Acronym.

Westbrook

just got this seasons j-25-ws in and i am not really happy with it. it's probably an unpopular opinion but i just don't see it being that great of a jacket. i know it's a quality piece but looking at it and wearing it it just doesnt feel that way. it reminds me of those $20 ultra thin jackets at uniqlo. i cant think of one detail about the jacket that really impressed me. add to the fact that the retail on the jacket is $600+ there isnt any way that it's worth that price to me. maybe ill change my mind if i get a chance to wear it outside instead of indoors

Sounds like it's a case of it not living up to your expecations. What were you expecting exactly? You knew it was superlight Windstopper, it packs up tiny with a cool little pocket when packed, has thumb loops and is incredibly well made, but other than that, was there something else you were hoping for?

Personally, it's my favourite summer rain jacket and is always stashed in my bag if i'm out in the unpredictable British weather. I have actually worn it in a downpour next to my wife who was wearing one of the ultralight uniqlo jackets and she got drenched compared to me. At the end of the day, only you can justify the price/value and if you don't think it's worth it, that's absolutely your prerogative.

Thank you Dolphinski, your description convinced me, just bought the purple one :D

He was talking about the j25-ws

as far as the colored j28s I also like purple the best followed by red then green

Edited by Senna

i guess trying on the jacket and looking at the details i wasn't as convinced that the purchase was worth it as normal when i purchase an item from acrnm. when i first received the j47a i was blown away by the details and quality of the jacket. they are two different jackets obviously but i just didn't get anything like that from the j25-ws. i suppose i will give it a shot during some downpour but i'll probably keep it in my 3a until then. thanks for the input

Always found the idea of a decorative strap like that a bit odd although maybe the point is to keep the shape of the shoe. I know he said he didn't want to do ballistic nylon or anything predictable but I'd really really like something with water resistance...my feet are consistently the weak point in this whole equation.

Honestly I'm kind of surprised that the LF1's didn't have a gore-tex lining or something (I mean it wouldn't totally work with the lateral zipper but to me it just seems like something Errolson would do). Since those released I've always figured a gore-tex shoe would be right up the ACRNM alley

i guess trying on the jacket and looking at the details i wasn't as convinced that the purchase was worth it as normal when i purchase an item from acrnm. when i first received the j47a i was blown away by the details and quality of the jacket. they are two different jackets obviously but i just didn't get anything like that from the j25-ws. i suppose i will give it a shot during some downpour but i'll probably keep it in my 3a until then. thanks for the input

I have both of these jackets. coming from the J47a it was kind of a shock getting the J25 and feeling how thin it is, but after some time with it I have nothing but positive feelings. it outclasses every windbreaker in terms of weather performance and fit. I wouldn't wear it in a downpour on purpose but if I think it will rain I just bring it and it handles 4/5 situations. also there's more reason to use the jacketsling with the J25 than any other acronym jacket I have. 

give it a shot and you will come to love it. 10/10 would buy a $600 windbreaker again

Edited by donburi

For me the whole LF1 thing was a bit of a disaster - tried loads of sizes and even though I have them in the tightest size I can stand, they still slip. I think it's just the shape of my feet (probably why I never wore AF1s) but basically all equated to me never wearing them so I'm keen for something new. The idea of Prestos in teeshirt sizes, rather than the proper sizes, is worrying me again but I do love the look of the two dark colorways.

Edited by RemarkableArmor

I reckon, and I find it difficult to say this, that the fact they are ACRNM should be ignored completely.

Let me put it this way, if they had no ACRNM logo would anyone here have taken any notice, I get a distinct impression of Emperor's New Shoes.

I liked the punk aesthetic of the LF1 but all others have barely raised an eyebrow, I normally love all things ACR so am no nay-sayer usually.

I think people should cast their eyes further afield and perhaps even in places they would not normally look, but I guess we are discussing ACRNM in particular.

Agree - they definitely wouldn't be my first choice of shoe and I'm not sure id take notice of the colorways if they were a GR. They're only on my radar because of the collab. Im easily swayed and buy into the whole ecosystem I admit. Now I have had my eyes opened to them I do think they would go very well, at least visually with ACRNM kit so I'll probably try em but yeah...*guilty*

Edited by RemarkableArmor

I reckon, and I find it difficult to say this, that the fact they are ACRNM should be ignored completely.

Let me put it this way, if they had no ACRNM logo would anyone here have taken any notice, I get a distinct impression of Emperor's New Shoes.

I liked the punk aesthetic of the LF1 but all others have barely raised an eyebrow, I normally love all things ACR so am no nay-sayer usually.

I think people should cast their eyes further afield and perhaps even in places they would not normally look, but I guess we are discussing ACRNM in particular.

Agreed. I really like the LF1 for the same reason.. it's like tech-punk with zippers and stuff almost just pasted on. The Presto doesn't do it for me at all, and that's largely because I really don't like the regular Presto. I'd love to see an ACR+Converse or something... 

Edited by emenel

Just wandering why J1A-GT doesn't make success. It's passed some time since it drop and still all sizes available on ACR site. To me it looks great and it encloses ACR history since it's the very first jacket designed.

That might be the answer right there, it is the oldest design that has probably had the most iterations and is not the cheapest. It's the genesis, that which most people I imagine are most familiar with.

We also do not know what numbers products are produced in.

The fact that buyers cannot try for size before purchasing ? 

I just don't know . . .   .