Acronym.

Westbrook

sounds fishy. when openign store you can speak directly to acrnm.

I am not native speaker but does this sentence mean that he is going ro ask about the password and other things too?

15 hours ago, Cairxoxo said:

Promise I'm being very serious/professional, and will not just be asking you for login details.

7 minutes ago, danii said:

I am not native speaker but does this sentence mean that he is going ro ask about the password and other things too?

Yeah, it reads, "in addition to login details..." 

unfortunately acrnm won't be adding any new retailer accounts anytime soon

subnet is/was only given out to friends/family or longtime followers of the brand through recommendation

Edited by Stunt

Can we discuss the DAF1 and how it fits into the Acronym's series of shoes and brand aesthetic as a whole?

The LFs were ACRs first footwear collaboration with Nikelabs. The shoe they created was a crazy, Frankensteinesque, remix of a Nike classic. Adding zippers for 'tactical'/functional usability much in line with the ACR design philosophy. Different materials were used and shifted between each colorway. The contrasting material/color at the heelcap was also a great addition that really set this model apart from other AF1s and balanced out the zipper attentionwise. CWs were clever, a monochromatic black w/ black contrasting and white sole for ACR fans preferring monochromatic outfits in black. The white with orange contrasting was the killer CW IMO. White is always a classic and makes for the best contrast and really shows and draws attention to the heelcap. The final CW felt rather experimental but was fun and as crazy as the model itself. Mixing black white and grey and combining red and silver with unexpected contrasts in cyan and purple. Nevertheless a great CW that works well with black pants and white tops. 

Then came the prestos. Compared to the LFs these are far from as radical. Once again a functional detail was added in the pull tab for the double zippers that snaps down. Other details were the patches on the sides of the toebox. Again playing with material/color contrast. Now the presto is already a functional and especially comfortable model so maybe there wasn't as much room to add stuff. IMO CWs were't as good as last time though. Bamboo is the most versatile combined with ACR but looks best with olive tees or tops. The olive CW works in the same type of outfits, this is the killer CW though, showing of the shapes of the shoe more clearly due to to the white sole. The neon volt/lava CW was this models multi. The neons were far from as creative as the LF1 multi though. And looks like a generic Nike model IMO. None of the CWs are great for a monochomatic, all black, outfit though. The first two work with ACRs line of RAF green pieces but that's pretty much it.

Now comes the DAF1s. If the LFs were crazy these are insane. There's a AF1 under there somewhere, but it's mainly the toebox, sole and swoosh that's recognizable to be honest. Now I could discuss the shape of this shoe for hours but let's just say I didn't like it at first but have grown accustomed to it. By far the weakest of the three IMO but the most unique one for sure. I can't say anything about the functionality since I haven't tried it out but once again they added straps and zippers to a laced shoe which seems to be ACR design norm by now. The CWs are what disappoints me with this. Starting out with the white sole & swoosh this seems to be the followup to olive. I hope they come with black laces, cause the olive really bothers me here. My main issue with this CW though is the white part of the toebox. It really doesn't flatter the shape of the shoe at all and it clashes with the swosh, ruining its directional effect. This CW takes me back to the LJ-2, a style I feel ACR left a long time ago now. The black CW I assume comes with black laces as an alternative. The golden/brass colored zipper feels like a really odd choice though. It looks nothing like what they've used in the past and clashes somewhat with the blue/icy sole. This CW would be the monochromatic version, but I'm not sure this would blend in well with all-black / RAF ACR fits nearly as well as previous models.

Now the red contrast CW is this models experimental and in the fitpic from SS17 and on feet it actually looks quite good compared to what I expected. The zipper is black and doesn't draw attention from the buckle, which is after all the part making this shoe unique at first glance. The translucent sole features a warmer tone that will work better than the blue one with olive / RAF colored tops. The red however is a contrast color I wouldn't have expected ACR to use. Bright reds with black easily look gaudy, and always reminds me of Balmains SS15. I don't think it works at all here and it feels like an uncreative choice IMO. A reflective silver coating as a nod to the silvery 3A bags or a pattern of some kind would've made this CW amazing but as it is I find it somewhat repulsive tbh.

Sorry for the long text but as a design student I have education in things like color and shape theory and I get really analytical whenever it comes to aesthetics. 

I just don't understand who this is for. The shape feels to experimental and alien to attract the general public like the last two models did but none of the colorways doesn't fit into existing ACR wardrobes, at least from what I can tell. What are you guys' opinions? Will you be buying these? And would you still be if they weren't ACR branded?

Acronym DAF1.jpg

Edited by Endless

47 minutes ago, Endless said:

I just don't understand who this is for. The shape feels to experimental and alien to attract the general public like the last two models did but none of the colorways doesn't fit into existing ACR wardrobes, at least from what I can tell. What are you guys' opinions? Will you be buying these? And would you still be if they weren't ACR branded?

To be fair, I don't think ACR has ever been interested in attracting the general public.  To me, these may fit into the ACR aesthetic the most of the three, given subdued colors, bootish style (i.e. closest to combat boots they've done yet, and ACR has in the past been keen on the mil-look), and the strap/buckle of course. 

54 minutes ago, piece keeper said:

To be fair, I don't think ACR has ever been interested in attracting the general public.  

I don't think so either, but we can't forget that these are a Nikelab collaboration and release. Maybe it was just Nike playing it safe with the first two models and restricting what the ACR team was allowed to do but they were both MASSIVE successes on the sneaker market as a whole. The LF1s were even deemed sneaker of the year by the Highsnobiety staff IIRC and for the prestos, you know you have a commercial success when this is a thing.

54 minutes ago, piece keeper said:

To me, these may fit into the ACR aesthetic the most of the three, given subdued colors, bootish style (i.e. closest to combat boots they've done yet, and ACR has in the past been keen on the mil-look), and the strap/buckle of course. 

I agree with this in some ways, maybe I should rephrase my use of aesthetic. I think the DAF1s cater perfectly to the big ACR profiles on instagram, people like @1000deaths. These guys tend to style ACR in a certain way, mixing up pieces from older and newer seasons, using custom attachments on bags and adding some DIY details. I've seen Errolson do this too, which I find quite strange TBH. Whenever I've had the chance to speak with someone withing the fashion industry they're never interested in talking about what they've done, but of what they're going to do. Most of them are already thinking a season, if not two, ahead. And I'm not talking about big fashions houses now, but smaller, independent brands. 

The Acronym I'm interested in is the one you find in the lookbooks. I think we've seen a change in direction since SS15 (first Nemen collab IIRC) where ACR has gone towards a "cleaner" styling that's more focused and streamlined compared to older collections. They've also been filling a lot of the gaps in the "ACR Wardrobe" with pieces like an insulator jacket, a climashield coat, baselayers, cropped pants etc. I feel like the brand itself is evolving and moving away from the aesthetic shared by long time fans and collectors which is why the DAF1s makes no sense to me.

But who knows, maybe this was a final nod to anyone who owns an LJ-2. Or maybe I'm mistaken completely.  

Edited by Endless

every single colorway on any of the 3 shoes they've done work perfectly fine with all black outfits if you ask me.. and how does night / black / olive / white not fit into acr wardrobes? and for the bright red;  i feel like errolson has a growing love for  mixing crazy colors (remember his outfit at the presto release party?). him adding surprising elements just to throw people off puts the punk in cyberpunk imo.

Edited by jesterrp

9 minutes ago, Endless said:

I don't think so either, but we can't forget that these are a Nikelab collaboration and release. Maybe it was just Nike playing it safe with the first two models and restricting what the ACR team was allowed to do but they were both MASSIVE successes on the sneaker market as a whole. The LF1s were even deemed sneaker of the year by the Highsnobiety staff IIRC and for the prestos, you know you have a commercial success when this is a thing.

I agree with this in some ways, maybe I should rephrase my use of aesthetic. I think the DAF1s cater perfectly to the big ACR profiles on instagram, people like @1000deaths. These guys tend to style ACR in a certain way, mixing up pieces from older and newer seasons, using custom attachments on bags and adding some DIY details. I've seen Errolson do this too, which I find quite strange TBH. Whenever I've had the chance to speak with someone withing the fashion industry they're never interested in talking about what they've done, but of what they're going to do. Most of them are already thinking a season, if not two, ahead. And I'm not talking about big fashions houses now, but smaller, independent brands. 

The Acronym I'm interested in is the one you find in the lookbooks. I think we've seen a change in direction since SS15 (first Nemen collab IIRC) where ACR has gone towards a "cleaner" styling that's more focused and streamlined compared to older collections. They've also been filling a lot of the gaps in the "ACR Wardrobe" with pieces like an insulator jacket, a climashield coat, baselayers, cropped pants etc. I feel like the brand itself is evolving and moving away from the aesthetic shared by long time fans and collectors which is why the DAF1s makes no sense to me.

But who knows, maybe this was a final nod to anyone who owns an LJ-2. Or maybe I'm mistaken completely.  

It looks like these were the last shoes in a 3 shoe block, samples were out for a few years I think? I'm glad they hit so they could make combat boot like shoes. I know I'm prone to speak in movie metaphors but I'm really hoping ACR stays more Mad Max than Gattaca. Otherwise we may see Veilance and ACR reaching singularity. Veilance seems to be going the more pocket route while ACR is moving toward less. It'd be interesting to see an official Arc'teryx Veilance x Acronym collaboration.

3 hours ago, danii said:

Sorry, just the way it's phrased I suppose. I was intending to mean I wouldn't ask for login details, which as you can see I didn't. 

2 hours ago, Stunt said:

unfortunately acrnm won't be adding any new retailer accounts anytime soon

subnet is/was only given out to friends/family or longtime followers of the brand through recommendation

That's the kind of answer I was really looking for, thanks. 

11 minutes ago, Sjefur said:

Try before you die, aka speak to them directly if you want anything done seriously. The amount of retailers increased for sure...

I've been trying, believe me! Other brands we've already secured for launch have dedicated email addresses for commercial sales or something similar... Acronym appears to be a whole other beast. 

May even have to resort to DM'ing Errolson on instagram hahaha. 

2 minutes ago, jesterrp said:

for the bright red;  i feel like errolson has a growing love for  mixing crazy colors (remember his outfit at the presto release party?). him adding surprising elements just to throw people off puts the punk in cyberpunk imo.

I don't disagree with you, but maybe what I feel is an inconsistency in what Errolson does as an individual and the brand direction as a whole. To me the Acronym of 2017 isn't the tattered renegade character in a cyberpunk dystopia it used to be but a member a the special forces unit deployed by the authorities. (If that makes sense) How Errolson is choosing to style for himself fits very well with the image that you describe but if you were to mix all of the three colorways and apply them to a bag you'd get the 3A-5TSR. A bag that would look completely outdated next to the last couple of 3A drops. 

This is probably the best analogy I can make, but I'm already paraphrasing my second post a bit much. 

1 hour ago, Endless said:

Most of them are already thinking a season, if not two, ahead. And I'm not talking about big fashions houses now, but smaller, independent brands. 

to put it in perspective, the DAF1s were designed more than 4 years ago

49 minutes ago, Cairxoxo said:

I've been trying, believe me! Other brands we've already secured for launch have dedicated email addresses for commercial sales or something similar... Acronym appears to be a whole other beast. 

May even have to resort to DM'ing Errolson on instagram hahaha. 

If u really wanna reach him, twitter will be your best option :)

1 hour ago, jbob24 said:

If u really wanna reach him, twitter will be your best option :)

I'll give it a shot - do really want to reach him. Thanks very much for the info.

To anyone reading this as well, I hope you can see from the message I sent bobbypee I wasn't trying to do anything suspicious what-so-ever, just didn't want to clutter this thread up with me asking someone a bunch of questions.

It all comes from the love of Acronym and what they do as a brand :)

17 minutes ago, SnazzyMcghee said:

Karlnikolai with an eagle eye on the latest DAF comic or promotional art or whatever.  Looking like maybe the next drop will be Feb 9th at 12AM?  

Holy that's some good lookin' out haha. Would it be safe to assume that would be 12am GMT you think?

From my point of view in speaking of acr designs works

old > new

sorry E

By defining this:

with the period of removing drag tab logo and sleeves logo and supply spare black logo tape.You would tell these happening around fw13.What i missed the most,are actually the words on the each items label.

Other importants changes are materials.epic,loro piana,Polartec are less or no more used.Yeah,some of them are way too pricy or outdated,but diversity also gone.Sometimes,materials define designs or patterns heavily.

I know E is the designer who designs the things himself like to wear at first,then for buyers.

By establishing the brand image mainly for 'real street wear' mixed with bdu and bit cyberpunk or working classes old-dog since at first to some 2009,then still good ideas last to around 2012.

I enjoy digging IG and posting items collecting,also the chaning of brand images is totally understandable,and that is exactlay what E want the brand to be,with the younger generation hype.

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

11 hours ago, Cairxoxo said:

It all comes from the love of Acronym and what they do as a brand :)

That's all fair and good, but if they don't know you / heard about you / know of another retail that can vouch for you, your chances of doing business are likely to be very slim.

You'd have better luck with a jack move. Maybe send them your bank statement and buy budget/commitment for the season and wire half of it ahead as some form of gratis. IDK, YMMV.

Edited by WillKhitie

I always regarded Acronym as a mutant, adapt and survive, mutate and divide type affair and you also have to remember that Acronym is also Acronym. The strong vibrant colours are also nothing new at all, remember the roll neck knits in the bright red and chartreuse of many seasons ago now ? This was way before the Nemen .

Both the design agency and also the clothing brand joined at a molecular level but surviving apart, a parasite symbiot ! 

It's strange as I am sure that Shadow Project would get alot, I mean ALOT more coverage if it was touted as Stone Island x Acronym, but it isn't so it doesn't. I am looking forward to ss17 to see what comes in from the left field, 1st in queue for the sarouel too so long as I can afford them (& fit into them)! !