Acronym.

Westbrook

Agreed with danii. I very much enjoy my 1k belt, but its very cringey and disrespectful with the acronym copies he's putting out. It would be another thing if he made them for personal use, but its not cool trying to sell them.

On another note; what is the function of the space behind the flak pocket on the j1a? There is a hook inside and a hole towards the top of it.

I guess it has a function but i have yet to figure it out.

What do you guys use it for?

Edited by Dellamore

2mr85.jpg

This is a response to someone selling the AF1 Downtowns, saw something similiar said by someone else a while back too. Anyone on here that knows more about this? Would kind of suck since i just dropped a good amount on a pair but would love to get the other colorways for retail.

Edited by jesterrp

Agreed with danii. I very much enjoy my 1k belt, but its very cringey and disrespectful with the acronym copies he's putting out. It would be another thing if he made them for personal use, but its not cool trying to sell them.

On another note; what is the function of the space behind the flak pocket on the j1a? There is a hook inside and a hole towards the top of it.

I guess it has a function but i have yet to figure it out.

What do you guys use it for?

i used that hook for keys, i put a very small carabiner for my home keys. But i also think that it will be nice for a pair of headphones. Just my point of view, maybe suck!!!

jediswayze: the chinese are having their fake j1a gig as a full time as well, you better support them too!

You must know something I dont..all 1K stuff you can actually buy (belts, pins, tshirts, hoodies) have all been very much their own products. He has always sourced Acronym style buckles and shit for his own mods how is this any different?

You must know something I dont..all 1K stuff you can actually buy (belts, pins, tshirts, hoodies) have all been very much their own products. He has always sourced Acronym style buckles and shit for his own mods how is this any different?

Most his products are blatant copies of ACR / Bagjack products. I'm neither sticking up for him or putting him down when I say this - but you have to give the kid credit for being the first person to successfully bootleg ACR to begin with. 

oh the white helvetica print on black shirt, sorry forgot about those.

I guess I already humiliated the 1000shame enough today and feel kinda sorry. It could look like that I envy him the likes, the hype and the sales, but I really don't. I just don't want people to defend anyone who does not deserve it. I have been on my own full time gig as well and I know that one has to do even stuff he does not like to pay the bills, but faking is not really worth it. We all can agree he has some sewing skills but designwise he still has a lot to work on, shame that he is full time giging it and all he came out with was stupid version of plate carrier, copy of a keychain and a copy of a pouch. Belts were before he quit his two jobs. Not everyone can be a designer.

l dont know from my point of view its the same. J1A is here to gain profit /1K-MP2TS is here to gain profit. maybe the difference is that he did not invest in creating the fake acronym branding. yet.

I don't think it's the same, danii. I have to agree with Inkinsurgent here. There's no malicious intent.

Besides, didn't you make a 3A-12TS bag and velcro patches with 3RDARM branding on them (both of which are really cool btw)? You also posted them on Instagram but you're not selling them publicly and neither did 1000Death.

So from my point of view, what you and 1000death did is the same. I see both of them as more of a tribute rather than a replica.

gamo: none of those were ever for sale, they were for my personal usage. I know fernando did claim the very same thing but there are proofs he offered those via DM and closed groups. Innocent until proven guilty.

jediswayze: I already said I am sorry I got carried away with internetz (but I never made it to neg rep you). And just for the record Acronym is the most famous techwear brand but there were others before.

Edited by danii

Bringing this back to Acronym proper... is a 3A-6TS too big for an EDC? I am deliberating on the black foil 3A-6TS on ACRNM.com and silver foil 3A-5TS that ACRHIVE has on sale. My regular shit I carry is maybe books, a 15inch laptop, and a second jacket. I'm looking for a bag that I can audible to carrying more stuff with without being too unwieldy not filled up. Does anyone got the volume specs on either—or an approximation in beer cans?

I have never ran a 6TS but from info I read on it. the fact it doesn't have the the back support may affect how comfortable its is on your back/long term quest. but like I said. not really sure. I have run a 5ts, for 4 years and it can fit 2good sized book and a couple binders. if you are running a soft shell it will have to lay on top of your books. but that's the limit.

as much as I don't want you to buy that SVR, it will serve what you want. I mean hell if you don't like it you could always sell it to me. *but we are gonna have to do like a 11 payment layaway plan*

Not to beat a dead horse but man that 1000deaths posting yesterday really created a stir !!!

Just to be clear, I commented about him not being a Xerox because I assumed the posting was just of Bagjack gear and his affinity for the style.  Peter over at Bagjack reached out and explained some of the background...he's a good guy and was gracious enough to understand where I was coming from...

I'm a fan of ACRNM and Bagjack like many here...I had no idea there was talk of them being made by him and sold.  Personally I wouldn't support that kinda action....

Just wanted to clear that up being I was one of the last commenters before the post was pulled....

Enough said about that fiasco !!!

Edited by jward451

oh the white helvetica print on black shirt, sorry forgot about those.

I guess I already humiliated the 1000shame enough today and feel kinda sorry. It could look like that I envy him the likes, the hype and the sales, but I really don't. I just don't want people to defend anyone who does not deserve it. I have been on my own full time gig as well and I know that one has to do even stuff he does not like to pay the bills, but faking is not really worth it. We all can agree he has some sewing skills but designwise he still has a lot to work on, shame that he is full time giging it and all he came out with was stupid version of plate carrier, copy of a keychain and a copy of a pouch. Belts were before he quit his two jobs. Not everyone can be a designer.

Gonna have to agree wholeheartedly after reading those IG posts back and forth.

Its one thing to customize your gear from a project/ art standpoint because you are a legitimate enthusiast of Acronyms gear -- its a whole another level to have the intent to sell their designs.  This is the equivalent of plagiarism in published writing, or pirating an engineer's design and taking full credit for it.  Hopefully he has some OG designs that will change our minds a bit?

I noticed every time 1K created an acronym copy (fidlock keychain 3a-wk3, 3a-mp2ts) he posted quickly on insta and then immediately

deleted it after an hour or so. Very much a premeditated decision.  Is he doing bodily harm to any other? No.  Is he knowingly and willingly making money off someone else's authentic designs (diluting the market, decreasing items value)? Yes.

Anywho, I'm assuming several modulars will release in oct, yes? So much tec sys in the first drop! 

I have never ran a 6TS but from info I read on it. the fact it doesn't have the the back support may affect how comfortable its is on your back/long term quest. but like I said. not really sure. I have run a 5ts, for 4 years and it can fit 2good sized book and a couple binders. if you are running a soft shell it will have to lay on top of your books. but that's the limit.

as much as I don't want you to buy that SVR, it will serve what you want. I mean hell if you don't like it you could always sell it to me. *but we are gonna have to do like a 11 payment layaway plan*

Matticus thanks for this. Anyone got some thoughts on the 6TS? HOW MUCH BEER DOES IT HOLD?

Bringing this back to Acronym proper... is a 3A-6TS too big for an EDC? I am deliberating on the black foil 3A-6TS on ACRNM.com and silver foil 3A-5TS that ACRHIVE has on sale. My regular shit I carry is maybe books, a 15inch laptop, and a second jacket. I'm looking for a bag that I can audible to carrying more stuff with without being too unwieldy not filled up. Does anyone got the volume specs on either—or an approximation in beer cans?

Not sure about the specs but I struggle to fit my 15 inch laptop in my 3a-3ts. It give the bag an odd shape. You are in the right ball park looking at the bigger bags. Hope that helps a bit :D.

DISCLAIMER: SARCASM

so maybe we should all really be thankful for the conflict humans have with each other, which drives us to the point of destruction and ending lives, bc w/o that, would any of this even exist?

~ apologies if i've offended anyone 

Edited by v1984