Acronym.

Westbrook

that's what happens when a style becomes a fashion, it'll pass.

such is the transient nature of fashion, when it does prices should fall and the fashionista will want the next big thing and sell off "yesterday's" treasures to acquire the incoming "emperor's new clothes"

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

messenger bags are a funny thing, i always wonder what people have to be carrying around all the time? i suppose it makes sense if you're in NY and you cycle and don't have a dedicated office. i was attracted to tech wear out of minimalism and a better quality of items. i actively remove things from my life that aren't necessary and used frequently, ex. an ipad. i'm constantly on the hunt to make my wallet even thinner, i'm down to 3 cards now. i guess my question is, what're people carrying around?

I don't like to carry anything in my pockets, so... phone, wallet, knife, headphones, general edc stuff.

I don't typically go with a full size messenger tho. I have a 5tsR for gym or errands but usually carry something like É…oku's musette or a 3a-1 if I think I'll need to stow some stuff :)

Edited by jbob24

messenger bags are a funny thing, i always wonder what people have to be carrying around all the time? i suppose it makes sense if you're in NY and you cycle and don't have a dedicated office. i was attracted to tech wear out of minimalism and a better quality of items. i actively remove things from my life that aren't necessary and used frequently, ex. an ipad. i'm constantly on the hunt to make my wallet even thinner, i'm down to 3 cards now. i guess my question is, what're people carrying around?

The same things I use everyday, at home or otherwise: a water bottle, a mug, a sketchbook, whatever book I'm reading, a camera, and a layer of clothing or two. I think it is an extension of minimalist living to take the quality objects that you use in your house and carry them around with you as well. When your principal method of transportation is a bike it is also necessary to be adaptable to changing weather conditions and have some lights at hand, as well as be able to carry some groceries without needing plastic at the store. Pockets are nice, but there is a diminishing functionality to the clothing as they become filled. I do prefer a backpack, though.

I use my 3ts for school. So usually laptop, binder, pencil case, then modulars loaded with keys, headphones, gloves, extra pen, what ever else will fit.

Yes it gets heavy, but I'm used to it now and wouldn't want to go back to a backpack. I prefer the access while wearing it to having to take a backpack off to get things in or out.

Makes a good daily carry when I'm not going to class too. Basically I'll use it for everything, school gets the most of it though.

Man it sucks having a laptop in the 3a-1/3ts, hurts my neck and back really bad.. I only do it if i have no other choice. Backpacks work better for carrying a laptop in my case.
I always try to bring my 3a-1 wherever i go cause i feel empty without a bag. And a messenger feels like an easier choice than a backpack most of the time. Always feels like i forgot something without a bag..
I usually have this in my bag:
Phone charger w powerbank
Book
Extra clothing layer
Notebook and pen
Extra toothbrush
Knife
Some snack (fruit, proteinbar etc)
Water

Man it sucks having a laptop in the 3a-1/3ts, hurts my neck and back really bad.. I only do it if i have no other choice. Backpacks work better for carrying a laptop in my case.

I always try to bring my 3a-1 wherever i go cause i feel empty without a bag. And a messenger feels like an easier choice than a backpack most of the time. Always feels like i forgot something without a bag..

I usually have this in my bag:

Phone charger w powerbank

Book

Extra clothing layer

Notebook and pen

Extra toothbrush

Knife

Some snack (fruit, proteinbar etc)

Water

I have been saying this for ages.  The bags are really uncomfortable under heavy load, especially 3A-7TS backpack. I said it was a garbage backpack and I got bashed into oblivion.     

I have been saying this for ages. The bags are really uncomfortable under heavy load, especially 3A-7TS backpack. I said it was a garbage backpack and I got bashed into oblivion.

I honestly love the shape(as basic as it is) but the straps seem so small and there doesn't seem to be much in terms of back/lumbar support. I wonder if Bagjacks new NXL Skidcat is any better. Edited by Albm

The new skidcat looks very cool but I'd be upset if it suffered the same issues at the price it carries. As for the ACR messengers I always thought interops would look pretty ridiculous with anything barring a handful of items in there. In the lookbooks I'm assuming they're pretty much empty. I've never tried to use it myself for the very reason that I only ever carry a bag when I need to put something substantial in it.

I always thought they were a manbag much like a woman's handbag, now I don't find many women carrying laptops and knives and other such things in little thin bags, if you you want stowage capability and comfort look else where, but they won't have the same ACR aesthetic sadly.

3rdArm is fashion with (ltd) function. (3A-1 & 3TS) after having both many moons ago.

I know it's not a very popular piece but did anyone here bother with the J50-S? I'm not sure if it's just me but the zip seems like the worst thing ever. I've had two now and it requires hair-pin precision to line it up and zip it which is really irritating, especially at the inflated price.

One thing I always liked about buying Acronym was every single feature for me always worked flawlessly out of the pack and I didn't have to worry about fussy zippers or battling any aspect of the clothing to use it properly. I just grabbed it, started using and abusing it and it held up. That was one of the reasons I didn't mind the price tag. I've had 3 items in this last collection that had to go back due to issues that seem to be production/design type flaws so I'm feeling a bit disappointed right now. I hope this is just a bad run as I love the gear still more than ever without these glitches.

Edited by RemarkableArmor

Pretty disappointed right now. I bought a J1A-GT back in April, and just noticed one of the taped seams has torn right by the collar. I know taped seams don't hold up forever but I didn't expect them to start breaking down with less than a year of wear. Has anyone else experienced issues like this?

If anyone has a trusted place in NYC to get it fixed, let me know. 

IMG_7287_JPG.jpg

Pretty disappointed right now. I bought a J1A-GT back in April, and just noticed one of the taped seams has torn right by the collar. I know taped seams don't hold up forever but I didn't expect them to start breaking down with less than a year of wear. Has anyone else experienced issues like this?

If anyone has a trusted place in NYC to get it fixed, let me know.

IMG_7287_JPG.jpg

Basically you could contact your local gore tex repairing center,I got mine from official website,ship to and back only. But it definitely better than international shipping back to DE. And yeah,that's the reason I do not pick acr's gore stuffs.

S-J14 dry clean disaster.

Quite a few of my ventile stuff has started to go a slightly shaggy dark grey, but this is actually an actual light grey in places.

Noooooo.jpg

What do?

Tell me if I was wrong,but I never did like this to my s-j14 and other stolz items.Natual materials need more gentle love lol. I cold water,hand wash with no cleaner,and natural dry without sunshine.

Believe me if you do the same like silk or wool,you would be fine with natural line of Acr items.

I know it's not a very popular piece but did anyone here bother with the J50-S? I'm not sure if it's just me but the zip seems like the worst thing ever. I've had two now and it requires hair-pin precision to line it up and zip it which is really irritating, especially at the inflated price.

One thing I always liked about buying Acronym was every single feature for me always worked flawlessly out of the pack and I didn't have to worry about fussy zippers or battling any aspect of the clothing to use it properly. I just grabbed it, started using and abusing it and it held up. That was one of the reasons I didn't mind the price tag. I've had 3 items in this last collection that had to go back due to issues that seem to be production/design type flaws so I'm feeling a bit disappointed right now. I hope this is just a bad run as I love the gear still more than ever without these glitches.

The Raccagni zipper assembly on the J50-S has been a nightmare. Right out the bag I experienced constant zipper-mismatching until it finally caught a snag and locked into place; had to devote about 45 minutes to remove the zipperstops to re-position the puller. Will play a huge factor in considering a non-Vislon acrnm jacket henceforth. 

I've had my 3a-3ts for about 5 months now, and after heavy use the only gripes I have are that the hanging pockets when filled are a bit uncomfortable when the main storage is also stuffed. It's an easy fix to pull them up over the cargo. Kinda of inconvenient when trying to access said cargo. I've yet to experience any more neck strain than with other messenger/satchel style bags. I recently spent a week in San Francisco, covering between 3-6 miles a day on foot. I definitely noticed some strain around hour 2-3, with a J34/water bottle/books/miscellania stashed. Adjusting the drop at times diminished the strain. All that being said- can anyone tell me what the strap controls on the back facing side of the bag are for? I sent BagJack an email a couple weeks back to see if it was to afford a 3 point strap, but I've yet to hear back...

The Raccagni zipper assembly on the J50-S has been a nightmare. Right out the bag I experienced constant zipper-mismatching until it finally caught a snag and locked into place; had to devote about 45 minutes to remove the zipperstops to re-position the puller. Will play a huge factor in considering a non-Vislon acrnm jacket henceforth.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure I trust myself to undertake an operation like that so I think I'm probably going to give up on this model which is a bummer really and send my second one back too. I've fiddled with it a fair bit and my brain can't even compute what the actual issue is. Even if I could resolve the issue there is just something which grates on me that I'm having to create a workaround on a jacket I just paid a grand for. I can put that cash towards something from SS17 I guess and now I know to take the zipper construction into account in future jackets.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure I trust myself to undertake an operation like that so I think I'm probably going to give up on this model which is a bummer really and send my second one back too. I've fiddled with it a fair bit and my brain can't even compute what the actual issue is. Even if I could resolve the issue there is just something which grates on me that I'm having to create a workaround on a jacket I just paid a grand for. I can put that cash towards something from SS17 I guess and now I know to take the zipper construction into account in future jackets.

Same problem with my J50-S. After inserting the pin through the two pull tabs, try holding the hem of the jacket (right next to the left-side zipper stop) and tug downwards to your left; the zipper should click into place (you can usually hear or feel the click). Not sure if it'll work for your jacket, but it works most of the time for me.

Same problem with my J50-S. After inserting the pin through the two pull tabs, try holding the hem of the jacket (right next to the left-side zipper stop) and tug downwards to your left; the zipper should click into place (you can usually hear or feel the click). Not sure if it'll work for your jacket, but it works most of the time for me.

Thank you. It does indeed work like that and I have been rehearsing myself living with it like this for a while. It's just a shame you have to put any thought into it versus just throwing the jacket on and having it respond accurately. I think it's this aspect which is a mental blocker for me and it goes against why I love most of my other ACR stuff.

That being said its had me reading up on zips and how they work in detail so at least its been an educational exercise! The insulated stotz is quite a rigid setup so I'm guessing this is why they needed something more heavy duty than the WS version.