Acronym.

Westbrook

20 minutes ago, solo1 said:

Anyone think ACR buyers on Grailed and the Facebook ACR thread are way too reminiscent of Supreme hypebeasts/ douches in the early 2000's?  So much ignorance with little knowledge or background whatsoever for any items, and little respect for sellers.  They treat every sales post like its a FAQ and just literally toss offers out like darts on a dartboard.  

It's pretty sad, and is a huge turnoff compared to being the ACR community a couple years back.  These prestos really changed the dynamic, heavily. 

I guess thats what happens to most brands eventually, if they decide to either mass produce, or collaborate with giants like Nike. 

Supreme "hypebeast/douches from the early 2000s" are relatively tame to those that just jumped on the Sup bandwagon within the past three or so years.

10 minutes ago, Questlove said:

Supreme "hypebeast/douches from the early 2000s" are relatively tame to those that just jumped on the Sup bandwagon within the past three or so years.

Hahahaha.  I was going a bit easy on them :) 

Yes their customers in the past few years, would do things such as say , ask one to pay their custom duties ? :huh::unsure::blink:

Its even been commonplace now for them to report and de-legitimize items that they simply don't like prices for.  I've seen multiple Sup sellers with authentic tagged grail items, get banned after fuckboys wrongly slander the bottom of the thread with  "fake, fake , fake, bad embroidery, etc.)

I dread the day that this happens to ACR...hopefully the hype will cool off after these AF1's...

Edited by solo1

12 hours ago, solo1 said:

Anyone think ACR buyers on Grailed and the Facebook ACR thread are way too reminiscent of Supreme hypebeasts/ douches in the early 2000's?  So much ignorance with little knowledge or background whatsoever for any items, and little respect for sellers.  They treat every sales post like its a FAQ and just literally toss offers out like darts on a dartboard.  

It's pretty sad, and is a huge turnoff compared to being the ACR community a couple years back.  These prestos really changed the dynamic, heavily. 

I guess thats what happens to most brands eventually, if they decide to either mass produce, or collaborate with giants like Nike. 

I feel like ACR is somewhat insulated from total immersion into that culture since their price points are enough of a deterrent for insta-flippers.

How good is acronym in terms of range movement? I climb buildings/cranes and usually like some ~cool techwear shit~ for photos when it gets windy/cold/wet. I have a (7 years old now I believe) gt-j11l, but I got a size too small by accident and it’s really constricting, so I usually have to wear it open or partially zipped. I want something that’s fairly active that way I don’t slip while I’m a few stories up haha.

31 minutes ago, j0f1sh said:

How good is acronym in terms of range movement? I climb buildings/cranes and usually like some ~cool techwear shit~ for photos when it gets windy/cold/wet. I have a (7 years old now I believe) gt-j11l, but I got a size too small by accident and it’s really constricting, so I usually have to wear it open or partially zipped. I want something that’s fairly active that way I don’t slip while I’m a few stories up haha.

Some of the stuff is amazing for this. Love my P10 and SS-J25 combo. The perfect softshell jacket and pants made to allow for karate kicks both will protect you from the seasons and with a neck gaiter you'll look like a proper criminal urban explorer. The SS-J25 hood is also one of the best ones I've seen, the cut is amazing.

^^^ SCARY close to the real thing, somebody not very familiar or just getting into the brand could easily mistake it for legit. 

Scroll down past the stock acrnm pics to see the fake:

http://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=a1z5f.7632060.0.0&id=544733371108

Edited by jbob24

On 2/4/2017 at 4:07 PM, forino said:

yes i understand this now and went ahead paying the fee. let the seller know i was sorry for even asking and i was in the wrong. But he doesn't show that part of the conversation. this is unrelated to acronym not sure why this was even brought up in the first place. 

That's funny because you only sent an apology after I called you out here publicly.  

Whatever beating a dead horse at this point, hope you learned something from this. 

9 hours ago, jbob24 said:

^^^ SCARY close to the real thing, somebody not very familiar or just getting into the brand could easily mistake it for legit. 

Scroll down past the stock acrnm pics to see the fake:

http://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=a1z5f.7632060.0.0&id=544733371108

Looks great in olive though ;)

2 minutes ago, cktenders said:

I'm not totally sure about that. Errolson said "first drop" and everyone else commented same sizes available (ie small ones). I hate to ask, but does anyone have these to confirm the fit? I know low AF1 fit 1/2 size big. 

I would go TTS.  I have normal feet and went half down from true and they fit fine right away, however after a few hours walking and my feet swell up the narrowness makes itself apparent.  For reference I went TTS on Prestos and 1 full size down in LF1's.