Acronym.

Westbrook

Anyone notice this new 3A piece? Any ideas what this is? I just grabbed the J57TS-SS, which blew me away in person. Sadly, it didn't come with these 3A pocket attachments  :P Wishful thinking I know ha!

aad36ab354_w950.jpg

e2603722d5_w950.jpg

Did it fit pretty TTS? I usually size down for "straight" which its listed, but looks a little "profile" to me.

I just received my prestos and time to add to the confusion; it fits TTS.

I was told to size down (I'm a 10 and went for S) and now it's snug (wearing it unzipped is fine though), my toe touches the tip of the shoe

Got a sizing question about the upcoming October drop.

I feel as if I am between sizes; J1AGT size M feels slightly big, a J51WS size M seems to fit fine, whereas a J25WS and J42GT in size S seem to be slightly too tight. 

I am asking in regards to the J50S and J58WS.. What do you guys reckon? Should I size M or size S. Im worried that the bomber will be too long if i go for the M.

For reference, I am 173cm and 71kg.

Album of reference pics. 

http://imgur.com/a/87Y1D

Cheers.

edit: fixed link

Edited by piglettyface

did the P10s size S sold out already or are they only dropping in oct? I'm only seeing M & L.

side note: got my prestos shipping confirmation last night. surprisingly shipped via UPS just as they said they would even though invoice was for regular post. def not complaining though.

Sold out in small.

argh thanks.

p10a-s or ch? seems that ch has stretch but s doesnt? but ch is a lighter fabric? never handled the fabrics in person so any insight is much appreciated. thanks!

seriously considering j53ts too... thats the real reason for being born with two kidneys

argh thanks.

p10a-s or ch? seems that ch has stretch but s doesnt? but ch is a lighter fabric? never handled the fabrics in person so any insight is much appreciated. thanks!

seriously considering j53ts too... thats the real reason for being born with two kidneys

Honestly I'd do ETA proof over Scholler.  ETA proof drapes better, scholler "bunches up" more, especially around the calf zips.

I think it depends on what your definition of "drape" is. I've owned both the p10-s and ch variants.

S - stiffer, less give. This is 100% cotton so it fades/marks similarly to raw denim (actually a great look IMHO). stacks better due to the stiffness. wabi-sabi life.

CH - significantly softer handfeel. def more luxe. Given that it's a synthetic blend it's more resistant to fading. I found that this "drapes" more and moves more naturally. the stretch is very comfy. 

just buy both, no ragrets.

Edited by solographik

edit: points covered by solographik..

just to make sure i got it right, etaproof = stotz = S and CH= schoeller?

but i read somewhere that etaproof is stiffer? and also fades easily?

additionally, cant seem to find any P10A-S in black small anywhere, only CH.

only got 2 kidneys, if i have 3, definitely no ragrets buying both fabrics

Edited by nictan

edit: points covered by solographik..

just to make sure i got it right, etaproof = stotz = S and CH= schoeller?

but i read somewhere that etaproof is stiffer? and also fades easily?

additionally, cant seem to find any P10A-S in black small anywhere, only CH.

only got 2 kidneys, if i have 3, definitely no ragrets buying both fabrics

From what i saw, only the mainsite carried the p10a's in Small. All other sites only seemed to have a medium. End drops tomorrow, so may be worth waiting to see what size run they have.

another oddity - i purchased my pair from revive (p10a-s in a medium), and the shop sent me a photo of the waist measurement (just a hair over 16"). This is almost an inch smaller than the main site's waist measurement, so we'll see. Will report back once i receive the pats.

In my opinion, there's no comparison. The Microtwill CH is just a vastly better material all round than the Stotz. It's comfier, stretchier, more resiliant to everything and imo looks nicer. The only reason i would buy Stotz again when there was a CH option is for the Raf Green. 

thanks. will wait for end tomorrow. if they really are 16'' though then i might be able to get away with an M, assuming they do not stretch out much after a few wears. i would say im a true 46.

how easy does the S fade though? if similar to raw denim as you said then it should only show significant fading after tons of wear + wash?

if worn on a rotation basis + dry cleaning would it still fade as easily? can deal with some standard cotton fading but not sure about honeycombs whiskers and shit.

stiffness sounds good, stretch sounds good too. goddamnit putting 'buy both' ideas in my head

If I had the choice, I'd def go with CH over S, it feels less like armour and more like clothing, so much more comfy, if I could afford to I would go CH every time, shame it is not made in olive as there would be no need to have the S and surely the price would be lower too given there really is no need to make the S version if a CH exists. I'd love to know the business decision behind that.

I didn't notice any stretch in the waist with either of my pairs, and i wore both of them hard (daily commutes via bike). 

I may have overstated the raw denim thing. It will fade, but you won't get crazy honeycombs/whiskers etc. You'll definitely get creasing along areas of high friction/wear though.

nictan: PM'd you some pics

edit: all this hate on stotz ;) both fabrics are amazing in their own rights! one of the things that isn't mentioned is that you can reapply the DWR on the stotz fabric. On the schoeller site, they say that 3xDRY finish lasts about 50 washes. I'm not even close to that yet, but i wonder what will happen towards the end of the lifecycle. With the stotz, you can essentially re-apply indefinitely.

however, this might be a moot point since we're all buying new pants every season, right?! right?!

Edited by solographik

The end of lifecycle begins with each new ACR season release, like leaves from a tree in Autumn, last season's clothes are tossed aside making way for the influx of new flesh ! 

I don't hate Stotz by any ((ahem)), stretch, but CH undeniably feels nicer to wear. I have 3 pairs of ACRNM 'S' trousers.

edit: all this hate on stotz ;) both fabrics are amazing in their own rights! one of the things that isn't mentioned is that you can reapply the DWR on the stotz fabric. On the schoeller site, they say that 3xDRY finish lasts about 50 washes. I'm not even close to that yet, but i wonder what will happen towards the end of the lifecycle. With the stotz, you can essentially re-apply indefinitely.

You sure you're not getting your CH's mixed up? We're talking about the more recent Industrial Micro Twill, not the 3xDry. The older Acrnm CH pants (e.g. P14-CH) used 3xDry i believe, the newer ones (e.g. P23-CH) are all Micro Twill, totally different materials.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong here!

You sure you're not getting your CH's mixed up? We're talking about the more recent Industrial Micro Twill, not the 3xDry. The older Acrnm CH pants (e.g. P14-CH) used 3xDry i believe, the newer ones (e.g. P23-CH) are all Micro Twill, totally different materials.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong here!

I could be talking out of my ass, but AFAIK 3XDRY is a finish and not a material in its own right. the pair of p10-ch that i purchased from SS16 came w/ a 3XDRY tag in the bag, along w/ a coldblack one (both schoeller technologies). 

Edited by solographik

In my opinion, there's no comparison. The Microtwill CH is just a vastly better material all round than the Stotz. It's comfier, stretchier, more resiliant to everything and imo looks nicer. The only reason i would buy Stotz again when there was a CH option is for the Raf Green. 

^ exactly my point also, another note is even the black CH becomes blueish after a couple wash...

welcome to the Acronym family @nictan, I still remember buying the ma+ bag from you many years back lol