Acronym.

Westbrook

I'd be interested to see what the ACR crew came up with if they ever decided to produce a down insulated gilet.

I know some might want to point out si:sp but I mean purebred Acrnm.

Always wondered why this was absent from the lineup.

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

You are talking about homogenized inflation.

Labor cost on Tilak factory, material costs, etc  increased from 2012 more then 5%

Retail companies have increased prices more than 5% over the years. Acronym isn't the only brand with a year over year increase in their prices. 

Well I'm probably being unfair. And it's easy to mis-remember these things. So many variables go into perception of cost.

Looking back over the last 6 drops what's evident is that it's hard to compare the items, objectively, from one to the next, unless they're re-releases.

Something which is evidently re-occurring is the P10. We've seen some more variety recently than we had in the past, but the -S is a mainstay. Excepting the newer P10A variant which understandably is more dear, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the one from FW-1213 cost the same price as the one from SS-16! How's that for consistency.

Outside of something like the P10 where it's the same model, same textile, season after season, it becomes hard to objectively compare price. What's fair? What constitutes 'sameness'?

But when people say that this season is "more expensive" than previous they're not saying it because Acronym is the only only retailer doing it (because they're not) and they're not saying it because people think that all the other costs involved inproduction are static and unchanging (because they're not). And people aren't saying that Acronym is more expensive because they think it's just as popular as it used to be (because it's not). People are saying it's more expensive now because their perception of what the product costs absolutely relative to their perception of the product's value, has changed.

Edited by Sypron

I'd be interested to see what the ACR crew came up with if they ever decided to produce a down insulated gilet.

I know some might want to point out si:sp but I mean purebred Acrnm.

Always wondered why this was absent from the lineup.

The PL-J1 was a Primaloft insulated jacket with detachable sleeves, turning into a gilet. There was a hooded and non hooded version.

The PL-J1 was a Primaloft insulated jacket with detachable sleeves, turning into a gilet. There was a hooded and non hooded version.

Yes I remember that, never turned me on, I was more about the full-on dedicated gilet, like the SI:SP Modular down, just seems like a missing piece.

I guess there's always next winter ! you never know eh?

I'm still trying to track down  a sisp one in my size, I'm a prat for flogging mine. live and learn

September 15th seems likely. Don't hold your breath. It's on Nike's website currently. 

I wonder if all the colorways will be released through Nike or just the Black/Bamboo ones. If that's the case, guess I get to pay out the ass to a reseller. (Fuck em, by the way)

Has anyone seen those Presto Mid Utility that are about to be released this fall? With those zips they make ACRNM ones not to look as conceptually innovative and futuristic as they are. Who reused the who's idea?

Edited by Ponga91

Anyone else not receive tracking confirmation from acrnm? Emailed and no response..  

For some reason ACRNM has always been really shitty with their emails since the website redesign (in my opinion), maybe they changed the platform for their mail-server or something. Didn't get a shipping confirmation for my last two orders and no response when I tried to hit them up about it either, stuff still shows up though, eventually.