Acronym.

Westbrook

Recently picked up some P10-S and while the pants are very nice to wear, I'm experiencing the back pockets starting to "sag down" below the concealment panel, effectively exposing the pocket opening and obviously affecting the shape of the pants - has anyone else experienced this? Should be noted that this started happening after just 3 days of wear.

Contacted Acrnm, who just told me it was a "result of effective use" and to be expected. But really, after 3 days?

I wear my P10-CH almost daily, haven't had this issue. Do you pants fit pretty tight? Your ass might be pushing the pockets out

I have already asked so many times about leftside interopsae since I prefer left hand swing:) now that my 3A bag is with holster style straps I would have to buy another 3A bag for interopsae. not even that motvated ACR customer support to reply.

I wear my P10-CH almost daily, haven't had this issue. Do you pants fit pretty tight? Your ass might be pushing the pockets out

Nope, good amount of space- only a bit on the short end, 'cus I have long as fuck legs.

The CH does have more stretch than the S as far as I gather, so might be a bit related to fabric?

Every single pair of p10 i've owned (regardless of material it was made from) has done this to some extent. The newest pair of CH is probably the most resistant to that happening but it's something that should be expected as you pull at that area to access the pocket. Not saying it's OK, but not unusual. 

Zipper to my 3A-1 is off the rail, any tips on getting it back on? Currently can only zip with one working zip one way.

i don't remember seeing you say which version you have. does it have a metal zipper? if it does, a tailor could fix that easily, or even diy if you want to try it. not sure about a plastic zipper though, but a tailor is probably still your best bet.

Zipper to my 3A-1 is off the rail, any tips on getting it back on? Currently can only zip with one working zip one way.

I have the same problem. I was planning on sending it back to ACR for repairs but have not gotten around to doing it. You can try and reconnect the zipper using pliers but in my case, the self repair was temporary and it would always come off again.

I ended up caving in and buying a SR14-BR and I can echo the comments of a few pages back about the tight neck hole. I wanted a slightly oversized fit so ended up getting a L and there was definitely some threads snapping the first couple times I put it on / took it off. Similarly, the band at the bottom of the sweater is so tight, it keeps sliding up and makes me look like a muffin top lol. It'll be fine with some wear of course though.  

Every single pair of p10 i've owned (regardless of material it was made from) has done this to some extent. The newest pair of CH is probably the most resistant to that happening but it's something that should be expected as you pull at that area to access the pocket. Not saying it's OK, but not unusual. 

That's disappointing. I'd expect better tailoring - these pants have zippers all over the place; that would've been a spot to put some. Oh well.

I was wondering if I could get a denim tailor to make me a pair of nice raw jeans with a P15 pattern, that'd be something I could live in for quite sometime.

but have it bespoked to your waist because that much denim will not work there

but have it bespoked to your waist because that much denim will not work there

I don't know, the Levi Red 1st Giant are quite like them, and actually preceded them by 15 years, difference being they cinch at the rear. They do not have the acute taper but are a rather complex pattern/cut.

it depends on the denim thickness, not sure about the yours, but l have pair of some reds (experimental pattern, giant pockets, insane thread thickness, huge tag, tappered) and l would not want extra denim inthe waist area.

it was just my 5c, because once you have someone tailoring pants for you, it's always better to have them made for you.

anyway cant wait to see the result! (even when l no longer wear denim)

My list is short as well: gt-j36, gt-j21 and one of my newest additions gt-j17. I keep several pairs of pants and some bags but none are as indespensible as those jackets. J36 in particular holds a special place in my heart. I'm not the overly sentimental type but that jacket is certainly one of my favorite physical possessions; I will be buried in it :)

Oh I really love the kr-sm1 as well, I imagine that will likely always be a favorite.

Edited by jbob24

any one happen to have the new j28k? i have some questions about the imperfections on it.

I got the khaki/green version and just yesterday I noticed there are 2 areas, one on the left arm and the other on the back right shoulder, both about 3 inch blobs like camo where the dye didn't take as much and is lighter. It's very slight and almost looks like a water spill, but I dig it. The jacket is AMAZING, light and perfect for spring. It breaths really well.

how you guys list acr items as long-time keepers

My list is short as well: gt-j36, gt-j21 and one of my newest additions gt-j17. 

I bought a gt-j17 in 2009 and it's still one of my favorites, the fit is perfect.

My long time keepers are the j17, j36, p10 and the j1a-gt.

I also loved my first acronym piece, the s-j1a (the olive j1a with the black sleeve). 

Oh I really love the kr-sm1 as well, I imagine that will likely always be a favorite.

My kr-sm1 will aways be Dino's favorite....

vFgbKEm.jpg

Hello, been lurking for a while and just want to appreciate all the information everyone has shared, it has really helped me make good informed choices being new to acr.

Does anyone know if the current p10ch is too hot for the tropics? I understand its not as breatheable than the ds but how about compared to p10s? Any experience would much appreciated.

P10-CH has Schoeller Coldblack tech in it so it doesn't heat up that quickly. Do the other materials have this? Whenever I wear mine in direct sunlight I never get too hot. Additionally they are pretty loose in the upper half and that helps.

But they are a relatively thick fabric and that itself could make it hot. It sounds like direct sunlight isn't your real problem, it's being in a humid tropical environment...

Maybe somebody can give me a hint on this sizing question:

I bought a J32 this season in size S and it turned out to be slightly too small in the shoulders which resulted in being to tight in the chest area. Everything else was fine ... I assume this has something to do with the reglan shoulder cut of the jacket. How does the J47 compare in this regard? Would a size s be an option as measurements tell the j47 is a bit wider in shoulder measurement? As a comparison J29-ch in S fits perfect.

Thanks for any thoughts.

I had the chance visit Haven Shop today to check out their limited stock. Got to check the quality of P20-S and noticed how thick and sturdy the material was and I'm really considering. Got to try out the j28-k and material noted thinner and flimsier than my J47. Lotsa secret pockets

I'm 5'10 180lbs and jacket is L

E9225296-C36A-402C-AAC8-C49866EE38BB_zps

Edited by JoseRizal