Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, Yoshiii said:

I've always liked the idea of a J47. A minimal waterproof jacket, a contrast to the aesthetic I normally like. So the J47R will be high priority for me, unless it costs €1500 like that guy said, that'd be too much.

I'm intrigued by the J1TS and P10TS too. Though from what I've read here and elsewhere the DS fabric doesn't stack well / sit nice, if that's the case I'll be trying to searching for some previous season P10A's

1500 doesn't seem like an exaggerated price given the trend of previous drops. . 

1 hour ago, Yoshiii said:

I've always liked the idea of a J47. A minimal waterproof jacket, a contrast to the aesthetic I normally like. So the J47R will be high priority for me, unless it costs €1500 like that guy said, that'd be too much.

I'm intrigued by the J1TS and P10TS too. Though from what I've read here and elsewhere the DS fabric doesn't stack well / sit nice, if that's the case I'll be trying to searching for some previous season P10A's

I've had P10s in every flavour and DS is easily my favourite. Try running up a flight of stairs in a pair of P10s in different materials and you'll feel the difference immediately, the stretch in the DS suits the cut perfectly in my opinion, with stotz being the most ergonomically restrictive (i.e.range of motion). The stack really isn't a problem on P10s because of the cut. Different story of the P24s though, the stotz stack much better than the DS.

All personal opinion of course.

20 minutes ago, shoreman said:

1500 doesn't seem like an exaggerated price given the trend of previous drops. . 

I dunno. Even with the price increases, 1500 seems extreme to me. Just last season the J43A-GT went for €1327, before that we had J1A-GT at €1228. I mean shit, SS16 saw the J44L-GT priced at €994. The J47 is more basic and minimal than all of those.

I would imagine you'd see pricing similar to SS16's J32-GT which went for €941.

25 minutes ago, Jun.H said:

Ouch. For reference, the J47-GT released F/W 2015 was 675GBP.

New J47R-GT for 800 GBP cause we used raccagni zips this time :^)

6 minutes ago, Dolphinski said:

That's definitely not everything.

Yeah, I didn't think so. They usually drop tees and tanks and hoodies along with it, but I feel like that is the "bulk" of the drop though.

8 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Not sure why they have such a hard-on for these zips all of a sudden

Are you talking about the ykk zips vs the possible riri/raccani zips? 

Overall quality and ease of zipping the pieces are so much better using riri/raccagni.

You definitely can't beat the price of ykk zips but with riri/raccagni zips it just adds a little extra onto the jacket.

If what you are referring to is not that, then feel free to disregard :)

2 minutes ago, StolenBread said:

Overall quality and ease of zipping the pieces are so much better using riri/raccagni.

You definitely can't beat the price of ykk zips but with riri/raccagni zips it just adds a little extra onto the jacket.

Oh. Raccagni or Riri zips are by no means better at zipping or weatherproofing. They're heftier and polished—but they're like old crown zips on reproduction gear. They're form over function for sure. 

32 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Oh. Raccagni or Riri zips are by no means better at zipping or weatherproofing. They're heftier and polished—but they're like old crown zips on reproduction gear. They're form over function for sure. 

Fair point, it's a luxury add-on for sure, especially regarding techwear.

I'm just a fan of Raccagni after having it on some of my Rick Owens shoes, adds a little flair onto it

40 minutes ago, StolenBread said:

Yeah I did mean that. It's a preference thing and I've moaned enough about those on here so don't want to bend anyone's ear any more. I guess I'm surprised that a whole new model code gets devised just for the zip like it's a real enhancement. I don't mind it on my J53 but couldn't use it on my J50. It must be me...I'm just not too excited about that upgrade. The picture does look good though!!!

Does anybody know where I can find the measurements of the j47-gt? Want to know if i would fit in it haha! Thanks PS: I use J1A-GT size XL, but cand find the sizing on this J47

20 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Yeah I did mean that. It's a preference thing and I've moaned enough about those on here so don't want to bend anyone's ear any more. I guess I'm surprised that a whole new model code gets devised just for the zip like it's a real enhancement. I don't mind it on my J53 but couldn't use it on my J50. It must be me...I'm just not too excited about that upgrade. The picture does look good though!!!

You and me both man. I love them on the j53, which has become my favorite ACR coat—I dislike them on the J50 and the J44 and the 3A-1. You can one arm close most vislon zips. Super R's need you to place the slider and hold the grosgrain tab most of the time.

I'd also like to chime in on the raccagni zips being less than optimal at times. When fully opened on my 3ts they frequently stick and require two hands to close. I've had the bag since the late summer restock, and carry it 5-6 days a week which should be more than enough time for the zips to 'break in'. They do have a nice and rugged look, but I wish I'd caught the 3ts drop with the olive/khaki green vislon zips and matching webbing. That bag is surface of the sun hot. 

Edit: found a crappy pic from an old Grailed listing

IMG_0104.PNG

Edited by brainerd666

19 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

I'd also like to chime in on the raccagni zips being less than optimal at times. When fully opened on my 3ts they frequently stick and require two hands to close. I've had the bag since the late summer restock, and carry it 5-6 days a week which should be more than enough time for the zips to 'break in'. They do have a nice and rugged look, but I wish I'd caught the 3ts drop with the olive/khaki green vislon zips and matching webbing. That bag is surface of the sun hot. 

Edit: found a crappy pic from an old Grailed listing

IMG_0104.PNG

Rub graphite on the teeth of the Super R zip, it makes a difference on smoothness.

If i'm not mistaken, Raccagani zips would not be escape-able, correct? Atleast from my experience, all jackets I've handled with Raccagani zips did not have escape zip funcionality.