Acronym.

Westbrook

What's the difference between fabrics in  p10-ch and p10-ds? Which ones is better?

This reminds me of comparing apple and banana,man.

Thinking you could use search function here,i have to say it works very well.

Oh well,not this time.

ch and ds both from Schoeller,ch more for fw and ds for summer,ch is kinda mixture with cotton(my ss16 version,43%),ds is non-cotton.

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

It's finally winter here, so I had a chance to put my new J58/J56 combo to the test yesterday. 

J58-WS: Really warm. Feels great to wear this in cold weather. The interior is super soft, it's not bulky and does a great job of keeping out the cold partly because of the elasticized bottom and unique cuff adjustments. Love the pocket placements and sizes.

J56-GT: For me, this is a really special jacket. I also have a J47-GT, that I love and wear all the time, but these are really different beasts. The J47 is a great quick throw on and go, low profile and very functional. The J56 is far more of a statement piece. The chest pockets are beautiful and highly functional. I was initially unsure of how they would look when full of stuff, but they look great. I had my phone in one side and a pair of gloves in the other and it still looks great. The button only front closure is a little slower than a zipper, but still fast enough, and it allows for many different approaches to wearing the shell. I love the combination of high tech and tradition in this piece.

Both together: This is a really magical combination. The zip-in mechanism is perfect and the two pieces mate amazingly well. Wearing the J56 slightly open, and using the J58 pockets looks and feels amazing. The only down side so far is that I can't figure out how to easily use the interops for my bag when the J58 is zipped in... 

This makes me want another shell that the J58 can go into... maybe for FW17. 

you make me want to buy the j56 now  :wacko:

just wondering if you or anyone can comment on the sizing of the j56? measurements look pretty generous and didn't know to size down or not. made the mistake of not sizing down on the j28k so don't want to go through that again.

It's finally winter here, so I had a chance to put my new J58/J56 combo to the test yesterday. 

J58-WS: Really warm. Feels great to wear this in cold weather. The interior is super soft, it's not bulky and does a great job of keeping out the cold partly because of the elasticized bottom and unique cuff adjustments. Love the pocket placements and sizes.

J56-GT: For me, this is a really special jacket. I also have a J47-GT, that I love and wear all the time, but these are really different beasts. The J47 is a great quick throw on and go, low profile and very functional. The J56 is far more of a statement piece. The chest pockets are beautiful and highly functional. I was initially unsure of how they would look when full of stuff, but they look great. I had my phone in one side and a pair of gloves in the other and it still looks great. The button only front closure is a little slower than a zipper, but still fast enough, and it allows for many different approaches to wearing the shell. I love the combination of high tech and tradition in this piece.

Both together: This is a really magical combination. The zip-in mechanism is perfect and the two pieces mate amazingly well. Wearing the J56 slightly open, and using the J58 pockets looks and feels amazing. The only down side so far is that I can't figure out how to easily use the interops for my bag when the J58 is zipped in... 

This makes me want another shell that the J58 can go into... maybe for FW17. 

This reminds me of comparing apple and banana,man.

Thinking you could use search function here,i have to say it works very well.

Oh well,not this time.

ch and ds both from Schoeller,ch more for fw and ds for summer,ch is kinda mixture with cotton(my ss16 version,43%),ds is non-cotton.

I'm well aware of the differences in composition and fabric manufacturer, hoped to get some insight from somebody who had both versions and could compare.

just wondering if you or anyone can comment on the sizing of the j56? measurements look pretty generous and didn't know to size down or not. made the mistake of not sizing down on the j28k so don't want to go through that again.

I would say just take your normal size. The J28 has that baggy/boxy fit on purpose whereas the J56 is more fitted. Different fits for different jackets - I took the same size in both of them. J56 is cut for the liner but it doesn't feel excessive without one (similar to J53) if you ask me.

Edited by RemarkableArmor

Anyone willing to chime in on their most *effective* winter outfits incorporating ACR? I'm curious to hear how you stay warm in the winter and as to how cold it actually is in your location.  :ph34r:

J32 or J47 over Icebreaker merino zipfront hoodie + Icebreaker merino longsleeve shirt + Patagonia longsleeve medium-weight thermal undershirt, with a cashmere neck-gaiter, is my default pit-of-winter upper body dress code. Not quite enough for standing at a bus stop in -10°C in a high wind for half a hour, but it's the tits for pounding winter sidewalks all day, down to about -20°C. Best part is, when I pop into a store or the subway, I don't turn into a ball of sweat.

Subsitute Nike Tech Fleece zipfront hoodie (definite Errolson DNA or riffage in the hood & pocket design) over just the undershirt, with a polar fleece neck-gaiter, when it's at or above freezing point.

What's the difference between fabrics in p10-ch and p10-ds? Which ones is better?

CH is cotton and aramid blend. DS is nylon. S is long staple cotton. In short: the weave on the DS pants is more open and better suited to high output activity. CH is more casual and insulating.

In order of water protection it's S stotz etaproof>CH schoeller microtwill>DS schoeller dryskin. Breathability is reversed from water protection: DS>CH>S. Fabric weight is CH>S>DS. DS has higher stretch. CH has 2 way stretch (minimal). S has no stretch. Colorfastness: DS>CH>S. Abrasion resistance: CH/S>DS.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by CARLOOA

I took my normal acr size and am happy with it. It fits a little looser than my J47-GT, but it also way better for layering or using with the liner. I'd say that my normal size fits much like the pics on the acr website model. 

What's the difference between fabrics in p10-ch and p10-ds? Which ones is better?

To answer your first question:

S:

- windproof

- no stretch

- organic

- lots of fading from UV and handle with care washing (no hot water, no hanging in the sun)

DS:

- lot more breathable than S and CH

- most stretch compared to S and CH

- man made

- no fading and easy washing

- vulnerable to piling

CH

- More breathable than S

- More stretch than S, less than DS

- Fire resistanto?

- Still fading with UV but less than S and easy washing

These are functional and not style differences like feel of the fabric of how it drapes.

To answer your 2nd question:

I have best experiences with CH for trousers but still ended up buying two (P24A-)S...

Mind giving your opinion on drape, too?

As above, fabric weight: CH>S>DS. While the CH is more heavy, it is more flowing, the hand is softer than S too. S has a tendency, like all full cotton pants to be 'crispy' when air dried. In this regard DS has less structure than S or CH.

Night is obviously more blue than Midnight—isn't that evident from relative descriptors. C'mon guys you're contributing to the fall of civilization. :) Also, I think night is the only other CH color other than black and grey melange.

Edited by CARLOOA

from what i've own the ds drapes like baggy leggings would drape. if you're buying ds you are probably buying it for the stretch comfort and no fading. s drape might be the best in terms of looks. ch is the best fabric.

all imo of course.

Mind giving your opinion on drape, too?

for those of you with the j-58 attached to a shell - can you still sling it? when i've slung my shell with some heavy-ish shit in the pockets it would annoyingly bounce around when i walked due to the elasticity of the jacket sling. wondering how much weight the liner adds and if the jacket sling is still functional.

anyone who bought anything recently from acrnm.com (within past 5 days) have received their shipping notice?

i placed an order over the weekend and was sent a shipping notice on monday, but its been 2 days and UPS shows that its not been picked up yet, though an email to acrnm.com and i got a reply saying that it was picked up and for orders >1000eu outside the EU UPS needs 1-3 days to process customs approval = no status update now.

to be honest, thats the first time I've heard of this. from personal experienced and confirmed by a call to UPS said that there should be a pickup scan regardless of the need to process customs approval or not, as that will be done in the background simultaneously.

Edited by nictan

yea but i dont even have the pickup scan now on mine, which is usually done once the courier picks it up and scans the barcode on the spot?

anyway heard from another sufu member that apparently its common for it to take around 2 days before it appeara for some weird reason..

Edited by nictan

To answer your first question:

S:

- windproof

- no stretch

- organic

- lots of fading from UV and handle with care washing (no hot water, no hanging in the sun)

DS:

- lot more breathable than S and CH

- most stretch compared to S and CH

- man made

- no fading and easy washing

- vulnerable to piling

CH

- More breathable than S

- More stretch than S, less than DS

- Fire resistanto?

- Still fading with UV but less than S and easy washing

These are functional and not style differences like feel of the fabric of how it drapes.

To answer your 2nd question:

I have best experiences with CH for trousers but still ended up buying two (P24A-)S...

AFAIK the CH microtwill isn't made from aramid, it's just the thread that's used to sew those pieces together. 

anyone who bought anything recently from acrnm.com (within past 5 days) have received their shipping notice?

i placed an order over the weekend and was sent a shipping notice on monday, but its been 2 days and UPS shows that its not been picked up yet, though an email to acrnm.com and i got a reply saying that it was picked up and for orders >1000eu outside the EU UPS needs 1-3 days to process customs approval = no status update now.

to be honest, thats the first time I've heard of this. from personal experienced and confirmed by a call to UPS said that there should be a pickup scan regardless of the need to process customs approval or not, as that will be done in the background simultaneously.

yea but i dont even have the pickup scan now on mine, which is usually done once the courier picks it up and scans the barcode on the spot?

anyway heard from another sufu member that apparently its common for it to take around 2 days before it appeara for some weird reason..

Placed an order for my J1A-GT from acrnm.com around two weeks ago to be delivered to the United States and tracking read 'label created, awaiting pickup etc' for a solid week before tracking finally indicated it was in transit. Order was valued at over 1000 euros, but didn't spend more than 12 hours total going through German and US customs inspections.

Edited by robbatussin

Placed an order for my J1A-GT from acrnm.com around two weeks ago to be delivered to the United States and tracking read 'label created, awaiting pickup etc' for a solid week before tracking finally indicated it was in transit. Order was valued at over 1000 euros, but didn't spend more than 12 hours total going through German and US customs inspections.

thats what i am extremely confused about. was told ytd that the parcel has not actually been picked up, and that they are waiting for customs approval to release it to ups. this is again ive heard of smth like that. isnt customs evalutation done when it reaches?

i do know that various couriers including UPS carry out customs processing simultaneously or even upon arrival and it usually passes through same-day.

but to wait for approval before shipping doesnt make any sense. maybe a german law thing? we're talking about clothing here, not restricted items. even exotic leather export/import is fuss-free with CITES documentation.

this is normal. i've placed several orders with acrnm before and whenever a high value package (i believe the threshold is 1000 euros) is involved, it's always taken up to a week for "routine customs inspection/clearance" by the German government prior to actual shipment. relax, you'll get your package. 

Edited by chaosen