Acronym.

Westbrook

If you're referring to the ridge that's easy to see on the back of his neck in this photo: http://img11.shop-pro.jp/PA01145/705/product/96573805_o7.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20151214194805

I assume it's for weather protection/rain resistance. If you curl it in like he has smoothly it's neat how perfectly formed in a circle around your neck it is. The patterns on these jackets must be insane

Not a popular opinion but thought i'd share:

I think a lot of people are missing the point of the J58. Most people bought it as a stand alone bomber and are now disappointed about the elastic hem around the waist. 

I'm going to have to disagree with all of you. San Francisco is fucking freezing today and I tested it out zipping it into my J1A-GT for the first time. It's everything I thought it would be. Normally my J1A would have breeze coming in from the bottom which along with the breathable fabric of the goretex, i'd freeze my ass off.

J58 solved that problem. The elastic waist wraps around my body to trap warmth and because it's a tad cropped, my J1A can still have that nice drape at the bottom when i unzip the left zipper. I like putting my hands in my side pockets,  with just J1A it's a problem since i have a plus size phone and a wallet. Now I have all these extra pockets to put my shit in and still can keep my hands warm.

Personally i think the j58 - j1A combo is the epitome of functionality. You need to give it a chance. 

I think a lot of people are missing the point of the J58. Most people bought it as a stand alone bomber and are now disappointed about the elastic hem around the waist. 

I'm going to have to disagree with all of you. San Francisco is fucking freezing today and I tested it out zipping it into my J1A-GT for the first time. It's everything I thought it would be. Normally my J1A would have breeze coming in from the bottom which along with the breathable fabric of the goretex, i'd freeze my ass off.

J58 solved that problem. The elastic waist wraps around my body to trap warmth and because it's a tad cropped, my J1A can still have that nice drape at the bottom when i unzip the left zipper. I like putting my hands in my side pockets,  with just J1A it's a problem since i have a plus size phone and a wallet. Now I have all these extra pockets to put my shit in and still can keep my hands warm.

Personally i think the j58 - j1A combo is the epitome of functionality. You need to give it a chance. 

Wore mine out in SF yesterday well as a standalone piece. Held up well as I rode around the city.

Agree with your points about the waistband, it definitely helps keep my body warm, but it rides up a bit probably due to my body position on a bike. Either way, the more I wear it the more I like it.

Anyone willing to chime in on their most *effective* winter outfits incorporating ACR? I'm curious to hear how you stay warm in the winter and as to how cold it actually is in your location.  :ph34r:

When it gets cold in Detroit (~20f) I wear a La5-mp and Arcteryx Atom vest under a J46-s and find it to be pretty warm. I'm more of a veilance guy when it comes to pants but I'm sure any stotz pants would be fine for winter, especially if you rock long underwear.

When it gets cold in Detroit (~20f) I wear a La5-mp and Arcteryx Atom vest under a J46-s and find it to be pretty warm. I'm more of a veilance guy when it comes to pants but I'm sure any stotz pants would be fine for winter, especially if you rock long underwear.

Sounds cozy af. I've heard a lot of recommendations for arcteryx vests, interesting..

That's what I was saying about the elastic band—insulation and maintenance of microclimate.

As a side note I've spent the last week with the j58. It's my new favorite everything. I'm in California and spent the day at the beach at a couple different breweries. A light weight coat (with a sling that people are constantly confused by) that's the perfect amount of wind resistance and warmth is a thing of dreams. Thanks Erl

Apologies in advance for posting yet another J1A-GT sizing question. After doing some research here and elsewhere I'm a bit confused and this seems to be the best place to receive thorough responses to fit-related Acronym information.

I currently own the J32-GT as well as the J56-GT, both in size S. The J32 fit is snug, but fine without much layering underneath - a bit tighter than I'd like in the shoulders but not unbearable. The J56 is roomier and more accommodating of layering beneath it. Based on what I've read however, both the J32 and J1A run larger than other Acronym jackets.

This site lists the measurements of the J32 as follows (in a format consistent with Acronym's web store, so assuming they were ripped from there):

S M L XL
1/2 Chest 60 63 66 69
Length 69 72 75 78
Shoulders 14,5 15 15,5 16
Sleeves 64 66 68 70
All measurements in centimeters.

Acronym's web store lists the J1A-GT's measurements like so:

S M L XL
1/2 Chest 57 60 63 66
Length 68 71 74 77
Shoulders 13,5 14 14,5 15
Sleeves 67 69 71 73
All measurments in centimeters.

Given this information as well as experience with the garments mentioned above, can anyone provide insight into how I should expect a J1A to fit compared to the J32 and J56? Based on the measurements alone, it appears that the J1A actually would be smaller than the other two, but this kinda seems inconsistent with what I've read.

If it helps at all, I'm 5'8.5" and about 145lbs with somewhat wide shoulders.

Appreciate any advice or recommendations!

Edited by Enaml

Yeah, I used the Nikwax hard shell wash and then re-proofer and it worked well. Made it worth the heavy discount I forced on a retailer that sold me a well-worn jacket as new!

Do you find the j-28 to be sufficiently waterproof? I've heard conflicting reports but the product page states that it is.

Do you find the j-28 to be sufficiently waterproof? I've heard conflicting reports but the product page states that it is.

Got the feeling that was some copy/paste error and it's just water repellant rather than waterproof. (Assuming you mean the K and not GT which I'm sure is bulletproof)

Yeah, I used the Nikwax hard shell wash and then re-proofer and it worked well. Made it worth the heavy discount I forced on a retailer that sold me a well-worn jacket as new!

Thanks a lot! I assume you machine washed it on delicate and cold as well? Tags do say to handwash but it doesn't seem like it'd be destroyed if I stuck it in the washer.

Edited by coldknife

It's finally winter here, so I had a chance to put my new J58/J56 combo to the test yesterday. 

J58-WS: Really warm. Feels great to wear this in cold weather. The interior is super soft, it's not bulky and does a great job of keeping out the cold partly because of the elasticized bottom and unique cuff adjustments. Love the pocket placements and sizes.

J56-GT: For me, this is a really special jacket. I also have a J47-GT, that I love and wear all the time, but these are really different beasts. The J47 is a great quick throw on and go, low profile and very functional. The J56 is far more of a statement piece. The chest pockets are beautiful and highly functional. I was initially unsure of how they would look when full of stuff, but they look great. I had my phone in one side and a pair of gloves in the other and it still looks great. The button only front closure is a little slower than a zipper, but still fast enough, and it allows for many different approaches to wearing the shell. I love the combination of high tech and tradition in this piece.

Both together: This is a really magical combination. The zip-in mechanism is perfect and the two pieces mate amazingly well. Wearing the J56 slightly open, and using the J58 pockets looks and feels amazing. The only down side so far is that I can't figure out how to easily use the interops for my bag when the J58 is zipped in... 

This makes me want another shell that the J58 can go into... maybe for FW17. 

Got the feeling that was some copy/paste error and it's just water repellant rather than waterproof. (Assuming you mean the K and not GT which I'm sure is bulletproof)

I'm fairly certain it isn't waterproof. Been testing mine and it's certainly repellant to a degree, but that's about it.