Acronym.

Westbrook

30 minutes ago, hoju said:

Anyone have belt suggestions that jive well with the pants?

Alyx Rollercoaster belt or any other belt with a Cobra buckle would be the obvious choice (there are tons on ebay). I'd recommend a wider belt though, the one I got (2.5cm/1") for my p10s feels a bit thin and in hindsight I would really prefer something more sturdy. I guess this comes down to what model you plan using it with but just measure and the belt loops and you should be fine.

FMAWAW11000_BLACK_3229.jpg

I think the ones Errolson wear are from Bagjack but someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Edited by Endless

Would also recommend the Arcteryx conveyor belt. Less wow factor than the Alex belts, but easily available and reasonably priced. I've been wearing one every day for a few years now and it seems pretty much indestructible. 

The topic of belts seems to come up every couple months. While the look of cobra belt / buckle complement the p10 perfectly, they are not the most comfortable of belt as the buckle tend to dig into one's belly when sitting. I got a belt from @danii and I am a HUGE fan, the side tightening works perfectly and is so much more comfortable than a huge front buckle (plus I really like the look). 

On 1/23/2017 at 4:39 PM, tv_ice said:

Would also recommend the Arcteryx conveyor belt. Less wow factor than the Alex belts, but easily available and reasonably priced. I've been wearing one every day for a few years now and it seems pretty much indestructible. 

I've been using a Conveyor belt for a few months now and I'm impressed. The metal buckle doesn't set off the detectors at airports, which is a huge plus.

17 hours ago, hoju said:

Anyone else have thoughts on 1Kcorp's belts?

It's nice.  It complements ACR well not only because of the Cobra buckle, but also the QLQR function.  Another overlooked aspect is that he uses smaller Cobra buckles (i.e. not the standard size) which feeds through belt loops.  If you get a "normal" Cobra buckle belt (i.e. standard/default buckle size) it will likely not fit through belt loops (it's too big), so you will have to remove the buckle, feed the belt through your loops, then reattach the buckle each time--very cumbersome.  I learned this the hard way with a previous belt.

Speaking of Belts, 4Dimension included this belt (cc-1) in their first 2017 drop. It features a Cobra buckle and MOLLE webbing + option to attach a separate bag from the same drop directly to the belt. Aesthetically and functionwise it seems in line with the ACR/techninj style. Unfortunately it's sold out atm but the success they've had with some of their new products (mostly the modulars) make me think they'll be reissuing them down the line.

http://www.4dimensionapparel.com/product/cc-1(cc-1)page.png?auto=format&fit=max&h=100

On 1/25/2017 at 8:10 PM, hoju said:

Anyone else have thoughts on 1Kcorp's belts?

I hesitate in saying this, but I got my belt not long ago and the order was all messed up. It's really hard getting a response from him these days, so I'm not sure what I can do at this point.

EDIT: Belt itself was perfect, but a bunch of configurations I asked for were wrong.

Edited by sportello

i went with a Billy Kirk no. 177, it's a double stud belt similar to a mechanics belt but imo slightly more attractive.

Reason being 1.) if you've ever gotten holes in the lower stomach section of a t-shirt it's cause your stomach is rubbing up against the belt buckle through your shirt while you're sitting. The 1k belts are nice but I could see them tearing up every merino tee I own. B.) being a mechanics style belt if you have a nice car and lean up against you don't have to worry about scratching it, or any other soft surface.

i looked into belt choices for months before deciding, for me it's the no. 177 or a generic mechanics belt.

http://rye51-dev.myshopify.com/products/no-177-double-collar-button-belt

Seeing a lot of Downtowns on eBay right now. Anyone know where these are coming from? Are they releasing soon or something?

Also about the 1k belts: I was 1 of the 5 winners last year who was supposed to get a free one when he was first starting up. Still haven't gotten mine. He said us winners aren't priority though. One day I guess... (Still waiting on my TOJ too... LMAO)

Edited by ILikeBacon

So I just got mine last week. I had to send a pretty blunt email to him, which he replied to. I think I wound up waiting just under 6 months (like 5 months 3 weeks). I don't think I would have received it that "early" had I not emailed asking for a tracking number/refund. I used the [email protected] address. The belt is fine. Nothing revolutionary, just nylon after all. I really felt kind of stupid by the time I received it. I could have spent the $100 on a sewing machine and learned to sew and started my own company in 6 months...

edit: good luck 

Edited by cktenders

1 hour ago, cktenders said:

So I just got mine last week. I had to send a pretty blunt email to him, which he replied to. I think I wound up waiting just under 6 months (like 5 months 3 weeks). I don't think I would have received it that "early" had I not emailed asking for a tracking number/refund. I used the [email protected] address. The belt is fine. Nothing revolutionary, just nylon after all. I really felt kind of stupid by the time I received it. I could have spent the $100 on a sewing machine and learned to sew and started my own company in 6 months...

edit: good luck 

Jeez, I should consider myself lucky to have received it after a couple months. Thanks for the input.

this is acronym, so let's not talk about shit.

Have you seen this weird ACRONYM harness? (no I don't mean the overpriced "acronym" one on grailed)

downypost-img600x450-1483166852sb63qk278

WTF siderelease bucles?

downypost-img600x450-14831668527hb70z278

WTF long pouch

downypost-img600x450-14831668525vyihp278

WTF olive tec-sys

ANY INTEL? it's 35000¥ on JYA.

Edited by danii

7 hours ago, danii said:

this is acronym, so let's not talk about shit.

Have you seen this weird ACRONYM harness? (no I don't mean the overpriced "acronym" one on grailed)

WTF siderelease bucles?
WTF long pouch
WTF olive tec-sys

ANY INTEL? it's 35000¥ on JYA.

This harness originally came with the S-J8 trench coat. 

There are 2 fidlock buckles and 2 regular buckles; the pouches can attach to either (the pouches have a fidlock on one end, and a regular buckle on the other) depending on personal preference I guess. They both hang vertically from the harness.

This is from years ago, so I've always assumed the long pouch is for a keyboard (not sure what else it could be used for) whereas the small pouch is for a tablet/small laptop. I imagine the molle grids are also on the long pouch.

On 1/26/2017 at 10:54 PM, capnpyro said:

i went with a Billy Kirk no. 177, it's a double stud belt similar to a mechanics belt but imo slightly more attractive.

Reason being 1.) if you've ever gotten holes in the lower stomach section of a t-shirt it's cause your stomach is rubbing up against the belt buckle through your shirt while you're sitting. The 1k belts are nice but I could see them tearing up every merino tee I own. B.) being a mechanics style belt if you have a nice car and lean up against you don't have to worry about scratching it, or any other soft surface.

i looked into belt choices for months before deciding, for me it's the no. 177 or a generic mechanics belt.

http://rye51-dev.myshopify.com/products/no-177-double-collar-button-belt

I've have a Billy Kirk leather belt that I've worn at least 2-3 days/week for the last 5 years. It's still beautiful. Good choice. 

Edited by emenel

On 1/28/2017 at 7:13 AM, chaosen said:

This harness originally came with the S-J8 trench coat. 

There are 2 fidlock buckles and 2 regular buckles; the pouches can attach to either (the pouches have a fidlock on one end, and a regular buckle on the other) depending on personal preference I guess. They both hang vertically from the harness.

This is from years ago, so I've always assumed the long pouch is for a keyboard (not sure what else it could be used for) whereas the small pouch is for a tablet/small laptop. I imagine the molle grids are also on the long pouch.

This is correct - the SUSPENSOR harness also came w/ the other similarly system-ed jackets (S-J14, GT-J19). Only the S-J8 had that long ass keyboard pouch tho.

Edited by Appleseed
spelling

3 hours ago, jesterrp said:

S vs WS opinions (regarding the j46 in specific)? i don't have any experience with the ws fabric whatsoever

Don't have a J46, but depends on what you want our of your coat.  WS is synthetic, "slippery", and shinier than S.  More prone to snags, will hold its color (much) longer.  S is natural (cotton), rugged, and more matte.  It's not as prone to snags, and will fade/patina.

3 hours ago, piece keeper said:

Don't have a J46, but depends on what you want our of your coat.  WS is synthetic, "slippery", and shinier than S.  More prone to snags, will hold its color (much) longer.  S is natural (cotton), rugged, and more matte.  It's not as prone to snags, and will fade/patina.

WS also seems to be more lightweight than Stotz. The WS uses 2L Gore Windstopper as its shell fabric (very soft and smooth to the touch), whereas the Stotz is a heavier duty 100% cotton gabardine shell (stiffer and more rugged, as mentioned above). Both versions have Climashield insulation underneath the shell fabric. 

Personally I think the WS material is better suited for liners (i.e. J50 and J58), the fabric seems a little too delicate as an outermost layer. My vote goes towards the J46-S if you're intending to wear it in winter conditions, although the J46-WS is really comfortable to wear. 

Edited by chaosen