Acronym.

Westbrook

12 minutes ago, Questlove said:

Anyone know how the GT-J29A's detachable sleeves work? Does it use snap buttons, zipper, velcro, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Velcro straps that tighten/loosen the sleeves across the back. And as mentioned below, the sleeves are one-piece, separate from the jacket; they're not singular detachable sleeves. 

j29asleeve.jpg

Edited by chaosen

I know its been covered but cant find the info. I need to wash my J50- WS and id be grateful of any suggestions about cleaning the whitening off the back of the collar. Im going to wash the shell with Grangers and then tumble dry as suggested in the Arcteryx video. Just want to know how to clean the marks on the collar. 

49 minutes ago, undercover73 said:

I know its been covered but cant find the info. I need to wash my J50- WS and id be grateful of any suggestions about cleaning the whitening off the back of the collar. Im going to wash the shell with Grangers and then tumble dry as suggested in the Arcteryx video. Just want to know how to clean the marks on the collar. 

What i had done is just spray a little of the granger's wash on the collar (let it absorb a little) and get a damp cloth  to wipe it away. I do not recommend tumble drying air drying is always the way  (personal preference).

I machine washed and then tumbled dried my J50-WS and it looked as good as new afterwards, gentle cycle and etc, make sure to remove sling and zipper pull

Edited by awex

DAF1 are great shoes. Received mine today and think they are nice and work with different types of trousers. Craftsmanship seems to be better than the prestos. Don't know why they are priced that high (the prestos).

fit is narrower compared to AF1.

6 hours ago, Toilettebun said:

Sorry to ask it in this thread, what do you guys think the market value of the Daf1 is heading towards? Do you think it'll increase over the next few weeks or drop? I'm seriously considering whether or not I grab a pair now or later

Seen prices already as low as retail in some places (mainly Facebook groups).

People who copped to resell are getting desperate. Just hope someone like Jerry doesn't wear them on IG if you're still gonna wait.

14 hours ago, Cairxoxo said:

Seen prices already as low as retail in some places (mainly Facebook groups).

People who copped to resell are getting desperate. Just hope someone like Jerry doesn't wear them on IG if you're still gonna wait.

all the facebook groups I'm in still sell for more than retail however shipping does increase the price tremendously.

1 hour ago, jesterrp said:

got notified just now that i'll be refunded because my order can't be fulfilled.. nike really f'd up big time with this release. hours after i finished ordering they were still up in the same size even (EU). sooo wtb us10/10.5 crimsons

I suspect I will be in this position too. They fulfilled half my first order but not the Crimsons which were ordered about 6am UK time ...i.e. 3/4 hours before they sold out. Apparently lost in the warehouse or something. Disappointing - I hope you complained quite hard. I certainly will be making my feelings known on that one.

17 hours ago, jesterrp said:

got notified just now that i'll be refunded because my order can't be fulfilled.. nike really f'd up big time with this release. hours after i finished ordering they were still up in the same size even (EU). sooo wtb us10/10.5 crimsons

My order has been cancelled too. Even though I ordered shortly after they came online and the Crimson was available almost all day. 

Hello,

i am thinking of the J50 or J57-TS. Anyone with experience of this jackets?

I guess the J50 is stronger as a stand alone. Could use them for insulation with J32 or J43 as well.

regards

Matthias 

14 minutes ago, bobbypee said:

guys on here don't like the J50

Where did you get that impression?  J50's a great jacket.  I have the WS version and it's a classic bomber with all the ACR detailing.  Climashield is a great and effective insulation.  Don't see a reason not to like it.  No experience with the J57, but it'll definitely be less warm.  I'd go J50 > J57, but if your climate is warmer then the J50 may be more than you need.

3 hours ago, xc-mtb said:

Hello,

i am thinking of the J50 or J57-TS. Anyone with experience of this jackets?

I guess the J50 is stronger as a stand alone. Could use them for insulation with J32 or J43 as well.

regards

Matthias 

J50-S has Climashield insulation with an outer shell composed of rigid Stotz cotton that's water and wind resistant. It's very warm and substantial as a standalone jacket. In my experience, it's too bulky to layer under Goretex jackets; especially profile fitting pieces like the J32 and J43. I doubt you'll be able to comfortably wear the J50-S as an insulator for those particular jackets unless you've sized up on them. J50-WS (or J58-WS) would be better as an insulator, as that version has an outer shell composed of a softer 2L Gore Windstopper, which is lighter and compresses more than Stotz when layered underneath a shell. 

J57TS-SS has no Climashield insulation; rather it's lined with a fleece-like material. The outer shell is Schoeller softshell fabric that is thick, sturdy and has a very unique texture (slightly perforated; zoom into the detailed photos from stockists and you'll be able to see). It's quite warm by itself, but won't be as warm as the J50-S. It's also great as a standalone jacket, but can also be comfortably worn as insulation underneath a shell for milder temperatures. 

Both are good options and serve slightly different purposes. Hope this helps. 

Edited by chaosen

I think the J50-s is a great jacket but personally the zipper blew it for me as I reported previously (I had two of them and they were both bad). A bomber jacket that costs £900+ should have a zip that you don't have to proactively make a workaround to use in my opinion so I preferred to get rid of it. If I'm having to think too hard every time I put it on then that's killing the experience for me. Each to their own.

Otherwise I think it's a fantastic piece both looks and material-wise. I would love the WS version as I get the impression it doesn't suffer from the same issue.

Edited by RemarkableArmor

10 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

I would love the WS version as I get the impression it doesn't suffer from the same issue.

I've had both versions and can confirm there's no zipper issues with the WS version. The WS uses gunmetal Vislon zippers. Great jacket, highly recommend it.

edit: if you're a medium, there's one available here albeit slightly pricey: http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b243174426

Edited by chaosen

Thanks for all your suggestions. I will think and probably buy one of these.

I am

travell between South America and Europe many times a year and I don't think that something with isolation is coming up in March for SS if the northern hemisphere. It is getting colder in the south than.

best regards 

34 minutes ago, chaosen said:

I've had both versions and can confirm there's no zipper issues with the WS version. The WS uses gunmetal Vislon zippers. Great jacket, highly recommend it.

edit: if you're a medium, there's one available here albeit slightly pricey: http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b243174426

Thanks! Yeah...i went with J51 at the time but I assume it's the same construction there and the zip on that is fine for me. The WS is definitely on my wishlist but just holding out for any cool stuff round the corner first ;)