Acronym.

Westbrook

After eyeing acronym gear for a few years I finally got it together and got myself a jacket. And now I'm obsessed with getting a bag. I've been trying to figure out what bag would be best for me and was hoping you could help me out. 

Most of the pictures i've seen show the 31-a and 3a-3ts slung pretty low. When I ride my bike I normally wear bags pretty high up on my back and use a stabilizing strap the help keep them from moving around too much. I've only seen stabilizing straps on the bigger bags like the 5a and 6a.

Cyclists out there, do you have issues with your smaller bags moving around? Is there an add on stabilizing strap that I've missed? 

Does that zipper pocket on the side of the 3ts open up to a laptop compartment? 

For the bigger bags that do have the stabilizer straps, can they work with interops jackets if the bag is pretty empty? Or is interops compatibility more about the bag's strap, not the actual size of the bag? 

Random extra question: The headphones I use aren't magnetic enough for the force lock strip and I don't like apple's earbuds. Does anyone have recommendations of headphones that sound good and also work well with force lock? 

Sorry for listing so many questions at once, and thanks for the help. 

After eyeing acronym gear for a few years I finally got it together and got myself a jacket. And now I'm obsessed with getting a bag. I've been trying to figure out what bag would be best for me and was hoping you could help me out. 

Most of the pictures i've seen show the 31-a and 3a-3ts slung pretty low. When I ride my bike I normally wear bags pretty high up on my back and use a stabilizing strap the help keep them from moving around too much. I've only seen stabilizing straps on the bigger bags like the 5a and 6a.

Cyclists out there, do you have issues with your smaller bags moving around? Is there an add on stabilizing strap that I've missed?

I've taken my 3TS on a bike and it's not fun. Constantly swings to the side, even when wearing it as high as possible (there was literally no more strap to take up to make it sit higher)...still had to keep throwing it back behind me. Wouldn't recommend. There is no stabilizing strap for these smaller bags, but you could try adding this one by DSPTCH.  Personally haven't used it but seems like it would work fine. 

Does that zipper pocket on the side of the 3ts open up to a laptop compartment?

I think you're referring to the 3A-1, not the 3TS, as only the former has the side zipper. Either way, neither have a dedicated laptop compartment, and wouldn't recommend it either unless it's for (very) quick jaunts. Some people here have experienced small holes in their bags due to the laptop corners' constant abrasion. Plus, these two bags are designed to be more anatomical (i.e. follow the curvature of your body) so that they sit more flush/hidden (which is what makes these bags ideal for Interops). Put a flat solid object in there and you eliminate its ability to "hug" your body. It performs much better with smaller items if you want to use it with Interops. But if you're not going for Interops, go ahead and throw a laptop in, but be aware that it may damage the bag eventually. And not just any laptop will fit--search this thread to find people's experiences with what does and doesn't. That said, these two were not designed to be laptop bags.

For the bigger bags that do have the stabilizer straps, can they work with interops jackets if the bag is pretty empty? Or is interops compatibility more about the bag's strap, not the actual size of the bag?

Sure, it can work, but you'll likely look like a hunchback :P With Interops the bag is sitting under the jacket, so the bigger the bag the bigger the bulge under your jacket. Compatibility isn't dictated by the strap, but the jacket and your tolerance for bulges on your side/back. 

Random extra question: The headphones I use aren't magnetic enough for the force lock strip and I don't like apple's earbuds. Does anyone have recommendations of headphones that sound good and also work well with force lock? 

Sorry for listing so many questions at once, and thanks for the help.

I'm not an audiophile so can't help too much with quality pieces, but I do like my Nocs.

new here. is there any comprehensive breakdown of the garment abbreviations? anyways.. if anyone is interested in an ex of FW retailer manifest, this is one from my local retailer..

also i'm looking for P23TS-S black or RAF green M, nike acg 2 in 1 system M black or white

SYXh4RH.jpg

Edited by nodre

Just go my shipping confirmation for the prestos!

As far as bags go for cycling. I tried both the 3TS and 5TS while cycling. The 3TS is, as piece keeper said, no fun at all. The 5TS is a bit better but still not all that great, which might be the case just because I'm used to my bagaboo bags but the 5TS just didn't sit properly on my back while I was on my bike.

Edited by kraak

jesus that leak! the return of the p10a. almost purchased a new j43k but can't wait to see the new one now.

off the top of my head

gt = goretex

s = stotz

ts = tech system

ws = windstopper

ng = neck gaiter

thanks for this

___

i saw a CH something and it was supposedly hydrophobic, but the micro twill designation seems to apply here and not to the hydrophobic property.

i'll be looking for the GT.

again, looking for P23TS-S Medium RAF green or Black, and acg 2 in 1 system medium black or white

hoping for a liner but wondering how it would work. theres that zip on the inside neck of the j1a-gt but it seems like a liner would need to attach in more places than just the neck. also the pics on the site about liner access. hmmmmm

If you notice on the inside cuff/wrist area of the jacket there's a loop. I assume the liner will have a button you secure in the loop.

anyone else got their shipping confirmation?  still waiting for mine. how long does acrnm.com usually take to ship? i would assume it might take longer than usual with the amount of orders

it wasn't all at once with the LF1's either but i've already received my email

I wouldn't recommend attempting to use interops with those larger bags. However there's no harm in simply wearing the bag over the jacket like you would with any non-interops jacket. Interops is an option, not a mandate. 

I used to use some stock-standard nokia earphones with force lock. I did find that the magnets weren't quite strong enough to hold and they would fall off rather often. If one of the two buds fell off, the weight of it would cause the other to fall as well.

However, for the past ~year I've been using Bragi's Dash which are wireless earphones. They also have very strong magnets built into them not to drive audio (which is the usual reason forcelock works) but instead to hold them into their charging cradles. Those same magnets work wonderfully with forcelock and create a very strong bond. The downside is if one does fall off it's doesn't have a safety harness; it's down and out.

LvVTmf9.jpg

I think you're referring to the 3A-1, not the 3TS, as only the former has the side zipper. Either way, neither have a dedicated laptop compartment, and wouldn't recommend it either unless it's for (very) quick jaunts. Some people here have experienced small holes in their bags due to the laptop corners' constant abrasion. Plus, these two bags are designed to be more anatomical (i.e. follow the curvature of your body) so that they sit more flush/hidden (which is what makes these bags ideal for Interops). Put a flat solid object in there and you eliminate its ability to "hug" your body. It performs much better with smaller items if you want to use it with Interops. But if you're not going for Interops, go ahead and throw a laptop in, but be aware that it may damage the bag eventually. And not just any laptop will fit--search this thread to find people's experiences with what does and doesn't. That said, these two were not designed to be laptop bags.

I use mine as a laptop bag. The easy solution to this problem is to just use a case for your laptop. Keeps the bag and the laptop from abrasion. Mind you, my laptop is on the smaller, lighter side (12" Surface Pro 4) which means it's more comfortable than many standard laptops would be.

anyone else got their shipping confirmation?  still waiting for mine. how long does acrnm.com usually take to ship? i would assume it might take longer than usual with the amount of orders

i ordered off acrnm.com for the first time last season, never received order confirmation or shipping. just showed up at my door in about a week or so . my email is correct but it may be because i used paypal idk. i Think the same will happen with my prestos order. 

Edited by blakebru97

So will that be everything released till SS?

Was hoping for something akin to the LA6 zip shirt...

retailers that have accounts with high end designers (visvim, balmain, givenchy etc) rarely carry the whole line offered. a rep from a retailer will usually go to fashion week, then visit the design house (where they have the whole seasonal line displayed) and decide the quantities (there are required minimum's to keep the account) of specific garments they will purchase from the design house. i don't wanna call this buying at wholesale, because to carry high volume of boutique design house's merchendise is still a small fortune. also it is possible some design houses wont even let someone carry the whole line. acronym i can for sure see doing that, they probably don't even have the man power and capacity to manufacture on such a scale to allow it.

sorry for the long winded answer. i do not think the manifest i posted is their whole FW line, just what that store is getting.

EDIT: hey so um i think i missed all the good info pertaining to the prestos.. would someone be so kind as to catch me up? any release date, colorway, and/or location info would be hugely appreciated.

Edited by nodre

it wasn't all at once with the LF1's either but i've already received my email

hmm alright, will keep an eye out for it.

i ordered off acrnm.com for the first time last season, never received order confirmation or shipping. just showed up at my door in about a week or so . my email is correct but it may be because i used paypal idk. i Think the same will happen with my prestos order. 

i did get both the order confirmation and payment confirmation emails though right after i ordered and paid (via paypal as well), but yet to receive shipping confirmation. and the acrnm.com website does not have a 'my account' or 'order history' page to check on status.

website says 2-3 days to asia, so if i don't get the shipping confirmation, hopefully they appear next week like you said.

EDIT: hey so um i think i missed all the good info pertaining to the prestos.. would someone be so kind as to catch me up? any release date, colorway, and/or location info would be hugely appreciated.

they dropped on acrnm.com couple days ago. sold out by now. but 'rumored' to be dropping next week at some retailers as well as nikelab locations though.

hmm alright, will keep an eye out for it.

i did get both the order confirmation and payment confirmation emails though right after i ordered and paid (via paypal as well), but yet to receive shipping confirmation. and the acrnm.com website does not have a 'my account' or 'order history' page to check on status.

website says 2-3 days to asia, so if i don't get the shipping confirmation, hopefully they appear next week like you said.

It takes time to deal with orders when main drops begin. Usually takes 2days to show up shipping information. Also ups is speedy to Asia, but when hitting custom,it declares all the details so do draw back the whole process.