Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, thatslapz said:

Water resistance hasn't changed with Stotz fabric thickness in my experience.  I've soaked through in pants and jackets, but also been dry in the rain.  As mentioned, it depends more on how recently you washed/ironed or reproofed.  

1 hour ago, piece keeper said:

Same experience, @solographik and @Voyager.  @nigel the pants are highly water resistant when brand new, yes, but a lot of that credit goes to the fresh DWR coating. After a few months and years that'll fade, and they will soak through pretty quick. 

The thing that I like about the stotz is that you can actually re-apply the DWR. The -CH and -DS fabrics seem to explicitly warn against this. That being said, even after a fresh application, they will soak through. I ride rain/shine, and can say pretty definitively that the pants are not meant to be worn in heavy rain. The -GT shells hold up fine, but as @exhaust fumes mentioned earlier, a rain suit will work much better.

On 3/25/2017 at 1:27 PM, CARLOOA said:

Remember to size for length on big pants:

AND TO PREEMPT THE QUESTIONS IF YOU ARE NEW-ISH regarding pants and jackets: (assuming fabric choices stay the same)

FAQ:

Pant Fabrics

CH: schoeller microtwill is cotton and aramid blend (mild fire resistance so as to qualify for protective clothing HS code)—some iterations treated with coldblack UV/heat protection.

DS: schoeller dryskin is nylon.

S: stotz etaproof is long staple cotton.

Fabric Qualities

Weather Protection: S>CH>DS

Breathability: DS>CH>S.

Fabric weight is CH>S>DS.

Colorfastness: DS>CH>S.

Abrasion resistance: CH/S>DS.

Stretch: DS (4 way)>CH (2 way minimal)>S (none).

Jacket Fabrics

GT: Gore Tex Pro fully nylon construction, 3L microgrid backer, air permeable ePTFE membrane, nylon face fabric. 

WS: 2.5L fully nylon construction, air/water permeable ePTFE membrane backer, nylon face.

S: stotz etaproof is long staple cotton.

Fabric Qualities

Weather protection: GT>S>WS.

Breathability: WS/S>GT.

Colorfastness: GT/WS>S.

Abrasion resistance: GT>WS>S.

Technical Garment Care:

Use technical fabric wash. It's water based and doesn't leave residue that affect the fabric characteristics.

For jackets: single wash cold, double rinse.

For S/CH: single wash gentle cycle, no spin.

For DS: single wash cold, double rinse.

For GT/WS/S: Everything is DWR'd, this is a coating on the face fabric that allows the water to bead out. With abrasion this comes off, to reactivate wash, reapply, and depending on what DWR, tumble dry or iron. I use Grangers.

Edit:

CH/DS: 40–50 washes, just iron/tumble dry. These have proprietary fabric coating (nanosphere, coldblack, 3xdry), don't reimpregnate with off the shelf DWR. Credit to @solographik for pointing this out. Fabric nerds unite.

Got my 3A-MK1 from the latest drop and didn't have to pay Canadian duties which was nice. Also has anyone every purchased a piece from _coded? He made me a custom sidearm and iPad sleeve (attached to bag as well) and does an incredible job. Definitely would reccomend. 

Acronym-Mods-5.JPG

1 hour ago, barto said:

i wonder when the site will be updated. i seem to remember nerding out on the new stuff before it was available for purchase last season

They released it in two drops, so we got to scheme on some shit before dropping $. Also, there were some leaks. Surprising this drop doesn't have the same kinda loose lips. S/o to Errolson.

24 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

They released it in two drops, so we got to scheme on some shit before dropping $. Also, there were some leaks. Surprising this drop doesn't have the same kinda loose lips. S/o to Errolson.

i would wait a few days before the drop for leaks :D

1 hour ago, CARLOOA said:

+1 for Scheming... hahahahahaha.

10 hours ago, Voyager said:

It's a shame it's not the P24A-S. That pocket array is key.

I’ll be curious to see just how stripped down it is from the advanced version—hopefully it maintains some of that texture in the upper thigh area. 

13 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

I really hope we get some time to scheme instead of having to impulse buy everything that might be of interest. 

32 minutes ago, hoju said:

I’ll be curious to see just how stripped down it is from the advanced version—hopefully it maintains some of that texture in the upper thigh area. 

Is there a chance this is the pant Lenny is wearing in the DAF1-003 shots on acrnm.com?

IMG_2458.JPG

Edited by RemarkableArmor
Added pic

I've always been curious about that given that it's a 3rd party production, I thought that it could be a steady flow of stock with perhaps a lead time attached, in this case ACRNM are just a dropship really aren't they given Bagjack's involvement? 

We all KNOW the demand is silly huge right now and it would be in everybody's interest to make them (3rd Arm etc) stock items and a great way to help drive down costs all round and increase revenue for the brand.

Maybe I have it all wrong...