Acronym.

Westbrook

Holy shit CARLOOA you saved me nearly $300 in duties on my J56. Just a few minutes on the phone with UPS after being notified that duties were due on the package and my duties were lowered from $322.68 to $48.26.

U.S. customers of JXX-GT jackets take note:

UPS Brokerage accounting department 866-493-7140. This is the first number I called. I explained to them that my jacket that's being delivered today isn't classified as specifically as it should be and as a result the duties are set too high. The classification the shipper (Acronym) gave customs was 6203.33.2010. They told me I'd have to speak directly with the agent that's in charge of my package. His department is in the Dallas office. They gave me that direct number as well:

UPS Shipping and logistics Dallas office - 972-304-6978. I called this number and got to speak to my agent. I gave him the specific classification 6201.99.8030 I got from CARLOOA's post. I could hear him looking some stuff up and finally he said "oh yeah. That's a viable classification for sure." Gave me my updated total and then gave me the phone number of the people at UPS that take your money to pay duties over the phone.

UPS bill pay - 803-502-2525. Call these people and pay your lowered duties.

Thanks again CARLOOA. 

since i'm feeling extra generous today, here's a related post.

Also you may want to inquire about what insulation the ACG bomber uses, as it might not be warm enough for whatever climate you're in.  Acronym uses Climashield, which is a wonderful insulation...ACG simply says "100% polyester".

That's true. I live where it gets to about -20 to -25C when its the coldest. 

The sleeve connectors are reversed (loop on the liner instead of the shell). Not sure about the neck zip. They're both vislon though.

Hmm, so its possible they might work together, at least the neck zip. 

Thanks for the help guys. 

On an unrelated note, I'm looking into getting P10's but not convinced on which material I would go for. I'm looking into a pair that I could use almost year round, and the DS seems to be the one to go with. But I read that its prone to piling, how long would it take for them to show visible damage? I'd like for them to last a while. 

The sleeve connectors are reversed (loop on the liner instead of the shell). Not sure about the neck zip. They're both vislon though.

I can confirm that my FW15 ACG 2 in 1 jacket's liner can be zipped into my J1B-S. I can't see any gaps sand seem to be identical zip.

You are right about the sleeve connectors.

I can confirm that my FW15 ACG 2 in 1 jacket's liner can be zipped into my J1B-S. I can't see any gaps sand seem to be identical zip.

Interesting!. I'm guessing you can find a snap loop or something along these lines to hook up the sleeves. Might be a bit fiddly if you plan on removing it regularly but better than nothing.

iwb_mini-loop_1_600.jpg

Until you guys started talking about sleeve connectors I didn't even realize they exist. Lo and behold, there are little elastic loops inside the gravity pockets on my J56-GT that match perfectly with the snap closure on the J58 liner.... learn something new every day. The funny thing is that the sleeves seemed to stay perfectly in place without it anyway.

Until you guys started talking about sleeve connectors I didn't even realize they exist. Lo and behold, there are little elastic loops inside the gravity pockets on my J56-GT that match perfectly with the snap closure on the J58 liner.... learn something new every day. The funny thing is that the sleeves seemed to stay perfectly in place without it anyway.

Yeah exactly this. I've been using the gravity pocket snaps to connect the liner until I found these loops. My J1B doesn't appear to have these loops.

sooo where are the 2 internal pockets supposed to be on the p24? i count 10 pockets, all of them external.

Deep Pockets count.  In the main "regular" pockets, fiddle around the bottom of the pocket and you'll find an extra cavern that goes deeper than the rest of the pocket does--that's the Deep Pocket.

Makes sense. You don't wanna have to re-connect the liner every time you use the gravity pocket.

The gravity pocket is pretty unusable with the liner in either way... To get to the inside flap you'd have to push the liner sleeve out the way which is pretty awkward. It would be faster to just unzip and take the stuff back out of the sleeve.

Looks good from where I'm sitting.

thanks! 

As I promised before I will upload Papi size info, here it is:[ Errolson: 183 cm, 75 kg ]

Best way to adjust your fit according to this,cause it's official for real lol.Basicly boss goes all size m,but I do heard he tricks with some different sizes in lookbook. Just guess.

Thanks, I assumed errolson was slightly shorter than me, but he's about the same height. I'm glad I went with an L tho, the seams on the shoulders line up just like they should, and the sleeves are the right length, even though it fits a little roomier/longer overall.  

a Size M might fit more like it should tho, since if I would layer with this, so it could be seen from under the jacket it would have to come quite far down, and the proportions would probably look wack. Would it be worth it to return it and hope for something as nice on SS/17 or should I keep it? Since I wont be finding a size M j56 anytime soon. Some advice in that regard would be appreciated. 

Edited by TechwearEnthusiast