fwrd.com/mens-brand-acronym/a1392c/

They still have lots of stuff that's sold out elsewhere since they price their items outrageously. Hotoveli's prices are jacked up typically. End usually doesn't have that big of a markup.

11 minutes ago, TechwearEnthusiast said:

It may not be cheap but why does it add 300 to the price? Its basically adding half the price of p10's for a small amount of tec sys. Just seems like a shitty deal to me. 

There's always more to the price than cost of materials.  People don't work for free :P

10 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Looking at retail prices on retailers sites isn't going to tell you how much it'll be from acronym directly. Certain retailers have better prices than others. Take Forward for example:

http://www.fwrd.com/mens-brand-acronym/a1392c/

They still have lots of stuff that's sold out elsewhere since they price their items outrageously. Hotoveli's prices are jacked up typically. End usually doesn't have that big of a markup.

Yeah forward its very expensive.. its a no no for me!

46 minutes ago, piece keeper said:

There's always more to the price than cost of materials.  People don't work for free :P

Most definitely, its just that I can't really see where all that money went in this case. I've been able to get why most of ACR's stuff is expensive, like their jackets, pants etc. But when you take a pair of pants and strap some webbing on the sides and multiply the price by 1.5 (or just in general taking an existing item, adding something relatively small, and then charging a a hefty price for that small addition)It just seems a little outrageous. I could be dead wrong tho and working with tec sys might require a lot of time or effort to get it done right.

Edited by TechwearEnthusiast

1 hour ago, TechwearEnthusiast said:

Most definitely, its just that I can't really see where all that money went in this case. I've been able to get why most of ACR's stuff is expensive, like their jackets, pants etc. But when you take a pair of pants and strap some webbing on the sides and multiply the price by 1.5 (or just in general taking an existing item, adding something relatively small, and then charging a a hefty price for that small addition)It just seems a little outrageous. I could be dead wrong tho and working with tec sys might require a lot of time or effort to get it done right.

Somebody else has said this before: the price reflects the market position, no more no less. The brand can price its goods higher than before simply due to its market command, especially following the wave of interest it's received lately. This is even before factoring in any real increases in cost (labour, materials, factory overhead, R&D / design work and such).

I can see where you're coming from, but there's no use trying to attribute the price hike to some extra rows of webbing (or in the case of the J47R, the Raccagni zip) and so forth. Also, if you're worried about prices now, just wait until you see next season :P

1 hour ago, TechwearEnthusiast said:

Price points reflect their market position. The cost of P10s are most people's pants budget for a lifetime the whole thing is outrageous. 

EDIT: what mans above me said. 

Edited by jediswayze

Anyone with a J1A-GT or J1B-S spec-sheet can tell me if under "Interfaces with:" it lists insulators (or anywhere else on the sheet)?  Basically wondering if the J1TS-S will have liner compatibility, and from the spec-sheet a few pages back it makes no mention of insulators so I wonder if this means it does not have insulator zips.

3 minutes ago, jediswayze said:

Price points reflect their market position. The cost of P10s are most people's pants budget for a lifetime the whole thing is outrageous. 

I was prepared to pay my lifetimes pants budget but now I have to throw in the equivalent of my lifetimes sock budget as well? :P

Well, more complaining wont do me any good, and if they don't release any other p10's I migh just  be an impatient cunt and cop them anyway. If I really dislike them there's always the possibility to return them. 

2 minutes ago, piece keeper said:

Anyone with a J1A-GT or J1B-S spec-sheet can tell me if under "Interfaces with:" it lists insulators (or anywhere else on the sheet)?  Basically wondering if the J1TS-S will have liner compatibility, and from the spec-sheet a few pages back it makes no mention of insulators so I wonder if this means it does not have insulator zips.

Yes it does.

4 minutes ago, piece keeper said:

J1B-S spec sheet doesn't mention liner capabilities.

Also did anyone notice on the J1TS-S spec sheet the "hem expansion zip" caption on the 4th picture?

Re: pricing, the thought that "price reflects market position, no more no less," is facile.  There's no way any business survives without considering COGS.  I'm not trying to defend a $300+ hike for TS, and I certainly can entertain that at least part of that is because of market position, but for it to be 100% attributed to market position and nothing else is dumb.

1 minute ago, piece keeper said:

Re: pricing, the thought that "price reflects market position, no more no less," is facile.  There's no way any business survives without considering COGS.  I'm not trying to defend a $300+ hike for TS, and I certainly can entertain that at least part of that is because of market position, but for it to be 100% attributed to market position and nothing else is dumb.

Oh yes, we're going here again! I love this discussion and the people who will argue that market position is the only determinant for pricing.

If anything, hiking prices hopefully takes a cut out of the resellers' pockets. I'd rather more of the money go towards the brand to fund their creativity than go to some kid on grailed trying to turn a profit.

14 minutes ago, piece keeper said:

9 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Oh yes, we're going here again! I love this discussion and the people who will argue that market position is the only determinant for pricing.

Haha I'll bite. I agree with you guys, I probably worded my last post too strongly but you're picking at semantics and missing the point :unsure: 

I think it's common sense that any business will aim to achieve a certain margin over cost of sales to stay profitable. Just trying to emphasise that the market and brand position that Acronym has achieved for itself plays a big factor in the higher prices this season. It's not just because of extra grids of tech-sys and whatnot. People tend to forget that Acronym is a luxury brand and pricing does work differently in this market space.  

14 minutes ago, chaosen said:

Haha I'll bite. I agree with you guys, I probably worded my last post too strongly but you're picking at semantics and missing the point :unsure: 

I think it's common sense that any business will aim to achieve a certain margin over cost of sales to stay profitable. Just trying to emphasise that the market and brand position that Acronym has achieved for itself plays a big factor in the higher prices this season. It's not just because of extra grids of tech-sys and whatnot. People tend to forget that Acronym is a luxury brand and pricing does work differently in this market space.  

perhaps Acr is overconfident in its increased brand position; it had one hit with the prestos and we all know the DAFs sold out quick b/c of reseller greed 

26 minutes ago, chaosen said:

Seems reasonable to say Acronym is having a moment with the Nike exposure, but I empathize with og fans wanting a better reason to justify paying more every season for the exact same shit 

the primary reason that acr pants cost almost a grand is because people will drop that kind of money on them.

that said: acr thrives on experimental, outrageous shit. they also like going way past the point of diminishing returns when it comes to construction, detailing and raw materials. imagine the amount of leeway these margins give a company like that. they'd be crazy not to make hay while the sun shines.