Acronym.

Westbrook

26 minutes ago, danii said:

RLY? I mean yeah there is a 70EUR difference on J57, but it's a physical store compared to ENDs and ACRNM.COMs and the stuff is imported from europe. There is 1EUR difference on the nemen cotton pieces tho. Y-3 is even cheaper at haven than at Y-3.com. SISP pants are 58EUR cheaper at haven then at END.

So keep calm and support your local store, be glad that the shop with best selection (that goes in sale) is in your country and don't cry.

It's crazy how myopic our consumerism has become that we're just purely looking at the short term savings. These stores are the reason ACRNM even has the exposure/development to bring us this shit. I'll gladly purchase from these shops to keep them alive. We're talking a 5–7% variance on shit that's $1k+ let's not be dickheads. 

How's the sizing for the P23TS? I'm a size 29 denim, 180cm tall so figured I'd need smalls. Then I came upon this horrendous styling by END...

Spoiler

15-09-2016_acronym_p23ts-chindustrialmic

Edited by Endless

15 minutes ago, Endless said:

How's the sizing for the P23TS? I'm a size 29 denim, 180cm tall so figured I'd need smalls.

You need to size your P23TSs according to the length, not the waist, since the waist of the trousers is guaranteed to be huge. You'd probably want either a medium or a large considering how tall you are.

28 minutes ago, Endless said:

How's the sizing for the P23TS? I'm a size 29 denim, 180cm tall so figured I'd need smalls. Then I came upon this horrendous styling by END...

15-09-2016_acronym_p23ts-chindustrialmic 

given your height, M is your best bet. S could work if you have relatively short legs but not gonna find any S's unless u pay a fortune. they all fit so huge that it'll feel like an ass balloon. even the end ppl (notorious for putting huge ppl into the smallest sizes possible) prolly clip it in the back to get that thigh gap.

Edited by phillasher

On 3/25/2017 at 1:06 PM, Endless said:

definitely medium or large. had to remove the picture cause i didnt want to see it on this page

16 minutes ago, gaogotspy said:

need help for the sizing of j50-s,  i'm 6 feet tall and have longer arms, for other clothes and jacket small fits ok

how does j50-s fit?

should i jack up a size to medium for j50-s? 

Check the website for the measurements. Get your normal size if you want it fitted, size up if you want to layer underneath.

10 hours ago, Maxim Kutuzov said:

All this was clear from the very beginning

IMO

Agreed, saw his collab with some site that was listed on a japanese domain, dodged it all together. Glad I did too, there's been so many posts about people complaining about how they haven't gotten their orders or a response from him. You can spend 70-80 USD on your own cobra belt and then just customize if yourself

Hi guys quick question.. had these FW1617 P10A-S for a minute (from Hotoveli) and realised that they don't have the waterproof taping on the cargo pocket zips, why is that? 

image.jpg

11 minutes ago, moneytalks said:

Hi guys quick question.. had these FW1617 P10A-S for a minute (from Hotoveli) and realised that they don't have the waterproof taping on the cargo pocket zips, why is that? 

original run (fw1516 i think) had the shiny zip, second release doesn't, not sure why.

Edited by DiglettDigs

1 hour ago, DiglettDigs said:

original run (fw1516 i think) had the shiny zip, second release doesn't, not sure why.

Bit of a strange downgrade imo. Appreciate the lighter gabardine tho (I live on the equator)

Edited by moneytalks

It's not really a downgrade. The fabric itself isn't waterproof, so whatever's in the pocket wouldn't be fully protected either way. A waterproof zipper doesn't make much sense in the first place. If anything it makes more business sense not to use them (since they cost more) as the fabric won't keep out water completely anyway.

17 minutes ago, piece keeper said:

It's not really a downgrade. The fabric itself isn't waterproof, so whatever's in the pocket wouldn't be fully protected either way. A waterproof zipper doesn't make much sense in the first place. If anything it makes more business sense not to use them (since they cost more) as the fabric won't keep out water completely anyway.

To be precise: etaproof, like most "ventile" or weatherproof cottons swells on contact with water to prevent further penetration—so, highly water resistant?

Additionally, in the long run, the vislon waterguard is probably less durable than the regular zip—so not really a downgrade.

Edited by CARLOOA

12 hours ago, piece keeper said:

You're wrong - Stotz Etaproof is very water resistant, never soaked through for me even in the heaviest rains. It does get wet on the outside, but stays dry inside.

The price difference between those zippers would be 50 cents max, it's nothing. 

Only that those waterproof zippers are a bit harder to open, but still would make more sense in that spot.

1 hour ago, nigel1 said:

You're wrong - Stotz Etaproof is very water resistant, never soaked through for me even in the heaviest rains. It does get wet on the outside, but stays dry inside.

Only that those waterproof zippers are a bit harder to open, but still would make more sense in that spot.

my ykk supplier qoutes me 2,8x price increase on "waterproof" ykk with nonstandart camlock pools so not 50 cents

5 hours ago, nigel1 said:

I dunno what your experience has been with heavy rain, but after a 10min bike ride in what. I consider heavy rain, my -s pants are all soaked through :p. Def wouldn't consider these "very" water resistant. 

2 minutes ago, solographik said:

I dunno what your experience has been with heavy rain, but after a 10min bike ride in what. I consider heavy rain, my -s pants are all soaked through :p. Def wouldn't consider these "very" water resistant. 

I have the same experience with the pants. I think the jackets last a bit longer since they're made from heavier stotz

Water resistance hasn't changed with Stotz fabric thickness in my experience.  I've soaked through in pants and jackets, but also been dry in the rain.  As mentioned, it depends more on how recently you washed/ironed or reproofed.  

Edited by thatslapz